Archived What Is Wrong With Pvp In My Opinion (mainly Vampire)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
First of all yes this is in the right place since it is just my overall opinion of pvp on massivecraft. Video credits for pointing this out to me go entirely to @BenRekt

Please watch this video and skip to 1:04 seconds. This is exactly what is wrong with MassiveCraft pvp in my opinion. It is an analogy.

The reason for this thread
Right now many active pvpers say pvp is dead on MassiveCraft and please do not come in here and say oh well there are smaller fights every day that go on without you knowing about them, because guess what... I can not participate in those fights because I will end up killing everyone because I have better gear, and am most likely more experienced.

The Problem
This video explains this whole thing perfectly, MassiveCraft has tried to add toppings onto a pizza that is only made to have pepperoni, they are trying to recreate the wheel. MassiveCraft pvp has just become so hard and irregular and completely crazy and difficult to understand between vampire, traits, mcmmo, and on top of all this having the need to obtain potions and god weapons. And people wonder why new pvpers do not come around very often on MassiveCraft. MassiveCraft just needs to back up so new pvpers just have a descent chance at being able to jump into pvp without being overwhelmed by all these new weird things that they have never seen before.

Another thing that was pointed out to me is that everyone in europe has a constant ping of about 200 m/s with this sort of ping, it really hurts those pvpers from this specific region especially in vampire pvp, due to how fast they go, and how delayed their connection is to the server. This was pointed out to me by @Traxex20

The Fix
What I think needs to be done is to:
  • Eliminate vampire completely, since it is outdated according to @Thortuna and a plugin that is outdated and you can not edit should not even be on your server in my opinion. The Vampire plugin is both way overpowered, and also very confusing for new players and potential pvpers.
  • This is a very personal opinion but I think traits make pvp absolutely aweful and based on who gets lucky with their trait build, I don't expect this to be put in.
  • Be more clear in spawn, I have way too many people each day pming me asking how to do certain stuff, just random people who joined a few minutes before, who without my help probably would have just quit MassiveCraft, if it helps as a server owner think of that as a potential sale to help keep the server up, who just left due to not knowing what to do.

Please, Stop adding toppings to this pizza, it is fine just having cheese and pepperoni. @Cayorion @Gethelp @Thortuna @MonMarty

@Sevak @Shaneski101 @DarShauwn @SwiftPvP @feiooos @jquaile @davidn2012 @morrc5 @BornaSepic @Southrenstar @Lazzulai @Blizzy

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Read my initial reply , what I very first said. I said I wanted traits removed so pvp becomes more skill based , all these while I have been discussing about pvp becoming more skill based . YOU should read the subject again and not abuse ratings
i did read again, alway's before i post, so i make sure i know what i talk about, opinion ddin't change.
I said that removing MCMMO would be better tehn removing traits, i NEVER said that bow spamming requierd skill. you didn't read.
now, let's make a deal hu? you remove your ratings, and i shal remove mine, we both don't like them. sems fair no?

i did read again, alway's before i post, so i make sure i know what i talk about, opinion ddin't change.
I said that removing MCMMO would be better tehn removing traits, i NEVER said that bow spamming requierd skill. you didn't read.
now, let's make a deal hu? you remove your ratings, and i shal remove mine, we both don't like them. sems fair no?
Why did u quote my post if u r not replying to what I said about removing traits to make pvp more skill based then? Your reply has no link to what I said . And no I shall not remove the rating , I don't care about negative ratings on me and you were simply abusing ratings by giving me 2 prtsa ratings when I gave you one which made sense

To those who think that MCMMO is somehow "Skill" are entirely wrong. MCMMO is just a demonstration of how many times a player hits mobs/players. All it takes is dedication to darkrooming (no small feat lol). Traits needs a combination of a luck and understanding of the traits you are going to use and how they interact with one another.

Traits needs more brainpower than MCMMO. Now, if there was a setup that needed one to kill players to get higher lvls it would be *almost*skill based - add a "lose power" aspect if you go a while without killing players then it would work as "skill".

Potions are the closest to actual skill that MassiveCraft currently offers.

When I say lag, I mean the ping. My internet is really good though :)
Ping = how long it takes for your computer to talk to the server.
TPS = ticks per second, or how far behind the server is.
Fps = frames per second, which is unaffected by internet speed.

I think you have it right, just wanted to clear it up :p

Ping = how long it takes for your computer to talk to the server.
TPS = ticks per second, or how far behind the server is.
Fps = frames per second, which is unaffected by internet speed.

I think you have it right, just wanted to clear it up :P
I wasn't sure about ping and TPS xD Thanks though! :D

Maybe MCMMO isn't skill based but you don't get the stats you need to pvp by being lazy, and if new pvpers don't want to put the work in for the stats or gear, then they shouldn't be pvping.

back to simple days. I like it.