We Need To Do Something To Keep The Community

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by TwoTenPvP, Aug 9, 2014.

?

Do You Agree?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I Dont Know / I Dont Care

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Spazzzzz

Spazzzzz Trump Train 2016

Mcmmo is a big factor for us pvpers you must understand the server is more then likely running off of pvp donations back in the day so we used to be able to wear diamond and keep armor. rp is nice and cool but pvp made this server what it is today and to knock out mcmmo say bye bye to all the pvpers and the server "my opinion"

2. krios41

krios41 Privjet

the problem with MCMMO is once you have it you can't remove it because it will upset everyone with high stats. it was better if it was never here in my opinion but now we have it and we are stuck with it, all we can do is attempt to make it more balanced right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kezlok

Kezlok Spooky

Why do you see mcmmo as a problem?

4. krios41

krios41 Privjet

i like MCMMO (excpet archery/axes/swords/unarmed) it is just... it just breaks the pve/pvp part of teh game completly when you do not nerf a lot, ik here a lot is nerfed and such, but... when i look at all these posts i realy think "MCMMO needs to get out" and ik that no pvp'er is going to like it, heck even i won't like it coz i would lose mys stats i trained for, but in teh end, i think we are better of without it. @frederik049

5. Kezlok

Kezlok Spooky

Okayyy let's have a little talk about the pvp aspect/part of the game here.
    First of all i want to clarify that this thread not was supposed to turn into a discussion about removal of mcmmo but here we are...

Lets say that MCMMO would be removed (not that it ever is going to happen) how would it effect people on the server?
    Most of the PvP'ers with really high combat stats (lets take me as an example)
    would either 1. leave the server or 2. keep dominating. Not because of our high mcmmo stats but because of how experienced we are in PvP (If you think that high mcmmo stats shows you how strong a person is then that's definitely not the case. Most of us are training on other servers to become more skilled.)
    What would the roleplayers/less good pvp'ers do? Would they still hide inside their houses, under the ground ect. or would they fight the more experienced people? I don't think that anything would change at all.

I think that the combat side of MCMMO is a positive thing because it adds more strategy, more cool ways of fighting each other, turns something useless into something useful (Axes and Unarmed in this case) and when combined with MassiveTraits it just gets even more epic. What MCMMO basically does to axes is to put it up at the same combat level of a vanilla sword while giving axes a chance to crit, swords a chance to make the oponent bleed with damage over time, buffing bow and unarmed damage + making unarmed players able to disarm the oponent. I do not see this as "breaking the pvp/pve part of the game completely," I'd rather call it an upgrade of the vanilla PvP as all of us know.

Apart from that i want to point out that the server originally and mainly kept running because of the pvp'ers, the trait plugin probably not ever would have been created since many of the most important buffs would become useless and the in game economy would look much more different than it does today (If this is good or not depends on what you think.)

I hope this was helpful please tell me if you feel like there's anything I've missed or something that I'm wrong about :)

(This is not intended to be seen as flame but purely how i could imagine the server without mcmmo)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. krios41

krios41 Privjet

dificult to argue with, so solid things :) but i do see some things so i go ahead and try not to be a derpalope
    totes agree with that
    Apart from that i want to point out that the server originally and mainly kept running because of the pvp'ers, the trait plugin probably not ever would have been created since many of the most important buffs would become useless and the in game economy would look much more different than it does today (If this is good or not depends on what you think.)
    [/QUOTE]
    i do not know about that but seems plausible for sure... i'm not a "knowitall" sadly :(

know, i hope i didn't make mistakes while writing this as i tend to behave derpy today, so if you find derp things go ahead and tell me :)

7. Kezlok

Kezlok Spooky

i do not know about that but seems plausible for sure... i'm not a "knowitall" sadly :(

know, i hope i didn't make mistakes while writing this as i tend to behave derpy today, so if you find derp things go ahead and tell me :)

[/QUOTE]
    It's fine i hope i learned ya something ;)

8. morgan_slater

morgan_slater Incredibly good looking.

PvP on this server has actually become very bugged with the traits. Even while using harmimmune I have been killed in 3 hits.
    Watch the last 14 seconds of this video(from 4:10)

(Couldn't be bothered cutting the video to just that part so yeah)
    Thing like this have been happening much more often, and it is increasingly annoying.

While using Unarmedresistant and Harmimmune, fighting with a player using unarmed I was still taking 2 hearts per hit, the damage dealt on this server's pvp is ridiculous, this makes PvP boring as killing players in 2 or 3 hits makes beating them not satisfying, and losing in 2 or 3 hits is simply frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

There's currently a damage glitch, that allows you to 2-3 shot even with unarmed.

10. Kezlok

Kezlok Spooky

I killed a person in god armour at Atheria in 3 hits with a sharp 3 axe so yea... It's pretty broken ;P

11. Tokuu

Tokuu Dvorin Onyxbeard, Belegostian Elder

From fighting alongside Deldrimor and Raptum at Civitas against Thelgen/Grimsbane and Magnaimus, I can definitely say there is a damage glitch. Initially, the damage given/received was pretty normal, but then as the fights progressed, the glitches became more and more prominent. I died to an axe blow from @Wannag which did a total of 6 hearts in one hit, with axe resist and harmimmune. These glitches really need to be patched, as it makes everything much more frustrating than it should be

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wannag

Wannag hey guys

Yes, this is true, the glitches in axe damage can really be quite annoying.

13. krios41

krios41 Privjet

we do have a bug report section on teh forum, why not make use of it?

14. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

Out with the old and in with the new

15. Tokuu

Tokuu Dvorin Onyxbeard, Belegostian Elder

If people who are fighting in completelyopposite sides of a war are agreeing on something being glitched, something must be wrong. I mean, the fighting between the two sides was very good. But now... It's not so much fun. The glitches need to be solved, to make PvP more balanced again. To make it more fun again. Just my opinion.

16. TheTerrawr

TheTerrawr King of the Silencio Empire

Just did a test hit on sprrw. A normal diamond axe with a strengthII against god armour with no vanilla crit but an mcmmo crit does 40% damage when he has axe resistant and I don't have axe expert. Wut.

17. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

"There is dmg glitch" people earlier in this thread (facepalm)

18. Joshy54100

I can't seem to be able to edit my post, meant to type "There is no dmg glitch"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jquaile

jquaile Refugee

Have you read the later posts? You think it's ok you can be 2 or 3 shot in god armour when you couldn't before? No offense but you're banned right now so you don't know what it's like. The glitch is not just axes either swords can do 4 hearts per hit as well. Not sure what's causing it but it's ruining pvp. In know blah blah you're not building your traits right, incorrect. How else can you reduce damage from axes other than harmimmune and axeresistant? There are no other traits you can use if axes still do 6 hearts in one hit that's wrong. Never happened until recently as well so as far as I'm concerned it's a pretty clear glitch.

20. Joshy54100

I was saying that it made no sense for people to say that there is no damage glitch. We agree on this, I think you misunderstood me :P