Archived Removal Of Massivemob Debuffs In Pvp

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevak

King of Deldrimor
Reaction score
Faction
Deldrimor
Kingdom
Deldrimorian Dominion
Roleplay Guilds
Sevak
MassiveMobs have many positives and negatives. I can't say that altogether I really like or dislike them. I love how easy darkrooming became when they were added. I got my axes up from 1500 to 2600 in a few hours of grinding after they were implemented in to all worlds. I'm not too interested in PvE but a few of my friends and officers seem to enjoy fighting the boss mobs in the darkroom. It's a good plugin and it adds a very unique, medieval fantasy aspect to the server. But, my issue with it is the mobs interfering with PvP.

I've had many fights where the land just outside of the claim everyone was PvPing in is spawning more mobs than my darkroom. These mobs interfere with PvP in a few ways.
  • Certain mobs carry knock back weapons. Some have Punch Bows, others have KB melee weapons. These can knock you away from the fight which can be very annoying if you're about to finish a kill or are trying to save a friend that is being killed.
  • Insane amounts of mob drops. I for one, like to keep my inventory very organized when I'm fighting. This makes that difficult. This is a screenshot of what happens when you start to pick up mob drops. Not too bad here but it gets much worse. 2016-02-20_19.10.05.png
  • Debuffs. This is the worst part. Certain mobs can poison, some can wither. And witches can throw slowness and poison potions on you. Of course, witches are a vanilla mob, so this is not the fault of Massive Mobs but it is still an interference. Poison and wither not only deal damage over time which can prevent you from jumping and moving properly, but they also prevent you from regaining your absorption hearts which can cause you to be very squishy. 2015-12-02_17.17.09.png
I'm having trouble coming up with a possible solution that could lower the Massive Mob interference in PvP but also don't ruin the benefits they have for people who enjoy PvE. Let me know what you think :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It feels to me like the debuffs are part of the experience of fighting the mobs...
Yes, they are part of the experience of fighting the mobs. But in my opinion, they shouldn't be part of the experience of fighting players.

Hey there Sevak

I think that the factions worlds need the complexity of having to fight mobs, traps and players, altogether. If you want the easy standard pvp go to a kitpvp world/server and there you have nothing else than player vs player.

I agree that the mobs would pose a problem in PvP. Especially when there are more mobs on the surface than in a darkroom. There's the quick solution of trucing them all, but that creates the problem of 7-10 slot syndrome for traits. Not to mention the problem still is there if you fight someone not truced and get stuck in the middle of an arrow shot from a skeleton, etc.

I can't think of any practical solution. One thing that pops to my mind is limiting the mobs per chunk, but this doesn't help (the mobs spawn outside the darkroom chunks in PvP) Another solution might be to claim the land around factions (once again, impractical and a waste of time.)

Sadly, I feel that this problem is hard to fix. I guess the best option so far is to draw the fight away from the mobs into calmer areas. Or fight in the day. But both are pointless fixes, since the problem remains.

I mean... there already IS a solution. as I said above...
Znake do I need to explain to you that we are PVPING and have pvp traits. We're not going to spend all of our trait points on truce traits when all you have to do is accidently hit one once and its back to getting screwed up by mobs. I'm pretty sure any pvper understands this.

Znake do I need to explain to you that we are PVPING and have pvp traits. We're not going to spend all of our trait points on truce traits when all you have to do is accidently hit one once and its back to getting screwed up by mobs. I'm pretty sure any pvper understands this.
I'm a pvper. And I reckon this is a Factions server. You're asking to remove everything that makes this server rich for your advantage and only because you're lazy.

This whole idea and thread is based on the same concept of the removal of Lore from the factions world. Massive is going in a very mechanical path right now. Pvper, Builder, Rper... That's it. No more orcs, dwarves, whatever, no more magic in anything that is created in this server anymore. It's getting more stupid and simple every day.

This whole idea and thread is based on the same concept of the removal of Lore from the factions world. Massive is going in a very mechanical path right now. Pvper, Builder, Rper... That's it. No more orcs, dwarves, whatever, no more magic in anything that is created in this server anymore. It's getting more stupid and simple every day.
I like the idea of incorporating that kind of stuff in to the survival worlds believe me. I just think when Massive Mobs become a 3rd party in a raid it becomes a problem.
Mobs.png

Attachments

• Mobs.png
    Mobs.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
but massive mobs aren't lore compliant. The names of the survival worlds are and like one faction but anything outside regalia isn't considered canon

but massive mobs aren't lore compliant. The names of the survival worlds are and like one faction but anything outside regalia isn't considered canon
if massive mobs are not lore compliant, that's because the people in charge exactly doing what I said. Removing roleplay from factions.
Regalia is no longer part of the factions world which is dumb. It's like you go in different servers, regalia and factions o.O

if massive mobs are not lore compliant, that's because the people in charge exactly doing what I said. Removing roleplay from factions.
Regalia is no longer part of the factions world which is dumb. It's like you go in different servers, regalia and factions o.O
It really does feel that way a lot

MassiveMobs have many positives and negatives. I can't say that altogether I really like or dislike them. I love how easy darkrooming became when they were added. I got my axes up from 1500 to 2600 in a few hours of grinding after they were implemented in to all worlds. I'm not too interested in PvE but a few of my friends and officers seem to enjoy fighting the boss mobs in the darkroom. It's a good plugin and it adds a very unique, medieval fantasy aspect to the server. But, my issue with it is the mobs interfering with PvP.

I've had many fights where the land just outside of the claim everyone was PvPing in is spawning more mobs than my darkroom. These mobs interfere with PvP in a few ways.
  • Certain mobs carry knock back weapons. Some have Punch Bows, others have KB melee weapons. These can knock you away from the fight which can be very annoying if you're about to finish a kill or are trying to save a friend that is being killed.
  • Insane amounts of mob drops. I for one, like to keep my inventory very organized when I'm fighting. This makes that difficult. This is a screenshot of what happens when you start to pick up mob drops. Not too bad here but it gets much worse.View attachment 76396
  • Debuffs. This is the worst part. Certain mobs can poison, some can wither. And witches can throw slowness and poison potions on you. Of course, witches are a vanilla mob, so this is not the fault of Massive Mobs but it is still an interference. Poison and wither not only deal damage over time which can prevent you from jumping and moving properly, but they also prevent you from regaining your absorption hearts which can cause you to be very squishy. View attachment 76397
I'm having trouble coming up with a possible solution that could lower the Massive Mob interference in PvP but also don't ruin the benefits they have for people who enjoy PvE. Let me know what you think :)
Tough it out, and toughen up. This has never been an issue for me in my almost 3 years of playing, and the staff have far more important things that NEED to be done. Viewing this post is not one of them.

Tough it out, and toughen up. This has never been an issue for me in my almost 3 years of playing, and the staff have far more important things that NEED to be done. Viewing this post is not one of them.
cough cough savage cough cough

This is however an issue for players that participate in PvP though. It is not the biggest issue of course, but a lot of us find it to be one.

Good Meme. Remind me again of your extensive PvP experience?

So you would say an alien would have a valid opinion of Earth having never seen it before?
If a brand-new player came in saying they knew everything about massive PVP and have lots of game changing opinions. That's a good analogy to this alien thing.

But somebody who these changes could effect. That's all players

If a brand-new player came in saying they knew everything about massive PVP and have lots of game changing opinions. That's a good analogy to this alien thing.

But somebody who these changes could effect. That's all players
This change was offered because of its adverse effect to PvP. If you don't PvP, you cannot comment on the usefulness of this change.

Hitler's opinion was that the Jews needed to be exterminated. Tell me if that opinion is wrong or not.
To me and you, it may appear wrong. But not to Hitler. What you perceive as "wrong" is not shared by all people, as such something can never be absolutely wrong.

Guys we can not get off topic please?

Doesn't this kinda go against one of the secondary functions of Massivemobs?

As I'm sure most of you are aware you are able to tame all Green or lower mobs that can then help you in battle. The second any player or other mob hits you any tamed mobs you have nearby will then go attack whatever did it to you.

I understand this is a feature that rarely if ever gets used but it is a part of the plugin and we are meant to have that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.