Rejected Removal Of /f Home Allied [bring Back Travel + Portals]

Discussion in 'Factions' started by BansheeLord, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BansheeLord

BansheeLord Bansheep

For a world without Massive Restore, causing for roads and bridges and infrastructure to be built, I think we should actually /use/ them. If we remove the factions /f home [different faction] feature, we will somewhat restore the idea of having to travel from one location to another. These roads and bridges will also serve as the backbone for Massive Trade, and even bring about mob travel like horses or even primitive pigs with carrot'd rods. Yes, portals can take you from point A to point B instantly, but at least this enforces the idea of a portal network, and encourages travel the idea of travel infrastructure like roads and bridges amongst players.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  2. SubscriptShark

SubscriptShark Not Registered

Banshee, please no

3. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

The staff have already removed punishments for theft and other things based on f home allies so a lot of people have actually just disabled it themselves already

4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

So one system I use for relations is that the truce flag is equivalent to an "alliance" with the ally flag being used for alt factions and buffer claims. While that play style does not work well on massive, the point stands that some players use their relation tags to set certain trust perms. If they want an ally to tp to their base without issue, so be it.

I also enjoy the quick access of traveling from ally to ally with their home open. I'll more than likely use the road network that we build, but maybe I just want to pop in for a second.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Better tp, than waste time travelling.

• Educated Educated x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Marking this as under review. I'm going to bring this idea to discussion within Game staff and if it gets through that, we could release a poll on the matter.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  7. lunarepiphany

lunarepiphany stargazer

Just speaking as a player, I disagree with this. For more social factions, I like being able to go see a friend's faction sooner rather than later, and portals aren't always feasible. Roads are cute and nice, but two close factions will build them regardless! Ally tp is good IMO

8. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

How about we just all get subways like I’ve been saying since the restart

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

10. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I think an idea like this comes with many ups and downs, as is a given. It enforces things like roads and ship travel (like a portal inside a ship), but also takes away from the more social factions. It makes /f home raids no longer a things, and stops your allies from being able to come support you as easily.
    What could be done, however, is disabling it temporarily and seeing how it goes. Maybe it'll be better, maybe worse, probably the best way to find out is to just see firsthand. I personally love the idea of having a vast road network connecting cities, but it also brings up issues such as time spent making them, and maintenance.
    Sorry for the short post, I just didn't really feel like re-typing the whole long thing I had before. I hope this gets my opinion across, lol.