House Black

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Film_Noir, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Bounden

Bounden Particular Pirates

You'd be chopped liver. I'd be a finely roasted piece of watery, savory, liver.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sidereum

Sidereum That guy who dissappeared for a while

Terribly sorry, Chris and Rerik have been the only two Aiden's met so far, so, they just came to mind more immediately. I'll just add you guys to the list then lol

3. Bounden

Bounden Particular Pirates

Hey there! Just wanted to say a few things. I've seen that you've recently have applied for several different families who have given you great advice to build upon. Perhaps don't try to go from family to family hoping that one of their answers will be different than the last. A few things I think you should know is that House Black is currently isn't looking for any family member applications and that this is meant for staff. Also Oliver was born just recently so he would be only a few months old. He would be impossible to role play as seeing all he can really do is poop, pee, and sleep. Also this application is rather empty. You would need to have much more detail and accurately describe your character. Perhaps give your application a final look through too before you post it since there are several grammar mistakes. Before one could be considered to join a Nobility family, they usually require a bit of reputation and good reputation at that. So far I haven't seen much of you. I noticed that you recently joined and that's great! Massive is a great server and perhaps if you listen to some advice given by some of the more experienced members you could improve on your own skills of rp. I would recommend making your own character and start to rp as him. Come up to some more experienced players in game and rp with them. I am sure they will give you some tips if they notice and major flaws. They main thing is to listen and not get mad. No one is criticizing you or your skill. They just want to see you grow as an rper. I hope you consider some of the things I have said and that others have said as well. Have a Massive day!
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Constructive Constructive x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Roseart

Roseart

XD my real names in this XD spelt excactly the same way XD

5. Mechrotic

Mechrotic A profound conman, businessman, and gentleman.

Do we contact you directly in regards to those bodyguard positions?

6. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

Some in-character interaction in-game before applying is preferable.

7. 2008Ash

2008Ash

In-Game Name:
    2008Ash
    IRL Time Zone (optional): UTC
    Why do you want to join the staff of House Black? (What is your OOC motivation?) Well I have role played with @Film_Noir several times and my character and his IC know each other.

Character Name: Laeyns Crawley
    Character Age: Twenty Three
    Character Race: Female Ailor
    What kind of staff position is your character interested in? Secretary
    Briefly describe your character's personality and backstory: Laeyns Crawley is a wealthy upper class Ailor. She is very condescending and thinks of herself as better than others. But she also is very driven and will complete the task given her at all costs. In truth everything she does is to help better her position and standing in life, so she is very self centered. She is very much Ceardian, but she grew up in Ithania so she has a mix of the two cultures, although Ceardian is what she would be classified under.
    Link to your character's intro. on the forums (optional): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/laeyns-crawley.31674/

8. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

IGN: KrakenLord01
    IRL Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Why do you want to join House Black: I wish for my character to gain character development through something he loves to do. Being an explorer and treasure hunter, House Black is perfect for him.
    Describe your Character: Relveth is a collared Shendar mage who is always on the hunt for mysteries and treasure beyond. He's very social and easy to get along with, but has a nasty temper. He's tolerant towards others, always having a neutral opinion on the social order of religion and politics.
    Job: Treasure Hunter
    Link to Character Application:
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/reluvethel-vinthracia.33069/#post-395836

• Like Like x 1
  9. xXCarrotSenseiXx

xXCarrotSenseiXx ding ding ding

Would there be any positions open as sort of a general crew member on the ship? I'm wondering because I have a character traied as a sailor, but all of my roleplaying with her is unrelated to sailing.

10. Film_Noir

There are, yes. Rerik Ulster, for example, is Chris' chief gunner and engineer. I'd be looking for a pretty hardy character given the time period and that she'd be sailing with crews consisting mainly of men. It's possible though.

Is she an Ailor?

11. Film_Noir

I'm going to say no for now. I'm lacking serious in-game interaction with this character and, as it stands, Chris wouldn't hire a Shendar mage.

#131 Film_Noir, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  12. Film_Noir

Interested in the Merchant Guild? I'm building a number of avenues there, e.g. organisational positions to try out for, high levels of event participation, that'll be great for using to gain RP experience and character development.

#132 Film_Noir, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  13. 2008Ash

2008Ash

That sounds really cool! I would love to do that, what are some positions I could fill? ((Something such as event planning or as you said organizational things would be right up my ally))

14. xXCarrotSenseiXx

xXCarrotSenseiXx ding ding ding

She's Chi'en-ji, I'm not sure if that would work?

15. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

In-Game Name: Blakewerewolf98
    IRL Time Zone (optional): EST
    Why do you want to join the staff of House Black? (What is your OOC motivation?) Mainly, because Wolfryk is looking for a job and more specifically within a Noble Family. He has heard of the Black Family and hopes to employ within there workforce. My OOC Motivation is just to get back into Noble RP and see new experiences as I heard RPing with this family is interesting.

Character Name:
    Wolfryk Kundimal
    Character Age: 50
    Character Race: Dwarf
    What kind of staff position is your character interested in? Bodyguard/Guard
    Briefly describe your character's personality and backstory: Wolfryk is a veteran of war and battle. He has fought against Dakkar, Orcs, Qadir and many other things. This has shaped him into what he is now. Despite all of his times in battle, he is rather calm unless angered. He will also lay his life down for who thinks deserves it, thus he is extremely loyal. Wolfryk was raised within a Hold near Grebor and was trained there for a while until he set out on his own and traveled across the world on a ship. He eventually found his way into Regalia and was quickly employed as a guard of sorts. He ended up making quite a bit of money from odd jobs. But by no means was Wolfryk rich, just enough to make Wolfryk comfortable.
    Link to your character's intro. on the forums (optional): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/wolfryk-kundimal.34457/

16. Film_Noir

Accepted! Also, welcome @Greenie.

17. embodyingsnow67

embodyingsnow67 Overlord of pancakes

In-Game Name: embodyingsnow67

IRL Time Zone (optional): Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Why do you want to join the staff of House Black? (What is your OOC motivation?): For quite some time, I’ve been wanting to immerse myself in the roleplay community and find new opportunities by approaching the noble scene as a servant. From what I’ve seen and heard, this family is quite laid back and relaxed, which is something that I find rather appealing. In addition, @Safety_Manatee, a close friend of mine, recommended it to me considering that she has the character Klary Black.

Character Name: Marianne (a.k.a Marie) Couvreur

Character Age: 22

Character Race: Ailor

What kind of staff position is your character interested in?: Perhaps some kind of maid/secretary? Most likely a tailor if necessary.

Briefly describe your character's personality and backstory: This should be in her app.

Link to your character's intro. on the forums (optional): Link

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Manatee_

Manatee_ mouse

i vouch for sara 100% she is a top notch lady
    ily sara

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Film_Noir

UPDATE

Applying to be house staff via this thread is currently not possible. For the foreseeable future, recruitment will occur in-game. See the Regalian notice board for announcements concerning current job openings.

Position Available: Housemaid

#139 Film_Noir, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  20. Film_Noir

#140 Film_Noir, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  21. PotentiallyPercy

PotentiallyPercy Not Stinky

Hiya, I couldn't find a application form regarding applications into the family so does that mean you can't apply for a family member?

22. Film_Noir

It's possible to become a family member, but I'm really, really picky about it. The demands that I set are along the lines of:
    • the player needs to know how to independently create growth and development for their character;
    • I need to be able to trust the player to not screw our family over IC-wise in a really, major, tragic way (i.e. some experience with nobility helps);
    • the player needs to be actually interested in joining the Black family as a member of a privateering family that works for Regalia, rather than simply joining because they want to try out being an "important, high noble" character.
    Because of these demands, as a means of being able to test them, I only offer family roles to people who I've role-played with a lot. We're often on the lookout for staff though. Staff are treated like family members.

23. PotentiallyPercy

PotentiallyPercy Not Stinky

Alright, thank you ^-^

24. Mooffins

Mooffins ancient gay

ya'll aight

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Film_Noir

Position Available: Tutor

26. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

The (NPC) thingy signifies that you cannot apply for that character, yes? @Film_Noir

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Film_Noir

Position Available: Guards

28. Film_Noir

• Like Like x 1
  29. Film_Noir

UPDATE

For a very limited time, family recruitment will be open to slightly boost numbers of House Black members. OOC-wise, I'm looking for people who can, or want to learn how to, do the following:
    • plan and host public roleplay events
    • independently create growth and development for their character
    • be involved with, and an active contributor to, the noble roleplaying community
    • have a positive outlook (no salt)
    IC-wise, I'm looking for characters that will help consolidate and strengthen the Black family concept. The Black family can be thought of as a family traditionally of privateers who fight in wars for the Regalian Empire. They own 12 carracks, as well as a variety of smaller schooners and sloops. These 12 war ships are smaller in physical size than the Kade or Typhonus ships, but the Blacks hold the reputation of being the finest sailors! During peace time, the Blacks privateer in the waters off of Farah'deen, holding a Letter of Marque and Reprisal issued by Regalia. The culture of the Blacks is (New) Regalian. Males are likely to undergo a Marin education.

Entry into the Black family will consist of a one month trial. Players can apply by filling out the following form. A new character will be created for you and placed in a cousin side-branch of the family. (I.e. Ignore the current family tree as your new character won't appear here yet.)

Black Family Member Application Form

Your chosen new Black family character's name:
    Character's age:
    Character's gender:
    Character's visual appearance:
    Character's personality:
    Character's ambitions:
    Character's backstory:

Your IGN:
    Time zone:
    Motivation for joining the Black family:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  30. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

• Winner Winner x 1
  31. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Christopher Pepe.png

32. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

Your chosen new Black family character's name: Evelyn Black
    Character's age: 17
    Character's gender: Female
    Character's visual appearance: Evelyn has long brown hair which has a navy blue bow in the back, with pale blueish green eyes. Evelyn gets most of her traits from her mother, which includes some of her eye color and her hair color. She has light pale skin and one scar on her right hand from falling down in an ally way after exploring it and finding a mural of a lady in white on the wall of the ally way. She wears a long sleeved light blue colored dress with black flats, She also wears two silver earrings and a silver necklace with two little white diamonds in the middle. She is fairly tall for her age and she has a medium body build. She is also strong from all the exploring she does throughout regalia.
    Character's personality: Evelyn is Stubborn, she will not listen to someone if they aren't letting her have her way. Evelyn is independent, she likes to do things on her own and she doesn't like when people get in her way. Evelyn is Brave, she is brave due to her going out and exploring creepy and scary places such as ally ways and caves. Evelyn is reckless, she doesn't care if she breaks something. This is due to her family's wealth, she thinks that if she breaks it it could be replaced easily.
    Character's ambitions: Evelyn has always dreamed of marrying the perfect noble man and having 2 beautiful children. Ever since she was 15 she always played with dolls pretending that they where the perfect noble family that she wanted in her future.
    Character's backstory: Evelyn is the daughter of Eric and Elise Black, and her little sister is Elizabeth Black. Evelyn has always been nice to her little sister but when her little sister doesn't listen to her she'll argue with her. Evelyn is usually a nice person but sometimes her stubbornness will get the best of her. Evelyn likes to meet people and make new friends since she didn't have many when she was younger. When Evelyn was 12 she was very anti social. She would only talk to her sister because she felt most comfortable around her. Evelyn can be usually found exploring Regalia, helping her mother clean, or playing with her sister. On Evelyn's 10th birthday her mother gifted her two earrings and a necklace, she will never leave the house without these accessories.

Your IGN: FrozenTacozz
    Time zone: CMT
    Motivation for joining the Black family: My motivation for joining the Black family is to basically gain more roleplay skills and make friends. I've admired the black family since I heard of the family and I loved the idea of joining. When I wanted to apply most of the positions that I wanted where taken but now I have a chance! Another reason that I want to join is so I can develop Evelyn as a character and experience new role play scenarios. I also want to be apart of an active roleplay community. When I joined a noble family (House Holaharice) they wherent as active as they said they where so I left the family. Those are my reasons for wanting to join! If you want my skype or any other information just pm me! Thanks!~

#152 AlysaPotato, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  33. Film_Noir

Hello! Thanks for applying. It's a rejection for now because we haven't interacted with you before on the server, and thus don't know much about your roleplaying abilities, etc. However, we'll keep a look out for you around in Regalia and try to interact a bit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  34. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

Okay! I look forward to role playing with you/ the other family members! :D thanks!~

• Like Like x 2
  35. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

Your chosen new Black family character's name: Benjamin Dominick Black
    Character's age: 24
    Character's gender: Male
    Character's visual appearance: To act as a summary; Ben would stand at roughly 6'1, being more on the skinny side he'd weigh roughly 160-170 pounds. His hair would cut short, something along the lines of a Caesar cut if you would, though a tad bit longer. His hair color would be Jet Black, as well with blue eyes and a warm rosy skin color.
    Character's personality:
    These are just the starting traits I had in mind, I'll flesh them out at a later point or if you need me to do so now just let me know.
    Humble
    Arrogant
    Observant
    spiteful
    Adaptable
    Curious
    Character's ambitions: Bennie's ambitions are to earn some renown in the naval world; to establish himself as a damn good captain.
    Character's backstory: Born 260 A.C. in the Black estate in Narlas.

Early years of life were mostly spent tutoring the child, along with reading and writing Bennie learned geography and the different types of Naval vessels.

As expected scored a Marin on his exam and almost immediately sent off to the Crown Isle to attend Regalian Academy of the Captaincy.

After serving seven years in the Academy Benjamin was called home by his family. His kin believing him to be ready allowed him to act as a vice captain on a family ship and set sail to hunt Songaskia pirates in Farah’deen.

After some time Ben returned home; now in his early twenties, to take a break from pirating and took command of a ship to aid in the family merchant business.

Once the Anahera occupation of the holy city had ended Ben returned to Regalia to aid the family buisness there.

Your IGN: EcologicMammall
    Time zone: Est
    Motivation for joining the Black family: The reason I want to join the Black Family is that I want to enter the noble role play scene and learn more about noble etiquette. I have the jist of it down but I feel that this family would help a lot and bring in a fun time and a few memories.

36. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

Is recruitment still open?

• Like Like x 1
  37. Film_Noir

Yep.

38. Angel1824

Angel1824 Angel

Your chosen new Black family character's name: Amery K. Black

Character's age: 23

Character's gender: Female

Character's visual appearance: Amery has long wavy black hair with a dark blue bow in the back. Her eyes are a pale blue color with specks of grey in them. She has lightly tanned skin to accent her athletic body build. She is roughly 5’8” weighing in at 136lbs. She wears a long sleeved dark blue and silver colored dress with black flats for shoes.

Character's personality: Amery is a very independent soul. For the most part she likes to do things on her own, but she will never fail to ask if any task is too great for her. She is also very compassionate. If she spots anyone who may look like they are in need of help, she will not hesitate to lend a hand. Amery was taught to love everyone and always act in the ways of her family. This means that she is to always be polite, kind, and respectable. However, if anyone disagrees or taunts Amery, she will not fail to argue her point of view.

Character's ambitions: Amery would like to become an active contributor to the Regalian society. She would one day like to become well known and liked by the community. She would like to be able to host successful parties and gain unbreakable friendships.

Character's backstory: Amery K. Black was born to George and Ada Black in 261 A.C. She was born in the Black family estate in Narlas.

As a child, Amery had a duty to learn from her mother. She was to learn the small things such as sewing on a button to a shirt to the larger more necessary things, such as being a proper lady in society.

As a young adult, Amery was sent to Regalia to join the Regalia’s Society of Noble Women. During this time she spent a lot of time with her family.

Over the years she spent in Regalia she learned to love the city and eventually moved there. She now resides in Regalia at the age of 23, looking for marriage and to become a successful young woman.

Your IGN: Angel1824

Time zone: Mountain Time Zone

Motivation for joining the Black family: I have spoken to Miss_Confined on a few occasions and she is a really lovely person. I have had noble experience in the House Seraphin and aim for better things. After speaking with Miss_Confined and seeing what House Black has to offer, I would like to apply to this family and improve my rp abilities all while being more active in the community.

#158 Angel1824, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  39. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

@Film_Noir Any updates on this?

40. Jacobcraft04

Jacobcraft04 Holy heretic

the most noble and ancient house of black.

• Agree Agree x 1