The Hunter's Gambit

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Maeovika, May 28, 2021.

1. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Hunter’s Gambit is a group formed in the late May of 309AC by the Imperial Mistress of Prowess, Duchess Natharia Mac Conall. Having taken inspiration from Imperial Lord, Tristan Kade’s former Hunting Order. The founding of this order aims to achieve a greater interest in hunting amongst not only the Nobility, but those citizens in good standing with the Imperial Court and Government, as well as those retaining Knight status in the various orders recognized by His Imperial Holiness and the Imperial Court.

The Hunter’s Gambit invites those that meet our criteria to travel across the Archipelago with the Mistress of Prowess to hunt any and all animals and beasts, common or illusive. Experienced hunters and those learned in the ways of combat are desirable and will often find easy entry into the order, though exceptions are obviously made for those willing to learn alongside our experienced members.

Events will be hosted regularly; whether they be formal discussions, votes on hunting locations across the Archipelago or even feasts to make use of the game caught on our hunts. Not only will the order travel, but they will be making use of the Imperial Hunting Trail & Lodge in Regalia, where noble members are welcome to gather and discuss seasonal game, the newest in hunting equipment and more!

[​IMG]

|Organization Hierarchy|

The group will have a standard hierarchy, with the Mistress of Prowess and any future successors leading the group as Founders. The ranking is as followed, with each rank being attainable through activity within the group and displays of honour or competence:

Founder: Duchess Natharia Mac Conall
    The founder of the organisation and the individual held accountable for its activity, the founder is expected to meet with the Master at Arms and the Lodge Consultant in order to prepare for and host hunts across the Archipelago and on the Imperial Hunting Trail in the Holy City.

The Master at Arms:
    This is the right-hand man or woman to the founder of the organization, charged with the protection of inexperienced and upcoming hunters, given the ability to command people in the positions below them. The Master at Arms is also required to train those new to the organization, in order to ensure they can safely and effectively operate in large-scale hunts.

The Lodge Consultant:
    Advisor to the creator and second-in-command, the Lodge Consultant is given the ability to call meetings with the two positions above them to discuss matters of funding and the downfalls of any members failing to meet the criteria required to remain within the organization. They are also expected to meet with any members that wish to bring up any issues that require the Founder’s attention.

The Hunting Elite:
    Hunters and Huntresses who have achieved great feats during hunts across the Archipelago, as well as those who have already attained Knightly status within the Great Oak Order. These hunters are expected to keep a keen eye on new recruits and, although it is not mandatory, they are expected to guide them whilst on larger group hunts.

Huntsmen/Huntresses:
    The members of the Hunter’s Gambit, allowed to attend planned trips out into remote locations within the Archipelago in search of high-quality game or to hunt down dangerous beasts with the help of Elite Hunters & those in the upper echelons of the organization.

[​IMG]

|Attainable Accolades|

Accolades will also be granted monthly to active members of the organization, these accolades will be given to any who exhibit bravery, who retain the highest kill count (barring small game) and those who take down the largest beast or animal.

The Accolade of the Goliath:

A golden medal in the shape of the Imperial Dragon, hung from a purple and gold ribbon.
    -
    Awarded to the hunter that obtains the biggest kill during the monthly hunt.

The Medal of the Merciless:

A silver medal forged in the shape of a burning pine tree, hung from a purple and gold ribbon.
    -
    Awarded to the hunter with the greatest kill count following the monthly hunt.

The Bar of Bravery:

A bronze bar that boasts an engraving of the bow of Leinhart the Thankful: Heron of Hunters.
    -
    Awarded to the hunter who performs with the utmost bravery and honour during the monthly hunt.

[​IMG]

|OOC Information|

Interested in joining? Application below:

IGN:
    Character Name:
    Character Application:
    Discord (To add to the discord I make):
    IC Letter to Duchess Natharia Mac Conall:
    Tag: @Maeovika

Any questions? DM me on Discord: Maeovika#0100

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Maeovika, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

IGN: Vivamente.
    Character Name & Application: Leidolf Viduggla.
    To the Duchess Natharia Mac Conall,

I trust you already have a good understanding of my hunting abilities, though my left hand is still somewhat weaker than it should be. It is only understandable, considering the damage I sustained out on the trail. I am certain you can make good use of me in your newly founded organization, and I look forwards to your response to this short letter.

With Kind Regards,
    Leidolf Viduggla.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

Accepted! Sending the Discord soon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #3 Maeovika, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  4. faelcvns

faelcvns failcvns

IGN: falcvns
    Character Name: Tove Viduggla
    Character Application: she
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): falcvns#9641
    Dear Duchess Natharia Mac Conall,

I am writing to you to express my interest in taking part in your organization. I was delighted to hear of it, for I have had a heavy interest in hunting since my youth, and because of such, I believe I would fit perfectly among other like-minded individuals. I hope this letter finds you well.

-Sincerely, Lady Tove Viduggla.

5. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

#5 Maeovika, May 28, 2021
  6. TheBearistotle

TheBearistotle W O R M

IGN: TheBearistotle
    Character name: Quin Goretaan
    Application: Here
    Discord: TheBearistotle#0101

Any self-respecting hunting party needs Url within it. So, here is a letter from one.

Sincerely, Quin Goretaan.

7. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

Accepted! Sending the Discord soon!

#7 Maeovika, May 29, 2021
  8. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Supremium

IGN: onearmsquid
    Character Name: Elias von Eisner
    Character Application: Click me!
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): onearmsquid#2520

Duchess Mac Conall,

I would be very interested in joining your group of hunters. I look forward to hopefully participating with the rest of the group.

Lord Elias von Eisner

9. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

#9 Maeovika, May 31, 2021
  10. Boss_of_Runes

Boss_of_Runes Lil' Laaady

IGN: Boss_of_Runes
    Character Name: Katarina Litvinova
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/katarina-litvinova.90308/
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): madruny1231#9020
    IC Letter to Duchess Natharia Mac Conall:​
    Duchess Mac Connall,
    I would have great interest in joining this hunting group. Hunting is a passion I'd like to have shared with others much more often, and this seems like a perfect opportunity.

Yours sincerely,
    Lady Katarina Litvinova

11. garlusa

garlusa WHAT THE SCALLOP

IGN: happygalli
    Character Name: Eva Wulfmacht
    Character Application: [x]
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): happygalli#0813

I need to hunt, I find myself getting more homesick by the day and I really just miss the feeling of those clean trails and a group other than my family to partake in a lovely hunt with, I do hope this letter finds you in good health.

Spirit's blessings and good tidings,
    Lady Eva Wulfmacht

12. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

13. MayItSnow

MayItSnow Iced Coffee Addict

IGN: MayItSnow
    Character Name: Bronagh Ní Floinn
    Character Application: here
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): may#6375
    To Duchess Natharia Mac Conall,
    Thank you again for the hospitality and kindness shown to me at the hunt you hosted on behalf of the Alms Ministry. I cannot believe it has been that long since I've enjoyed a good hunt. I'm writing to you, at your suggestion, to join your hunting group. I look forward to hearing from you.

May Uilemháthair watch over you,
    Bronagh Ní Floinn

14. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

15. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

IGN: Kyriosus
    Character Name: Daedrin Saiiel
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/daedrin-saiiel.86587/
    Discord (To add to the discord I make): Kyrios#8428
    I’ve lived in and with forests as long as I can remember. While I’ve always been alone in hunting, I’ve always wondered what kind of experience a group-wide hunt could offer. Why wonder any longer? Count me in.

Daedrin