House Du Brierüst

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by canaaa, Feb 13, 2020.

1. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

╔═════☩══♛══☩═════╗

[​IMG][​IMG]

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝
    [​IMG]

Name : du Brierüst (doo Breh-roost).
    Colors : Burgundy, Black and Grey.
    Culture : Leutz-Vixe.
    Symbols : Elk, roses, thorns, sunrise.
    Religion : Unionist.
    Lordship : Maraisburke, historically.
    Holdings: Currently unlanded.
    Title Level : Currently untitled.
    Main Trades : Liquor, fishing, travel.

Wealth Level : Upper high class.
    [​IMG]

╔═════☩══✦══☩═════╗

Grown and nurtured from New-Regalian and Ithanian sources, House du Brierüst has come to thrive in recent years. The proud du Brierüsts know their history well and pass the story of their founding down at major functions and fireside gatherings.

The tale of the Briar Knight begins with a hedge knight and Bloodcast fellow named Aloys who, upon the eve of a great battle, celebrated far too vigorously and found himself slumbering in a thorny bush. He overslept, missing the battle’s beginning, and hastily charged toward the field with his armor all tangled up with thorns and brambles.

He fought with vigor and courage, cutting a bloody and terrifying swath through the opposing army, and ultimately was victorious along with the army. For the sheer terror he struck into the other soldiers’ hearts and the winning part he played, Aloys was given the Lord’s youngest daughter to marry and the small, boggy castle town of Sumpfort to lord over. He was named ‘Brierüst’, or ‘Briar-armor’ for his deed, and thus began the family’s legacy.

The Barony of Maraisburke was passed from father to son until the ascension of Constanze du Brierüst, which marked a meteoric rise in their political influence and Buck and Bramble Distribution business alike. Following her abdication, her cousin, Leufred du Brierüst, assumed the title of Duke. His tenure proved rocky, though with a solid hold in the Holy City through guard positions. Upon his retirement, the seat of Maraisburke has been taken by Constanze’s sister, Milena du Brierüst. Acting as the second-ever matriarch of the du Brierüst family, she seeks to bring her kin to the forefront - both locally and worldwide.

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If a position you want in the family isn’t marked with a white ‘open’ space, discuss it with me and we can build a character that works for you. Michel and Corinna's children are part of the Mercier line (Ithanian influenced) while Laudus and Valentina's are part of the Velhauz line (New Regalian influenced).
    [​IMG]

╔═════☩══✦══☩═════╗

Physical Traits:
    Varied, due to the intermarriage of outside families rather than within. There is effectively no difference between Velhauz- and Mercier-lined characters besides aesthetics and cultural languages/nuances. Any listed traits other than aesthetics are optional.

Brierüst-Mercier Line: Blonde-haired, generally blue-eyed, though brown eyes have occurred. Taller than average in both genders. Lithe, generally. Weak, though present, disposition towards alcoholism and depression. Ithanian influenced. This line often trends towards the fine arts and social sciences for vocations, though this is not a rule.

Brierüst-Velhauz Line: Black-haired, mostly blue-eyed, though green and brown eyes are common as well. Taller males and average-height women. Lithe, though they build muscle easily. Weak, though present, disposition towards addiction and fanaticism. New Regalian influenced. This line often trends towards militaristic and hard sciences for vocations, though this is not a rule.

Vocations:
    Knighthood, brewing, governance, travel and guiding, linguistics, media, diplomacy, soldiery, admiralty.

Values:
    Honor, chivalry, honesty, fairness, loyalty to one’s own.

Culture:
    Leutz-Vixe, with pronounced influences from both New Regalian and Ithanian cultures. The du Brierüst-Mercier line is generally more Ithanian cultured, and the du Brierüst-Velhauz line is generally more New Regalian cultured, due to intermarriage. While each family line may value things differently, they are still mainly Leutz-Vixe, and hold Leutz cultural values above all others.

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝
    [​IMG]

Constanze du Brierüst - @Finlaggan - A Darkwald Knight who suffered an unfortunate accident that broke her jaw when she was younger. The first female Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire under the second term of Emperor Alexander I, and solely responsible for the quick ascension of the family. Passionate about fine liquor and fine women.

Leufred du Brierüst - @Ferghoul - A legitimized bastard of Helerian origins afflicted with the Witchblood curse. Formerly Commander of the Greywitches and Grand Commander of the Violet Order. Duke of Maraisburke from mid-307 to early 308 AC. Retired to Maraisburke, only to return some months later after revealing his death had been faked by old enemies. Married to Valerie Ravenstad briefly, but following his retirement, the couple divorced. Valerie and their son, Florentin, were adopted by House Howlester.

Milena du Brierüst - @canaaa - A talented, if naive, linguist with a passion for fine arts. Formerly a great deal of things, the most pressing being Baroness of Maraisburke. The youngest of the family, at twenty-three and also the current Matriarch.

Ingrid du Brierüst - @MrsBulldoza - Ingrid is a self-branded "social foot soldier", historian, and functioning alcoholic. She strives to further her family standing but is often hindered by her sympathetic and kindly viewpoints (despite her tendencies for light-hearted mischief). She is often kept from the more unsavory aspects of her family dealings and, unbeknownst to her, her personal life tends to be manipulated by the more strong-willed family members to preserve her 'delicate sensibilities'.

Victoria du Brierüst - @The_Roleplayer - A surprisingly soft-hearted Darkwald knight with a burning passion for seafaring and likewise adventures. She's docked her ship, the Thorn, on the coast of the Holy City and has once more stepped onto the cobblestone streets to seek reunion with her family and learn more about the ever-looming darkness within the Cathedral's ruins.
    [​IMG]

╔═════☩══✦══☩═════╗

House du Brierüst is a fairly open and accepting house. There are, however, some stipulations to joining the family and portraying a du Brierüst.
    1. Act like a noble, ICly and OOCly. Be respectful to others OOCly, and have good conduct. Not adhering to good OOC etiquette can be grounds for ejection from the family.
    2. Please devote at least half of your time to this character. If you don’t feel like you can meet this requirement, talk to me and we’ll work something out.
    3. Make sure you’ve read the Leutz-Vixe cultural page, as well as the du Brierüst wiki page to get a feeling for the House. We’d rather have one person really interested in the concept than six who only vaguely want to do it.
    4. If you act against the House or act in a way that warrants removal from the family, you will be disowned. I will contact you either in the family discord or in PMs beforehand if you’re at risk of this, and we will work out a way for you to stay before any ejection is ever final.
    5. No aberrancy will be allowed. We’d like to push mundane characters for a multitude of reasons, which can be explained in PM. If you want to run a storyline with something, let me know and we can discuss it.
    6. We love knights, but we've got so many Darkwalds! If you want to make a du Brierüst who's a knight, I highly encourage the Lion Pelt or Bloodcast Orders as both are heavily tied to the House's lore.
    7. If you have a problem, please come to me. House du Brierüst is a cooperative house where the members work together for their goals. IC discordance and disagreement are all fine, just come to me beforehand to work out a general plotline for it!
    Should you wish to apply for either a family or staff member, fill out this application in the comments below or in my forum PMs.
    ---
    Family Application

References (optional, though they do greatly improve your chances) :
    IGN :
    Previous Character Applications (optional) :
    Discord :
    Time Zone :
    Activity :
    Strength and weakness :
    Past experiences in nobility, if any :
    Reason for applying :
    Character pitch : Include name, age, family line, character goals/aesthetics, and general personality.
    ( @canaaa )

---
    Staff Application

References (optional) :
    Discord :
    Link to Character App :
    IC Letter to the Matriarch :
    ( @canaaa )

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

The biggest thank-you in the world to the wonderful @Bunemma who helped incredibly with the aesthetics and the writing of this page. <3

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 canaaa, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. canaaa

╔═════☩══♛══☩═════╗

[​IMG]

Applications are currently :

OPEN.

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    #2 canaaa, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

References (optional, though they do greatly improve your chances): Mollymock and other people who did not respond to me in time, but I can get more if you'd like more.
    Previous Character Applications (optional) : Snek Lady, Aster Hallavandeia
    Discord : You have it
    Time Zone : EST
    Activity : When I’m not busy from schoolwork. Like uhhh, 5-8/10, I guess?
    Strength and weakness : My main weakness would have to be that nobility is sorta intimidating, although that should fade with experience. I also struggle sometimes to jump into a conversation if I’m not introduced, although that is improving. As far as strengths, well, I’d like to think my ideas are clear when I’m speaking, and I pride myself on being able to be diplomatic when my character has to.
    Past experiences in nobility, if any : Not nobility, but I was in the short-lived aristocratic House Hartwell.
    Reason for applying : I've wanted to make a noble character for a while now, and I like you and your house!
    Character pitch : Sébastien du Brierüst-Velhauz is a 26(?) year old male with a New Regalian influence. Long black hair, blue eyes, tall-ish. The niche here is a politically conservative (like on that big spreadsheet conservative) lawyer/fencer who likes to hunt sometimes and is also good at cooking. Disclaimer: not an actual Darkwald, he doesn’t hate all abherants… just strongly dislikes most of them. Personality-wise, I’ve taken the Leutz concept of Schwätztnäischt (dislike of small talk) and ran with it, imagining a character that is blunt and straight to the point, and who will tell someone his honest opinion if they ask for it.

All that being said, I’m always open for feedback and am flexible to change basically anything about the character if it doesn’t fit with the family’s current theme. I think if I was to host events or some such, legal/fencing/hunting/cooking lends itself well to all sorts of social situations and events.
    @canaaa

4. canaaa

Congratulations! You've been accepted for a two-week trial. Please check your Discord PMs!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

Previous Character Applications: Aurienne & Ruby.

Discord: Dothenia#1750

Time Zone: CST

Activity: 7/10. I'm currently balancing two characters, so I'll try my best to be active!! I'm really interested in this family.

Strength and weakness: Uhhhh. Honestly my strength is that I'm not afraid to talk to new people, and my weakness is that I'm impulsive in terms of RP. Though I'm working on that weakness with others.

Past experiences in nobility, if any: Got a feel of nobility in House Rote. Though my activity admittedly wasn't the best !

Reason for applying: I feel this family suits my wants, and I'd like to get into a noble family toward people I'd like to get to know on a OOC level and work with them.

Character pitch: Pallas Lorita du Brierust. Late thirties. Brierüst-Velhauz Line. Alchemist, though wants to pursue in combat.
    Her general personality would be... Arrogant & hotheaded, though sticks to things familiar toward her & acts friendly with other nobles to better herself & her family. She's inbetween outgoing & reserved. She's quite in tune with her feelings & she can easily tell when a social situation has gone tense / wrong, she just... Doesn't know what to do about it, so to say.

Appearance wise, black hair, blue eyes, fair skin.

As for her proficiencies, I'd imagine something along the lines of this sheet:
    • +10 Pole Combat -- Invested.
    • +20 Alchemy Sciences -- Invested.
    • +5 Bodycare Training -- Invested.
    • +8 Unionist Sanktist skill -- Invested.
    • +10 Threads Arts -- Hobby.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. canaaa

Congratulations! You've been accepted for a two-week trial. Please check your Discord PMs!

7. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

Discord : Candy_Flipping#3528
    Link to Character App : Cirilla S Privete
    IC Letter to the Margravine :

Margravine of Maraisburke,

Hello, I am writing to enquire about any work in a secretarial, servant or personal assistant position under you or another member of the esteemed House Du Brierüst. I am quick to learn and adapt to the job role and can speak and write good common for your behalf, while also being fluent in Daenroquen. I am open to a physical interview should you wish to accept another worker into your leagues, and I wish for you and your family a blessed week.

8. canaaa

Pending IC interview! Please contact me over Discord to set up a time for us to have a meeting. Thank you for your interest! <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mettappiness

Mettappiness Professional Burrito

References (optional, though they do greatly improve your chances) :
    None confirmed though I'm sure I can find you some if they're needed.

IGN :
    Mettappiness

Previous Character Applications (optional) :

https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/cassandra-kiana-vontah-character-sheet.81046/#post-945759
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/josephora-onyx-dunman.81051/
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sadia-tahani-character-sheet.81857/
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/vaeri-tumir-character-application.81833/

Discord :
    Mettappiness#1137

Time Zone :

EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Activity :

7-8, depending on how much there is to do.

Strength and weakness :

My major weakness is wanting to create many characters and never being satisfied with just one. However, I believe this should be better in the event of a more important character, such as a noble or guard, in which I'll want to spend more time working on their personality and relationships rather than getting bored with them since their existence would be important. My main strength is that I (usually) don't blow up at people, even if I am mad. I think this could help the family due to keeping its reputation, both ICly and OOCly.

Past experiences in nobility, if any :

Not that I know of.

Reason for applying :

Partly because of what I mentioned above but I also really like the idea of incorporating the Leutz-Vixe culture into a noble family. I think the background for the Brierusts is creative and offers a lot in the way of religious activity for the group. Additionally, it would help me move away from my more prototypical characters and instead focus on this one.

Character pitch: Include name, age, family line, proposed niche, and general personality.

Coletta Violle Brierust-Mercier, a twenty-nine-year-old woman, whose physical attributes almost entirely match the norm for the Mercier line. She would be quite blunt and possibly even cold towards those of the lowest class. Towards normal commoners, she held herself with superior influence and grace, though still allowed them the chance to speak. To those of nobility, she was often seen as polite, if not with a hint of passive-aggression. She would have the same amount of romantic interest as an Isldar, though she was suspected to have little interest in men. Coletta did not have frequent drinks like many of her line, though, when she did drink, it was hard for her to stop.

She would be quite religious and disapproved of anyone who would not follow the Unionist fate. Those that were not as obsessed about the Spirit as she may find themselves in a conversation trying to be swayed to be more involved.

For her main career path, she had little to no intention of joining the battle and learning how to fight. Instead, she chose to study diplomacy and linguistics, which allowed her to more successfully achieve the vision of commandment she dreamed of.

( @canaaa )

10. MrsBulldoza

MrsBulldoza

Family Application

References (optional, though they do greatly improve your chances) : I'm new here. I have no references....

IGN : MrsBulldoza

Previous Character Applications (optional) : N/A

Discord : BusyIzzy#0592

Time Zone : Central

Activity : Regularly Active (Usually every night after 8pm central). I have a family so I can only participate after the child is in bed.
    Strength and weakness : My strength is activity. I'm most likely on every night and nine times out of ten, you will be able to get in contact with me pretty quickly via discord. I try to keep up with the things going on around me, but if not, I'm pretty easy to catch up. I'm also very good and maintaining my character. I pride myself in being a reactionary player, meaning no matter what's thrown at me, I will do my very best to remain as IC as possible (even if that could be detrimental to the character in question). My weaknesses are as such: I need reassurance with partners to make sure that my character is on track and I'm not deviating from the main line. I also need things broken down to me Barney Style sometimes, meaning I need the bare basics. Loading too much information on me at once can make me overwhelmed and then you'll have to explain it all over.

Past experiences in nobility, if any : N/A
    Reason for applying : I have an obsession with royalty and nobility. In fact, most of my time is spent listening to documentaries on such things while I go about my business. As such, I'm dying to play nobility. I'm not brave enough to head something so extreme, but being a cog on that wheel is basically a dream.

Character pitch : Ingrid Faraeh Du Brierust Mercier, 24. As mentioned above, I would love my character to be a cog in the Du Brierust Wheel. Motivated by familial loyalty, Ingrid's driving force is the well-being and worldly success of her family name. She is a social foot soldier, not afraid to get her "hands" dirty if it is asked of her in hopes that the family standing will remain intact, or even rise above its already promising stature. Among her family, Ingrid is quiet, a silent support beam of unwavering loyalty. However, in public, Ingrid strives to be a subtle social butterfly, vying for the general affection of those around her in order to keep a wide variety of options-- one never knows when even a lowly barmaid can be useful. She tries not to flaunt her nobility status, but rather, let's it sit comfortably behind her as a sort of gentle reminder that though Ingrid offers you a smile, she has a large backing of money and resources at her disposal and that smile can quickly turn upside down if the need arises.

[​IMG]

11. canaaa

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the pitched character works well with the current family dynamic. This application is currently rejected, but feel free to apply again in the future, though!

12. canaaa

Thread updated with new family members and profiles. Still open for applications!

13. retsag118

retsag118

Family Application

IGN : retsag118
    Previous Character Applications: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/aylathshae-maylor.82861/#post-955780
    Discord : I messaged you on it!
    Time Zone : Central Daylight Time
    Activity : 9/10 (I do online college so I am very frequently on)
    Strength and weakness : My strength comes in while actually playing the character, I am able to react very well and I often remember small details when they come up in rp. I am also not afraid to speak up, I love forging new relationships and I feel like I can really bring characters together. My weaknesses come in with technique, writing life stories is a killer for me, I am also a very unsure person so I tend to second guess myself.
    Past experiences in nobility, if any: I tend to watch the noble rp on the server but very rarely do I interact. I have made products in character for both Jared Kade and Gwenyth Zylmoira recently.
    Reason for applying : I fell in love with the house through seeing its' members rp and then I realized how much I related to it!

Character pitch: Colette Odele Brierüst-Mercier (Means: Victory of the People, and Wealth). Colette is 32 years old, from the Brierüst-Mercier Line, she is known as The Guiding Rose. Colette is known in the family to be a helping hand, she is always there when a family member is in trouble. Her kind and gentle attitude creates an area of peace and comfort amidst hard times and she will always sit down to listen to someone's troubles, she is known to never judge and is often the mediator in conflict. While she is weak in physicality her strength comes with her mind, she listens carefully to what others say and thus is an arsenal of secrets, though she would never use them for harm. She is a sort of hidden healer among the family for she is easily over-looked over by others. Her nickname; The Guiding Rose, comes from the fact she is a very wise family member who helps influence decisions and she can always be seen with a rose (Either in her hair or embroidered on her clothes).

14. canaaa

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. MrBlwe

MrBlwe Refugee

References (optional) :Mollymock, GoodDreamer
    Discord : You’ve got it!
    Link to Character App : Axel
    IC Letter to the Baroness :
    Dear Baroness Du Brierust,

Guten Tag Baroness, first and foremost I offer my gratitude for you consideration of my letter. My name is Ser Axel Louis Weismann, a knight of the lion pelt order. I am currently writing this letter to you for a few reasons, firstly being that I’ve heard many great things of your family from many sources and would be honored to defend them. Secondly after recently arriving in regalia myself, I recently was given the gift of having my own family, while it had its troubles, I am willing to lay down my life for them and I understand how you would want your family to be protected, as an experienced soldier and warrior I’d be able to offer my services in order to keep your family safe. Thank you for reading Baroness, have a wonderful day.
    Sincerely yours, Ser Axel Weismann
    ( @canaaa )

16. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

Staff Application

Discord : Greencolts#5985
    Link to Character App : Link
    IC Letter to the Baroness :

Baroness du Brierüst,

Dia dhuit! I am a man with few talents- being completely honest. However I have seen much of this world. Hailing from my homelands in Ériu-Innis- I've traveled most of the empire, learning trinkets of knowledge and language on my travels. I can hold a sword, heal a wound and speak whatever tongue required. Should you require any of these services- or a man who can tell tales of foreign and strange lands on or beyond the borders of this empire then you need only seek me for an interview.
    Go dtí sin fan slán,
    Antrinn Ó hSealgairínn

( @canaaa )

17. canaaa

Applications are still open!