Archived Fixing Counter Attack Camping

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Counter attack camping: The act of holding your sword and blocking, to not lose pacifist and kill whoever is attacking you without even doing anything.

Counter attacking is a very important part of the sword skill, but honestly, the whole "Counterattack man" thing is just cheap.

My Suggestion: Counter attacks are only executed if the player is pacifist false. This way they are only part of a combat ability, and players cannot just camp and not worry about losing their stuff.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Kinda hypocritcal Illo? I remember you doing this on several occasions.

Kinda hypocritcal Illo? I remember you doing this on several occasions.
Well maybe it's hypocritical and maybe it isn't, but that doesn't matter, because if this is approved he won't get the chance to be a hypocrite.(chuckle) I think that it is a good suggestion, and we should keep any opinions on what certain players do and don't do of out a thread like this because they are irrelevant. The idea should speak for itself, it doesn't matter who proposed it.

Counter attack camping: The act of holding your sword and blocking, to not lose pacifist and kill whoever is attacking you without even doing anything.

Counter attacking is a very important part of the sword skill, but honestly, the whole "Counterattack man" thing is just cheap.

My Suggestion: Counter attacks are only executed if the player is pacifist false. This way they are only part of a combat ability, and players cannot just camp and not worry about losing their stuff.
It's even cheaper when someone runs around killing people by simply having a sword in their hand. They don't even need to swing once.

Not sure if its possible, ill look into the mcmmo source later. Is there a open souce plugin used for pacifist or is that custom?

Instead would it be possible to make it like thorns armor? I mean Thorns armor makes pacifist false.

Instead would it be possible to make it like thorns armor? I mean Thorns armor makes pacifist false.
All damage should have a "damage source", if the damage source is a player it says "player1 was slain by player2". Since counters just say "player2 died" I would assume that no damage source is specified.

When killed by thorns armor it says something specific but I can't remember I'd get someone to test it if I had time.

Cayorion beliefs that you should ask the makers of MCMMO first, if they refuse to cooperate, then we shall review this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.