Archived Dynmap Edit

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrolleyLedPanda

Citizen
Reaction score
Website
minecraft.net
I'd like there to be a command for officers + in a faction to type /dynmap hideland so it reverts the dynmap to look like how it was before people settled in. This way medieval warriors can't use their satellites to locate other people's bases but still find suitable places to settle down. I hate how everybody has access to Google Maps on the server in MEDIEVAL times. For all you people disagreeing, you can go play on a PVP server for all I care.
Suggestions are welcome.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Imsowright Wow someone must be butthurt. Calm down with the language. We can clearly see who is taking the game more seriously. I think it is you who needs to go outside. Go play in a sandpit or something.

EDIT: Oh and if you dont like the server just leave. Not like anyone is asking you to stay.

He just said he liked the server and corrected himself. Are you trying to piss him off?

I was going to say you treat him younger than he seems, but...
I agree with you on this one. He does seem a bit angered...
And worse than me, which you already know breaks the laws of the world...
Cruallassar
TrolledPan1337
Don't get me wrong, but him cursing and calling people a cunt was pretty high a step, knowing this is a Dynmap faced suggestion. Let's try to keep it Dynmap. .___.

I never cursed him. Chronikatr found our town with hardly any effort at all using the dynmap. That's why I wanted it tweaked so you can 'camouflage' your base.

I would go with that...the staff are working on peaceful factions?

Oh are they? Do continue, please.

last i checked, and i have checked multiple times, the staff are making a peaceful faction option... If they do make this then i think many problems will be solved. Ask the staff for more info, and if they say they are NOT planning this... MAKE THEM.

He just said he liked the server and corrected himself. Are you trying to piss him off?

I never cursed him. Chronikatr found our town with hardly any effort at all using the dynmap. That's why I wanted it tweaked so you can 'camouflage' your base.

Oh are they? Do continue, please.
Lol I didnt find you via the dynmap. Your base is way too close to mine which was one of the reasons the war started. It violated the 16 chunk rule.

Snake
TrolledPan1337
Imsowright
Ladies, Ladies, you're all very pretty. .___.
Let's avoid the War flaming, bring it to Convo or something, there is an entire page here that could be suggestions but it ended with arguing, simply move it out or something, I'm not backseat moderating, I'm more of getting annoyed by it cause I keep thinking someone has a good suggestion but it ends being an argument so I come back here for nothing lol

Lol I didnt find you via the dynmap. Your base is way too close to mine which was one of the reasons the war started. It violated the 16 chunk rule.

Okay you slithery snake, I did check on the DynMap, Chronikatr is up at the Northnern Part of New Ceardia, well over 16 chunks away. Our boarders are nowhere near touching. As well Mr Snake, the nearest faction is certainly CrystalEdge, which is HeartAched's faction, not yours.

Snake
TrolledPan1337
Imsowright
Ladies, Ladies, you're all very pretty. .___.
Let's avoid the War flaming, bring it to Convo or something, there is an entire page here that could be suggestions but it ended with arguing, simply move it out or something, I'm not backseat moderating, I'm more of getting annoyed by it cause I keep thinking someone has a good suggestion but it ends being an argument so I come back here for nothing lol
Am I prettay too? :D

Gents, let's keep the thread constructive, shall we?
I'd like there to be a command for officers + in a faction to type /dynmap hideland so it reverts the dynmap to look like how it was before people settled in. This way medieval warriors can't use their satellites to locate other people's bases but still find suitable places to settle down. I hate how everybody has access to Google Maps on the server in MEDIEVAL times. For all you people disagreeing, you can go play on a PVP server for all I care.
Suggestions are welcome.
As much as I'd like my faction to be invisible from the dynmap, I think it would be better to suggest that factions can remain unhighlighted on the dynmap.

Gents, let's keep the thread constructive, shall we?

As much as I'd like my faction to be invisible from the dynmap, I think it would be better to suggest that factions can remain unhighlighted on the dynmap.
That would be something I don't like. That was the case for a while, and I hated it. Being able to know where people are is extremely useful for claiming, allying, etc. And I have never used it for raiding. The only people I care about raiding, I know where they are.

Okay you slithery snake, I did check on the DynMap, Chronikatr is up at the Northnern Part of New Ceardia, well over 16 chunks away. Our boarders are nowhere near touching. As well Mr Snake, the nearest faction is certainly CrystalEdge, which is HeartAched's faction, not yours.
Thats our New Ceardia war base you noob. Look around you on dynmap. Actually find some stuff out before you open that dirty mouth of yours. You know what son? You and me, we are gonna have some fun together.

Thats our New Ceardia war base you noob. Look around you on dynmap. Actually find some stuff out before you open that dirty mouth of yours. You know what son? You and me, we are gonna have some fun together.
Now you are the person who is hate/flaming. You can easily get your point across without calling anyone else such names as noob, or accusing people of ignorance when they have not had the evident reason nor inclination to learn what you obviously think should be common knowledge. Find your own thread, or better yet, private conversation, with which to insult people. Although if you do, my advice to anyone you do so with would be to ignore it as immature, offensive, and frankly, stupid.

Now you are the person who is hate/flaming. You can easily get your point across without calling anyone else such names as noob, or accusing people of ignorance when they have not had the evident reason nor inclination to learn what you obviously think should be common knowledge. Find your own thread, or better yet, private conversation, with which to insult people. Although if you do, my advice to anyone you do so with would be to ignore it as immature, offensive, and frankly, stupid.
I hate it when people who dont know crap act like they know everything and say things to make other people look bad. All the hate here is starting to annoy me and obviously a lot of other people too. Could this thread please be locked or something? Artilles

I hate it when people who dont know crap act like they know everything and say things to make other people look bad. All the hate here is starting to annoy me and obviously a lot of other people too. Could this thread please be locked or something? Artilles
You are the person who has done the most hating thus far. However I agree that this thread should be locked, as its subject has been concluded.

What's

What's your deal now, Snake? I have profoundly and kindly asked within a private message you to leave me alone, I wished to play upon the Massivecraft server without you bothering me anymore. But you keep seeming to want the last word in here, which I could honestly care less about in fact. Snake, if you do not wish to leave me alone (which I know you will war any faction I join now because you want me to leave the one I currently reside in) I will take this to the admins. As well as your new ceardia base, it'a boarders touch beside another faction yet, you seem to find Sicarius to close? Can we please just leave the matter and not continue to have contact with each other?

Snake
Kinda odd how you're asking for it to be locked when so far you haven't been trying very well to stop the argument either...
Eledana
Yis, you are prettay, too.

On all of topic, I think it was the good idea of TrolledPan1337 to bring this up here, or at least go somewhat with what he asked for, and hide the highlights on where land is, all that stoof. It could assist a bit more, because you would never know whose base is whose or which one is abandoned, all of that. Although satellites would be cool in medieval times, it honestly doesn't seem to work all well with lore/rp, and not many people bother to at least try to make it that way, like jla129 said he followed someone through the woods, it took 2 seconds to say but people never do, they 'stumble' on their 'raid' of a 'surprisingly inhabited' city.

last i checked, and i have checked multiple times, the staff are making a peaceful faction option... If they do make this then i think many problems will be solved. Ask the staff for more info, and if they say they are NOT planning this... MAKE THEM.

Hell I might actually be able to go to other factions and role play with them depending on the way they do this!!!!

It's as childish as saying you have a powerful mage who owes you a bunch of favors. Also, I said there would be a command that hides your base on the dynmap and makes it look like natural land as long as it's in your claimed territory. I never said to remove dynmap, I wanted it to be tweaked (Note the thread title) so people can't see or find your base if you don't want them to.
Honestly, I think you need to take caution of how you talk to people, in your original post, you said we are allowed to suggest and provide our opinions, but when people say something you disagree with, you start to condemn him. Also, you may all me biased as Snake is my ally, but he said he didn't demand 560s he demanded a little money, instead of just accepting the lower price, you start to elevate the conversation.

Imsowright Wow someone must be butthurt. Calm down with the language. We can clearly see who is taking the game more seriously. I think it is you who needs to go outside. Go play in a sandpit or something.

EDIT: Oh and if you dont like the server just leave. Not like anyone is asking you to stay.
I couldn't find the butthurt rating :/

Some nations are strong, some are weak. The weak parish like dust in the wind.

First of all, just no. Hidden factions would just make everything even more messy. And peaceful faction? No, how realistic is this? There has always been wars over power, that obviously the same case here. We fight for power, the weak dies. I this case you have 3 options; die, surrender or get help. Good luck and all!

First of all, just no. Hidden factions would just make everything even more messy. And peaceful faction? No, how realistic is this? There has always been wars over power, that obviously the same case here. We fight for power, the weak dies. I this case you have 3 options; die, surrender or get help. Good luck and all!

Although I don't like it, it is quite true. I'd suppose that constant surrendering couldn't be used too much, however.

yea that is really fun, dying. over, and over, and OVER. when you just want a good role-play that isn't interrupted by idiots in god armor challenging you to pvp over a role-play matter. Just let the peaceful factions exist, they won't fight for power and thus won't be a problem.

if peaceful factions aren't created people will just constantly surrender and eventually all that will be left are three factions fighting over stupid reasons with everyone in them and all other factions being extorted for silver then left to rot. As for how realistic? try those neutral factions/nations that have been found throughput our history, or think about the fact that this is minecraft in a fantasy role-play... Nothing is realistic...

in conclusion there is so much more benefit to having peaceful factions then one silly reason not to have them "is not realistic" is honestly a REALLY bad argument over a fantasy game when saying "is not realistic". I could go into more detail behind what i believe are your motivations but lets leave it at this: the server needs peaceful factions and your argument against it is both weak and nonsensical.

Honestly, I think you need to take caution of how you talk to people, in your original post, you said we are allowed to suggest and provide our opinions, but when people say something you disagree with, you start to condemn him. Also, you may all me biased as Snake is my ally, but he said he didn't demand 560s he demanded a little money, instead of just accepting the lower price, you start to elevate the conversation.

I said to suggest, not to instantly mark it off as a bad idea. Also, he wanted 530 silver. So no, not a little money. I would like you to express your opinions and suggestions, but I will prove them wrong. Seeing as 3 people have said, "Just use /dynmap hide" Even though I said I wanted to hide my base. Snake at first wanted 200 silver, then a month later he wanted 530 silver. I never "condemned" their suggestions, instead I expressed MY opinion on THEIR suggestion. If anybody condemned somebody they disagreed with it would be Snake in the second post.

yea that is really fun, dying. over, and over, and OVER. when you just want a good role-play that isn't interrupted by idiots in god armor challenging you to pvp over a role-play matter. Just let the peaceful factions exist, they won't fight for power and thus won't be a problem.

if peaceful factions aren't created people will just constantly surrender and eventually all that will be left are three factions fighting over stupid reasons with everyone in them and all other factions being extorted for silver then left to rot. As for how realistic? try those neutral factions/nations that have been found throughput our history, or think about the fact that this is minecraft in a fantasy role-play... Nothing is realistic...

in conclusion there is so much more benefit to having peaceful factions then one silly reason not to have them "is not realistic" is honestly a REALLY bad argument over a fantasy game when saying "is not realistic". I could go into more detail behind what i believe are your motivations but lets leave it at this: the server needs peaceful factions and your argument against it is both weak and nonsensical.

If peaceful factions are to be inplemented, it has to be on a separated server since it does not belong here. It could be a hybrid non realistic shit server. I'm pretty sure it would be abused aswell. I just hate that idea, it would ruin so much and most important of all it's not realistic. I see no rp reason at all how a faction could be immune to war. However, if this is to be inplemented I shall gladly leave this server. I think massive is heading in the wrong direction, there so much more that could be improved instead of this.

If peaceful factions are to be inplemented, it has to be on a separated server since it does not belong here. It could be a hybrid non realistic shit server. I'm pretty sure it would be abused aswell. I just hate that idea, it would ruin so much and most important of all it's not realistic. I see no rp reason at all how a faction could be immune to war. However, if this is to be inplemented I shall gladly leave this server. I think massive is heading in the wrong direction, there so much more that could be improved instead of this.
You realize that nearly everyone in any faction not a superpower, and many that are, would and does disagree on that. Yes, no nation is immune to war. However, not every nation in the world had a war in their lifetime. If a nation just had a nice peaceful reign, then sure it would be role-play. And yes, the feature itself could be abused, but not if a few basic feature were implemented to prevent it. Such as, you can not become peaceful if one of your members has hurt another player within the past 3 days. You cannot become peaceful, then non peaceful, or visa-versa within 3 days. These two basic precautions would take care of most abusement.

I read the first 10 or so posts, skimmed the rest of the first page, then made this post... don't judge me.

I think that this idea has valid backing - I don't know HOW McMuffin55 found my only 2 days old town of Docktown, but he not only found it he showed up WHILE I WAS THERE (and how would he know this, eh?) for the sole purpose of making his demands against my faction. He didn't send a mail "Hey, when you're available next can you meet me in Regalia?", no, he showed up at my town that, by all forms of logic, very few people should have known about. I traveled by boat most of the way, so no tracks, and I only told my faction about it, so no way for him to know (trust me, not one member of my faction would talk to him). So how did he get there? By using the magical skymap of course. Even though he's a pirate, and shouldn't be welcome in Regalia. Logic!

However, the people against it have equal backing - I don't want to count the number of people who settled too close to another faction while the dynmap wasn't able to show them. So if they could 'hide' on the dynmap they would face that same problem of people too close to their base. So unless the base limits are removed the dynmap has to show faction locations. But naturally, there is no valid lore behind this, and I guilty myself of using this to locate factions I needed to get to for... various reasons.

There really isn't a workable solution, in all honesty, because of the fact that people NEED to be able to find other factions and thus not claim too close to them. However, so long as the ability to see where factions are located instantly is on the dynmap, there will be people who can't roleplay and just want to kill who abuse this ability for their own destructive purposes. It's not logically possible to stop them, but you can't cripple the server by removing factions from the map. No solution is possible.

I said to suggest, not to instantly mark it off as a bad idea. Also, he wanted 530 silver. So no, not a little money. I would like you to express your opinions and suggestions, but I will prove them wrong. Seeing as 3 people have said, "Just use /dynmap hide" Even though I said I wanted to hide my base. Snake at first wanted 200 silver, then a month later he wanted 530 silver. I never "condemned" their suggestions, instead I expressed MY opinion on THEIR suggestion. If anybody condemned somebody they disagreed with it would be Snake in the second post.
Oh the hypocrisy... is that why sollomon surrendered to me for 300s? We havent even been in war for a month you stu.... actually from now on im ignoring this thread. Its starting to really piss me off.

Oh the hypocrisy... is that why sollomon surrendered to me for 300s? We havent even been in war for a month you stu.... actually from now on im ignoring this thread. Its starting to really piss me off.

Hypocrisy? I would like a insightful response as to how it was so hypocritical.

Hypocrisy? I would like a insightful response as to how it was so hypocritical.

you know what how about you don't ignore this thread... and post something about Dynmap! i already came up with a good solution how about you make a better solution instead of whining. >.<

People need to learn that this server is not roleplay only, deal with it, and learn to defend yourself, whether it be hiding in a cave or firing cannons. Just because you get raided doesn't mean that a key server feature for pvp should be taken away. The PvP aspect is just as important as the roleplay aspect and both need to maintain a balance to keep the server running. (assuming the reason you wrote this was because you got raided)

People need to learn that this server is not roleplay only, deal with it, and learn to defend yourself, whether it be hiding in a cave or firing cannons. Just because you get raided doesn't mean that a key server feature for pvp should be taken away. The PvP aspect is just as important as the roleplay aspect and both need to maintain a balance to keep the server running. (assuming the reason you wrote this was because you got raided)

i REALLY wish you were wrong about that.. but sadly, yes pvp is a important part of massive craft -sighs-

However your comment does nothing and is about pvp as a whole, this thread is about how dynmap is both unfair and not rp accurate, as much as pvp is important so is role play, and satellites do not a medieval rp make. I vote we get peaceful factions implemented asap and then let people who want to have wars fight. Just because pvp is important and can't be removed does not mean we all have to be forced to enjoy/suck at pvp... because god knows i am horrible at pvp and i can't stand raids when everyone is running around in enchanted god diamond armor and my limit is iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.