Archived Armor Weight

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyndo

Scottish Egg
Reaction score
*Wears Leather armour, runs fast*
*Wears GOLD armour... still runs fast?*

I would love to see a server that done something different than this!
I want to have fights where you don't just stick on your Dia god armour and sprint faster than the horses that roam the land.

What I'm thinking is perhaps a constant, but very slight, slowness on all heavy armour, or/and a slight speed up on lighter armours. If you get what I mean.

I'm not going to go too much in-depth to this idea right now because I can't be bothered in all honest, but I've been meaning to put a suggestion like this out for a while, and just thought I'd quickly throw it out there and take some negative ratings and hateful comments from people saying I should've kept my opinions to my self... I mean, they'd be right but it still hurts you know? ;-;

[Edit]
For the love of god, if you're going to be a drone and leave a "Disagree", at least tell me why you're disagreeing.
I've got nothing against opinions, I'd just prefer if you Actually Stated it. Instead of just clicking a button and running away. It's like saying "I don't like this, but instead of putting forward constructive criticism, I'll just say it's bad, and nothing more."

+No offense to anyone intended

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So now you're butthurt over the fact that I said people in today's society weren't fit like they were before?

No, I dislike your use of ratings as I have said nothing offensive. I will leave the forum staff to judge what is and is not abuse.

Please stop the arguing, I'm sure Imboring will get around to dealing with this when he has access to the forums. As for the 45 lbs misconception, I've provided two good sources that prove that claim false, so I don't see why the argument needs to continue

I am not joking around now. There will be serious consequences if the flaming continues. Please, if somebody argues against you in an offensive manner, don't respond. Use the "Report" button or send a conversation to one of the forum staff and we will get around to dealing with it. If you retaliate, and the person who you retaliated against gets punished, you will be punished just as severely for your actions.

I disagree with this, for two simple reasons,
1: If a person saying wheres diamond Armour they can easily change to a faster Armour.
2: Saying this was implemented would have to follow the laws of gravity. Saying this the amount Armour that is made in mine craft weighs more then a human could carry and would put on an extreme amount of slowness.

*Wears Leather armour, runs fast*
*Wears GOLD armour... still runs fast?*

I would love to see a server that done something different than this!
I want to have fights where you don't just stick on your Dia god armour and sprint faster than the horses that roam the land.

What I'm thinking is perhaps a constant, but very slight, slowness on all heavy armour, or/and a slight speed up on lighter armours. If you get what I mean.

I'm not going to go too much in-depth to this idea right now because I can't be bothered in all honest, but I've been meaning to put a suggestion like this out for a while, and just thought I'd quickly throw it out there and take some negative ratings and hateful comments from people saying I should've kept my opinions to my self... I mean, they'd be right but it still hurts you know? ;-;

[Edit]
For the love of god, if you're going to be a drone and leave a "Disagree", at least tell me why you're disagreeing.
I've got nothing against opinions, I'd just prefer if you Actually Stated it. Instead of just clicking a button and running away. It's like saying "I don't like this, but instead of putting forward constructive criticism, I'll just say it's bad, and nothing more."

+No offense to anyone intended

is not a bad idea,me too i was thinking in a similar idea time ago.

My idea was this.

In minecraft when you sprint you upper your speed 30%.
Mi first change is iron armour have the same defense than diamond armour.
Second:Like you ,depending the amour,your speed will be reduced.

Iron armour: -20 % speed
Diamond&chamail armour: -10 %
Gold armour:-5%
leather armour: -0%

add new race skills:
Dwarf:
short-legged :speed lowerd 5%
Mule:Ingnores armour weight

Elve:
light feet:when runs,speed upper 40% instead of 30%.Dont available when wearing any tipe of armours,except leather armour.

Porpuri or mixed armour:the calculate of speed reduction should be like this.

(type of armour % reduce speed )/ 22 * Part of the armour.

Part of the armour:
8 chesplate
7 jeans
2 boots
5 helmet

example. ironchesplate will reduce:

30/22*8=10,9 %

I don't disagree, but I don't agree either. I understand your thinking but when people put on armor, it didn't slow them down, it just fatigued them faster. Also, this idea could turn into something better, say players would make more noise when walking with different variants of armor, or certain armor would allow you to upgrade certain mcmmi skill faster, such as acrobatics. This could also effect different races as in elves not being as accurate with bows while wearing iron armor due to the larger metal shoulder pieces as opposed to leather armor not having them. This idea needs some work, but has great potential. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.