♖ The Storm Sentinels | Guard Charter ♖

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Winterless, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Artist's depiction of a Sentinel on duty (308 AC)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Storm Sentinels were founded after the disbanding of the Violet Order, under instruction from Ser William Arnyn, the once Commander of the Vigilant Shield in the early months of 308 AC. The namesake was taken from William's history under House Stormheart of Belegost, as a homage to his home and the people he used to lead. With a shift from the Vigilant Shield in name and uniform came a shift in ideology alongside, with more importance placed on protecting all people of the city, as opposed to the noble emphasis of days past. Much of their training is centred on patrolling and sentry duty, with a moral code expected from its members that rises above that of other charters. Indeed, the most valued quality of a Sentinel guardsman is that of morality and good heart. Skill with a blade may be taught, and the laws may be learned, but to be good of heart is a lifelong commitment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This charter maintains much of the rights that Violet charters of old had been entrusted with, however with expansion in a few choice areas. A strict code of honour and morality is upheld above all of these charter rights, with abuse of the rights granted to the Storm Sentinels leaving the offender liable to dishonourable discharge. Any race or gender are welcome within the Sentinels.

The Storm Sentinels
    Commanded by William Arnyn
    • The right to arrest individuals in breach of Regalian Law while in Uniform
    • The right to arrest and interrogate suspected criminals of violating State Law
    • The right to utilise plate armour while on duty
    • The right to utilise weapons while on duty and use non-concealed carry
    • The right to imprison those in breach of Regalian Law in Greygate Prison
    • The right to force curing on individuals with Werebeast and Sanguine afflictions
    • The right to guard public events
    • Right to force evict non-government/non-noble/non-religious buildings as forward bases and temporarily evict their owners/habitants for the duration of its use as forward base.
    • Right to commute convicted but not yet punished criminals to crowd justice in front of the tavern.
    • Right to use Artifacts if those artifacts are universally approved by all other Chapter Commanders as "not being of any conflicting nature or offending themes to Regalia's righteous Unionist and Autocratic Government" following a personal display.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Storm Sentinels utilise Discord to stay in contact. We track arrests, warrants, and incident reports through there. Recruits to the Storm Sentinels are expected to have a good OOC record, with instances of RP rule breaking being minimal, or non-existent. All Sentinels are expected to wear armour whilst on duty. Enforcing the law without it is grounds for punishment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Applying to the Storm Sentinels requires the following format, as well as an in-character letter written in response to this thread. There is a one month waiting period between rejections.

IGN:
    Character Name:
    Character Age:
    Character Race:
    Character Gender:
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill:
    Link to Character app (If applicable):
    In Character Letter to Commander William Arnyn:

• Powerful Powerful x 14
    #1 Winterless, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Winterless

3. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

4. Ndfeb

Ndfeb CEO of Lyrah

@Jalapeno690 sorry can't leave the house without my mending armor

5. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

IGN: MDJayy
    Character Name: Melvin Dean Jacquemin
    Character Age: 19
    Character Race: White and right
    Character Gender: nonbinary
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: 12cpshitboxes8
    In Character Letter to Commander William Arnyn: Thou shall be my commander in thy days to come, for Regalia!

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Osowiec

Osowiec A ragged wanderer.

IGN: Osowiec
    Character Name: Bel-Gyarbrin Tibaerthus
    Character Age: 76
    Character Race: Altalar
    Character Gender: Male
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: War Hero, Mage, Skilled Combatant
    Link to Character app (If applicable): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/bel-gyarbrin-tibaerthus.75904/

Dear, William Arnyn

I see you're leading a force within this city. I have little care or consideration for being led by anyone less than someone who's clearly proven their prowess as a commander and a man of honor. I thus write this letter to inform you of my request to join in the ranks of the "Storm Sentinels." I'm sure you're aware of my abilities and combat record already, and hope that they serve you well.

Regards, Bel-Gyarbrin Tibaerthus

7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

IGN: Bwmwags3
    Character Name: James Treji Larkson (The Pagan)
    Character Age: 26
    Character Race: Url (formerly Ailor)
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: 11 baldes, Hunted/studied sanguine and Were-beast for a decade (shatterology/sanguineology), Url racial abilities (when re-review is approved), and 8th prof Pagan Ritualist
    Link to Character app (If applicable): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/james-treji-larkson-the-pagan.81373/

Dear Commander Arnyn,
    You've know me for a short while Commander and I hope you might accept me based on my skills, but I'd like to begin by listing the prominent reason for my Application. I've become a Url and if I wish to retain all rights afforded to me by the State, I must be accepted into service somewhere so I've chosen the sentinels. Know that this is not the only reason, I've seen your work Commander Arnyn you act with a decisive tact which I believe would be most beneficial to be commanded by. I have also dedicated my life, religiously and otherwise, to the curing of threats such as Sanguine and Were-beast which have often terrorized the citizens of the Empire. I've left behind some of my more brash and arrogant qualities with the transformation, and have gained a hope to put my varied skills to service serving as a servant of the Law. I hope to make use of my ritual arts (with the permission of the charter of course) as well as my new found strength to better serve this new position and my new place among Regalian society. May what ever you believe in keep you Commander, I hope to soon join this charter when it is approved.
    Sincerely,
    James Larkson​

8. Winterless

Dear Bel,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. You have been a stalwart guardian of the Avalorns, the Institute, and your gardens. Your skills will be put to good use in defence of the city.

I hope this finds you well,
    William Arnyn
    Commander of the Storm Sentinels
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Winterless

To Mr Larkson,
    You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. We are in need of those who can cure Sanguine and Werebeasts, and so your skills will be put to good use. I hope I am able to assist you wherever I can in finding your new place in the city.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

10. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

IGN: ColinRedstone
    Character Name: Ailwin Kudaglel
    Character Age: 24
    Character Race: Altalar
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +25 Unarmed

Dear Mr. Arnyn,
    I believe we have met before, as I work in the Nook. I do not want to permanently join your charter, but only briefly enough to help against the Clicker threat. I’ve been here only five years, but I don’t want to stand by when they I care about are in danger. I am trained in the art of unarmed combat. I hope that I can join because I want to protect my friends and allies.

Sincerely,
    Ailwin Kudaglel

11. Winterless

To Mr Kudaglel,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. Your time in this charter will be put to good use in defending the city against these demons.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

12. SouthernAmity

SouthernAmity dumb blonde

Character Name: Malte Wulfson av Fristadvlom
    Character Age: Twenty-Six
    Character Race: Ailor - Velheimer
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: Skagger ​
    Link to Character app: Application

Commander William Arnyn,
    I am a recent arrival to Regalia, though I have not failed to hear the hard times the Holy City is going through. Although I am a Skagger, I hope that you will be able to find use for my skills and knowledge. It would be an honor to serve Regalia as a part of your Charter; furthermore, to have you as a Commander. May the days ahead be in your favor,

Spirit Bless,
    Malte Wulfson av Fristadvlom

13. Winterless

To Ser Fristadvlom,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. It would be much the honour to have a Skagger in our ranks.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

(Discord is Vyze#0153, add me and I'll add you to the discord)

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

IGN: MrNoot1
    Character Name: Zain Davenport
    Character Age: 32
    Character Race: Imperial Alior
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +25 Magical Knowledge, 3 Elemental Sorcery Spells (Elemental Orb, Elemental Influence, and Primal Design
    Link to Character app (If applicable): Here!

To Commander William Arnyn,

After some experiences with the Marienritter Order, I have learned that my knowledge of the Arcane is not being put to the good use that it should be. I thought that by joining the Order, I would be able to assist good warriors in their quest. However, I know I was wrong. I want to atone for the horrible acts that I put upon the citizens of this city by putting my knowledge to a better use. I believe that place is here within your Order. I want to prove to myself and to the city that I am not a horrible person. To have even a thought of forgiveness, would be a blessing. However, it will be a hard path, but I'm willing to accept all the pain that must come with that path for it to become true.

Spirit's Blessings
    Zain Davenport

15. Winterless

To Mr Davenport,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. Your magical knowledge will be extremely useful in serving the city.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. leichendame

leichendame Regalian Pioneer

IGN: sadgalli
    Character Name: Maedhros Ilaurëa
    Character Age: 56
    Character Race: Fin'ullen Altalar
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +15 staves, +5 unarmed
    Link to Character app (If applicable): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/maedhros-ilaurëa.82533/
    I find myself in a new land that seems to be under threat by forces I do not understand. I still wish to help, however. I have years of experience working as a mercenary, protecting caravans and such things. I've found a cause here in the city, to help these people, and I also need a job, which is why I seek employment with your Storm Sentinels.
    Sincerely,
    Maedhros Ilaurëa

17. Winterless

To Mister Maedhros,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. Your years of experience as a mercenary will no doubt prove useful against these forces.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

18. Mr_PotatoMan

Mr_PotatoMan Conqueror of Potato Farms

IGN: Mr_PotatoMan
    Character Name: Nicholas Patrova
    Character Age: 29
    Character Race: Ithanian Ailor
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +15 Blades, +5 Medical Sciences (+10 Athletic)
    Link to Character app (If applicable): Here

I recently arrived in Regalia but have seen every instance of destruction caused by Clickers. I've been Regalia for nearly a month and each week there seems to be a new threat or attack. I do not wish to stand by and watch more people get injured or worse. Although I don't have much combat experience, I believe my skills will be able to assist with future attacks and threats. My main goal is to help whoever needs help, and with recent events, I believe people need aid now more than ever.

Sincerely,
    Nicholas Patrova

• Winner Winner x 1
    #18 Mr_PotatoMan, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  19. Winterless

To Mr Patrova,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. I am sure your knowledge and skill will be put to good use within the Charter, and that you will be invaluable in the fight against the Clickers.

William Arnyn,
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

(Add me on discord and i'll add you to the server, it's Vyze#0153)

20. kampferin

kampferin Refugee

IGN: CanadianNugget
    Character Name: Akirah Bilal
    Character Age: 25
    Character Race: Qadir
    Character Gender: Female
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +15 Unarmed (+5 Athletic training)
    Link to Character app (If applicable): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/akirah-bilal.81527/#post-948053
    To, William Arnyn, or whoever may receive this, my name is Akirah Bilal. I heard of your charter through my lovely friend, Palina Patrova. I'm sending this in interest of joining the Storm Sentinals and hopefully being of use towards those I might work with. I might not have that much skill in the use of weaponry, but I am learning, and have practiced with my fists throughout my life.
    Signed,
    Yours truly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

IGN: NathanSandwiches
    Character Name: Theopold Kreiburg
    Character Age: 25
    Character Race: Genevaud Ailor
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: +15 Pole Combat +6 Squad Tactic
    Link to Character app (If applicable): WIP
    "Commander William Arnyn,

Greetings! I wrote to you before to receive permits for my Family's Company known as the Kreiguard Battalion. As it happens, mercenary work isn't my strong point though and I'd much rather prefer Law Enforcement, having given my cousin the reigns of the Mercenary group, allowing him to lead it in full. I trained as a Lancyon at Basta and consider myself able to handle well with pole weapons. While there, I learned some notable leadership techniques that I hope will help me in serving under yourself. Aside from this, I know how to follow too, since my first years at Basta were training me to be a personal bodyguard and a good listener. If you'll have me, I look forward to aiding the City in her endeavors, and working to help uphold the law here at on the Crown Isle.

Spirit's deliverance,
    Theopold Kreiburg."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #21 Nathan, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  22. Winterless

*To Mr Kreiburg,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. I hope you find law enforcement more preferable than that of your mercenary past.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast*

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Winterless

To Miss Bilal,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. I hope you find the work alongside Palina productive and enjoyable.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

(Add me on Discord - it's Vyze#0153)

24. LotusTwist

LotusTwist Refugee

IGN: Malir_Bromtor
    Character Name: Pankraz Q. Castion
    Character Age:58
    Character Race:Ailor/Etossian
    Character Gender:Male
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill:Skilled combatant with any pole like weapon as well as a decent proficiency with shields, has learned a few lightness and a few order sorcery spells. Is also a sankist ritualist.
    Link to Character app (If applicable): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/pankraz-quincy-castion.82476/#post-953480
    I would be interested in joining the Storm Sentinels to aid in routine patrolling, as well as to hopefully be an asset against the Clickers. I have lived a long life filled with adventure and finally found something I want to protect with what life I have left in me. I have combat experience with the spear and shield, as well as some experience with Order and Lightness Sorcery, and finally I am a devout Unionist who has learned the ways of Sankist Ritualism. I would be very gracious if you considered me for your charter as I think I may be capable of having some use for you.

From,
    Pankraz Q. Castion

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. litlirefur

litlirefur Lil Terror

IGN: litlirefur
    Character Name: Valkyra Solveig
    Character Age: 63 (24 for Ailor years)
    Character Race: Isldar-Velhiem Ailor
    Character Gender: Female
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill: Valkyra grew up in a wealthy hunting household on Trollar, responsible for protecting Nobles and Royalty from Troll or Ogre attacks. She is skilled with a bow, daggers, and extremely skilled with a quarterstaff. She is also beginning in elemental sorcery, with a specialty in Storm and Ice Sorcery (upon character app approval)
    Link to Character app (If applicable): In the Works.

Commander William Arnyn,
    In the relatively short time I've spent here in the Crown Isles, no charter has struck me quite like yours has. I would like to contribute to the honor and justice your guardsmen and women uphold and create safety and peace for all Regalians. While I am lacking in ability with heavier weapons, my skill with bows, daggers, and specifically the quarterstaff should show to be excellent additions to the elite warriors under your command. More importantly, my ability to communicate with and provide reason to the common folk of Regalia is one of my best assets. Please take this application into consideration.

Signed, Valkyra Solveig

(the letter would be written out in a peculiar font, and would smell lightly of sea air and pine)

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  26. Winterless

To Miss Valkyra,

You are accepted into the Storm Sentinels. I am sure you will help us maintain peace and safety.

William Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast

(Add me on Discord, it's Vyze#0135)

27. BluKnight10

BluKnight10 Refugee

IGN:BluKnight10
    Character Name:Yueliang Hou
    Character Age:23
    Character Race:Sihai
    Character Gender:Male
    Character's Experience or Martial Skill:+8 Eastern Martial Combat Skill, +5 Eastern Unarmed Combat Skill, +4 Magical Knowledge Sanguinology, +4 Magical Knowledge Racialism
    Link to Character app (If applicable):https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/yue-liang-hou.83137/
    To Commander William Aryn,
    I am rather new and inexperienced, I am not going to lie. However, give me time and training, I am sure I will become a good guard. One that is for the people. One that protects the innocent. One that sticks to their code. Give me time, and I am sure I'll do a good job.I can learn quickly and I am a decent fighter, skilled with a blade and empty handed. It has been a dream of mine to join a guard charter and protect and serve the people of Regalia. Just give me an oppurtunity to do so. I thank you for taking the time to read this letter and await your response.
    Sincerly,
    Yueliang Hou

#27 BluKnight10, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  28. litlirefur

litlirefur Lil Terror

H
    Hey! Your Discord isn't working for me. Try mine at litlirefur#0306