The Derna Garda Hunter's Guild - Re-established And Revived!

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Antimreoir, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

deran.png
    Aesthetic Music

aesthetics.jpg

td1.jpg
    A Brief History
    The Derna Garda Hunter's Guild is an organisation that seeks to bring together those who occupy themselves with hunting the beasts of the wilderness, or those who desire to learn the craft. Headed by Urddfeistr and Great Oak Knight, Maridenne Morgann, the Guild seeks to bring together hunters and gatherers of all calibres under one roof to provide a base from which they can develop their crafts.

Previously established in 307AC as a Guild primarily for soldiers, the time of war in the West has come to pass, and developments within the city have given rise to a plethora of other skills required to make more productive individuals or individuals who are seeking to learn a new craft. The Guild holds it's doors open to all registered citizens of the Empire hosting a moderately clean legal record, and tentatively welcome those who wish to seek out a clean slate.

Those who wish to join the Guild should seek to meet Maridenne Morgann in the city, or at her Guildhouse (left of /tp festivalgrounds) for a meeting, to discuss current ability and desire to join the Guild.
    Just shoot me a Discord DM @Summermore#3197 with the attached template, or giving me a good time for a meeting. I'd prefer IC meetings.

td2.jpg

Guild Ranking
    Within the Guild a ranking system is in place that judges a hunter purely on martial skill and merit, judging one through their participation in spars, tournaments and internal affairs. Particular members are exempt from such ranking based upon their external merits, such as Guard Commanders. Merit is also granted upon completion of particular tasks for The Red Block Company.

Urddfeistr
    The Urddfeistr of the Derna Garda are the Guildmasters, they stand at the head of Guild affairs, oversee the Guildhouse and general book-keeping.
    This position is held by and locked to Maridenne Morgann, William Arnyn and Einherjar Boveen.
    @Summermore @Winterless @bahmGe

Pencampwyr
    The Pencampwyr of the Derna Garda are dubbed as the Champions in the common tongue, they are the most proven in the eyes of the Guildmaster for their frequent engagement in Guild affairs, alongside their proven martial and hunting capabilities. The teachers of the Guild are frequently of this rank. They are also tasked with leading Guild missions when working for the Red Block Trading Company.
    This position can be held by a limitless number of Individuals, but maintaining this rank requires frequent participation in Guild functions and discussion with the Urddfeistr.

Marchog
    The Marchog of the Derna Garda are those that have proven themselves capable in combat, but don't take part in Guild affairs to the frequency endeavoured by the Pencampwyr.
    Similar to the Pencampwyr, there can technically be a limitless number of Marchog.

Milwyr
    The Milwyr of the Derna Garda are the general populace of the Guild, newer members and those with fairly average records fill this rank, an honourable rank to possess.

Myfyriwr
    The Myfyriwr are the student fighters of the Derna Garda, those looking to become more capable with a new weapon, as well as those picking up arms for the first time fill this rank. They are taught by the Pencampwyr and the Urddfeistr personally in most occasions.

td1.jpg
    OOC Details
    The Derna Garda is something of a Hunter's Guild that seeks to provide a quieter and more methodical style of Hunting Event, with weekend-long events and hunting festivals that take place outside of Regalia in it's wilderness. We will also host frequent sparring and smaller hunts to keep those skills sharp! Hunting Proficiency is highly advised to progress within the Guild, but accommodations will be made for those without, just be advised that you won't fare as well without it.

Application Details
    Username:
    Character Name:
    Character Application:
    Preferred Weapon:
    IC Letter to Maridenne Morgann:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    #1 Antimreoir, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Application Details
    Username:
    Winterless
    Character Name: William Arnyn
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/william-arnyn.65458/
    Preferred Weapon: Bastard Sword
    IC Letter to Marissa Morgann:
    Hello, Marissa.

I heard you were forming a guild of sorts, for us Breizh in the city. Seems such a thing is sorely needed, given how there are so few of us, and so spread out in the capital. I'd like to join, and help in any way I can.

William Arnyn,
    The Storm Knight.

(The letter would be sealed with a white lightning bolt.)

3. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

Username: The73rdNerd
    Character Name: Adélaïde of Grishougue
    Character Application: Here
    Preferred Weapon: Arming Sword
    Dear Marissa,

I am delighted to hear that you are forming a group for the Breizh of the city. Having only moved to the Holy City fairly recently, I believe that joining a guild with my fellow Breizh will help me to better adjust into the city. I’d love to join, and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
    Adélaïde Rénâire of Grishougue.

4. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Addressed to William Arnyn,
    I'll happily welcome you to our budding group of sword-enthusiasts, welcome!

Marissa Morgann.
    Adelaide of Grishogue,
    Warmest welcomes to the city, Kinswoman! And welcome to our merry band of blade-lovers. Meet with me at your earliest convenience!

Marissa Morgann.
    @RejectedNerd74 Shoot me a DM over discord at Antimreoir#9437.

#4 Antimreoir, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  5. Martyr_321

Martyr_321 Gott mit Uns!!

Username: Martyr_321
    Character Name: Chengis
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/chengis.74957/#post-908407
    Preferred Weapon: Long Falx, Straight longsword, Gladius, Targe Shield
    Marissa Morgann,

My name is Chengis and I am a graduate from Gladiator Combat training. I am trained in swords and shields of all kinds, but I currently use only three swords and one type of shield. I'm already enlisted in the military under General Norrvakt as an officer in the front lines. I fight with honor and noble ideals while not being a Noble myself. I believe in justice and dignity. I also really enjoy sparring and fighting.

Chengis

6. OkaDoka

OkaDoka Bottomless Pit Supervisor Staff Member Lore3

Application Details
    Username:
    OkaDoka
    Character Name: Vivana Ennemera
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/vivana-ennemera.75759/
    Preferred Weapon:
    Glaive Sword

I pray this finds you in good health, Miss Morgann.

Any guild or group which practices combat is of great interest to me, for as one who has spent sixty years fighting in the Moors and in the Hordelands the foremost thing time has told me is that one should not deride the combat methods of those of a different culture. While I am Altalan, and it often becomes true that such markedly Ailor and Unionist organizations deny membership and practice with prejudice, by virtue of my direct service as First Shield to the Lord Chancellor I hope to make myself a spot to witness how swordsmanship is taught and executed among those who live in Regalia. Reply if you find yourself wishing my attendance, and within the next few days I will make myself known at whichever establishment you choose for a practice location.

Best wishes,
    Vivana Ennemera.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Chengis,
    Good to see another fond of gladiatorial combat like myself around these parts. Welcome to the group, and please send word to General Norrvakt if you may that this group exists. We could do with a General's overarching opinion.

Marissa Morgann.

First Shield Vivana Ennemera,

Welcome to the team! We'd be glad to host someone in direct service to the Lord Chancellor, as well as someone who practises a more varied style than someone such as myself, your knowledge would be very useful in our efforts.
    Marissa Morgann.

@OkaDoka @Martyr_321
    Shoot me a DM on discord for an invite!

8. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

Username: NathanSandwiches
    Character Name: Cyprien Bongrante
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/cyprien-de-letoirneau.69075/
    Preferred Weapon: One-handed warhammer, though willing to learn longsword or arming sword.
    Greetings, Dame Morgann.

I would like to join this guild in hopes of learning a few things about a sword. Should be good to step out of my comfort zone.

Cyprien Bongrante.”

9. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Cyprien Bongrante,
    Welcome to our merry guild, I'm sure you'll find the knowledge you're looking for with us!

Marissa Morgann.

10. bahmboozled

bahmboozled bahmboozling Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Application Details
    Username: bahmjam
    Character Name: Ma Ksai-Liang
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/ma-ksai-liang.76463/
    Preferred Weapon: Uses two blades, a katana for longer reach and a smaller Eastern blade in closer quarters.

Great deferential greetings to you,

This one simply wishes to see how his blade fares against sword arts from different cultures; a simple wish, no?

Ma Ksai-Liang

11. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

To the Easterner Ksai-Liang,
    We would gladly host individuals with such respectable, and frankly very apt intentions for the purposes of this Guild!

Marissa Morgann
    @bahmGe Shoot me a message over Discord at Antimreoir#9437, for an invite to the server!

12. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

Username: NathanSandwiches
    Character Name: Roland Typhonus
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/roland-typhonus.77295/
    Preferred Weapon: Drixon Spear. But in this case, Cavalry Sabre.
    Esteemed Dame Marissa Morgann,

Your group has caught my interest. I’d like to try it out.

- Ser Roland Typhonus.”

13. CognatPsience

CognatPsience

Username: CognatPsience.
    Character Name: Ivarai'ilo Zisslau.
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/ivaraiilo-zisslau.76091/
    Preferred Weapon:
    Mace.

To Marissa,

Even if we've already talked our lungs out over this, I figure it's best you should have some paperwork with which to back up my words. I'm glad we came to a compromise and are working together under one name. I'll be bringing the folk, and what equipment we have, into the warehouse while the construction workers do their thing. I'll be seeing you.

From, Ivan.

14. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Ivan,

Glad to have you and yours with us, let's do our best in this.
    Marissa Morgann.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. Chapstxcks

Chapstxcks Knight

16. Granolas

Granolas

Username: zuziee
    Character Name: Savanna Valvik
    Character Application: Mwah
    Preferred Weapon: Recurve Bow
    Dear Miss Marissa Morgann,
    I am new to the city of Regalia, and learned quickly from the Nest Inn of this guild.
    I am looking for a place to be taught proper fighting and not just hunting skills from my childhood.

From, Savanna Valvik​

#16 Granolas, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  17. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Savanna,
    Welcome to the Guild, I'm surprised you heard from somewhere other than my harping about my Guild. Good to know word's getting around.
    Swing by the Guildhouse whenever you're available.

Marissa Morgann,
    Guildmaster of the Derna Garda Soldier's Guild.

18. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

Username: Walnoodle
    Character Name: Darcie Vauclain
    Character Application: Link
    Preferred Weapon: Short bow
    Letter:
    To Miss Morgann,
    I shall keep this quite short and to the point. I've heard word of you wanting those who are skilled in using light bows and are keen on teaching. As I find my hand straying from my paintbrushes towards my beloved bow once more, your call interested me. So here I am, writing to you. I await your reply.
    Spirit's Blessings,
    Darcie Vauclain

19. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Darcie Vauclain,
    I'm surprised that missive actually reached someone, I was incredibly sure the messenger had gotten themselves lost somewhere. Welcome to the Guild!
    Marissa Morgann,

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  20. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Username:MidnightRey
    Character Name:Alexa Hallevandeia
    Character Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/alexa-haaven.74292/
    Preferred Weapon:Spear
    Letter:
    "Hello, Im hoping to join your group as an opportunity for myself to get more involved in social activity. And to simply see about having fun with it should you have me. I've been fighting in the spear for some years now and Im hoping in being a student here I can improve my knowledge. I also have some skills in medical treatment and can provide it should anyone ever get hurt."

21. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Alexa Hallenvadeia,
    We'd be glad to welcome a polearm user, as well as a medic into the Guild. Come along to the Guildhouse at your earliest convenience to meet us over some drinks!

Marissa Morgann,
    Guildmaster of the Derna Garda Soldier's Guild

22. leichendame

leichendame Regalian Pioneer

Username: uwugalli
    Character Name: Julian Keymorne
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/julian-keymorne.75042/
    Preferred Weapon:
    Dagger, though looking to learn a long sword or something similar.

To Marissa Morgann,
    I've got two jobs involving my combat skill, I might as well be in a group to try and hone it. I know lots about daggers, though I'm looking to become more proficient with them, and also gain some knowledge of how to use bigger blades.

Julian Keymorne,
    Crown Isle Warden and Typhonus House Guard,
    Spirit Bless

23. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Mr Keymorne,
    As of now we've few who are skilled with the dagger, consider yourself welcome to our guild! Please come to the Derna Garda Guildhouse by the City Fairgrounds at your earliest convenience to meet with me.

Marissa Morgann,

24. bahmboozled

bahmboozled bahmboozling Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Username: bahmjam
    Character Name: Einherjar Bovëen
    Character Application: Bull
    Preferred Weapon:
    Whatever's convenient in the moment, between his fists and bearded axe.
    Marissa Morgann
    This one heard a guild of warriors in Regalia, and wishes to be a part in it. Perchance see honorable spars, no? This one is comfortable with his fists and trusty axe. Prithee let this paper get to you.
    Einherjar Bovëen

25. Panda_bear

Panda_bear

Username: Pandacrp
    Character Name: Eric Fischer
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/eric-fischer.77776/
    Preferred Weapon: Crusader sword, Crossbow
    IC Letter to Marissa Morgann: Marissa Morgann, I was a classmate of Karp Kippings and I wish to join this guild

-Signed Eric Fischer

26. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Einherjar,
    I've rarely seen such an interestingly laid out letter, you're more than welcome to join us in our functions!
    Marissa Morgann,
    Eric Fischer
    Another of the Synod's Holy Knights is more than welcome here, make sure you and Karp get yourselves signed up with the Synod for protectorate duties too!
    Marissa Morgann,
    @Panda_bear Shoot me a message over via Discord at your earliest convenience friend!

27. slurmancer

slurmancer catgirl enthusiast

Application Details
    Username:
    Duterte
    Character Name: Buck
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/bucksawyer.75910/
    Preferred Weapon: Polearms

To Marissa Morgann,

Some time ago we spoke about swords and spears and other such things. I think it was a decent conversation and I'd rather like to join a group whose main concern concerns those affairs. Thus, I'd like to join your outfit, if you'll have me.

Please respond post-haste,
    Buck

28. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Buck,
    Since we already discussed this in person, you're more than welcome to become one of our growing numbers! I'm unsure how to fit a uniform to one who can change to frequently, advise me further on this next time we meet.
    Marissa Morgann,

29. TribunalTemple

TribunalTemple gay enthusiast

Application Details
    Username:
    ExoticRoleplay
    Character Name: Sophia du Montrose
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sophie-ailaise-regalois-du-montrose.77835/
    Preferred Weapon:
    The Rapier & Estoc.

To One Marissa Morgann,
    I am writing to you to apply for your organization in the hopes of becoming a mentor those seeking to learn the arts of fencing and rapier combat. Throughout my lifetime, I have cultivated my experience with the varying techniques used by the Schools of Mariposa and Griffer, with a specialization focusing in Leutz and Dressolini fencing. If you hold need to carry me in your employ, I look forward to a response.
    Sophie Ailaise Regalois du Montrose

30. Sykcoma

Sykcoma

Username: Sykcoma
    Character Name: Sebastian Wolff
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sebastian-wolff.77755/
    Preferred Weapon: Sabre & Cutlass

To whom it may concern,
    I have recently heard about your organization and it has piqued my interest greatly. I wish to become a mentor to those wishing to reach impressive proficiency in a plethora of thin blades. I have attended the School of La Mariposa and have graduated efficiently and at the top of my class. I look forward to seeing your response.

Sebastian Wolff

31. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Sebastian Wolff,
    The Garda warmly welcomes you and your talents you bring from the School of Mariposa, please come and see me at the Guildhouse at your earliest convenience.
    Marissa Morgann,

Madame du Montrose,
    My sincerest apologies, but due to the advice of one of my Guild's confidants I'll be cutting down on the number of female tutors within the Derna Garda, favouring male tutors to suit the eyes of the governing parties.
    You're more than welcome to come along to meet with me in person to challenge this or to participate in the Guild's functions as a student, perhaps learning of a different weapon that what you're comfortable with.

Marissa Morgann,

32. Reledy

Reledy

Username: Loulou876
    Character Name: Elke Villas
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/elke-villas.77899/
    Preferred Weapon: Spear
    “Dear Marissa Morgann,
    I take great honor in having the opportunity to be a part of this. I hope you find me suitable to join into the guild and I hope to learn as much as I may from this experience. I hope to greatly gain from this and will enjoy working with those in it. Thank you for considering.

Elke Villas”

33. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Elke Villas,
    My apologies for my lengthy time taken to get back to you, I welcome you to the Derna Garda though I'm unsure as to what style of weaponry you use, come along to the Garda for some light sparring at your earliest convenience.

Maridenne Morgann,
    Burgravine of Pach Mulben,
    Vassal to House Howlester,

34. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Changelog 03-09-2019
    • Updated Guild history.
    • Officiated Rankings.
    • Made things look a little prettier.

35. TheMoistestMan

TheMoistestMan Captain Regalia

Username: TheMoistestMan
    Character Name: Alexander Donsly
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/alexander-donsly.60301/#post-923679
    Preferred Weapon: Heater Shield
    Dear Marissa
    After another lengthy time away from the city I feel my movements becoming sloppy, and if I don't shape up soon you may be able to finally beat me in a spar, we can't be having that now, can we? I hope our past adventures still showcase my skills, and I hope to speak with you face to face in the near future,
    See you soon, friend
    Alexander Donsly

#35 TheMoistestMan, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  36. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

37. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Fuck the pigs
    Tiocfaidh ar la
    Up the ra
    Up yours Martin Callinan
    Arlene foster is a terrible person

To a United Ireland. Hail the Proclamations fathers.

38. AWildRhia

AWildRhia Basement Goblin

Username: AWildResi
    Character Name: Kara'välÿna Hállëvandëia
    Character Application:
    P l o n t
    Preferred Weapon: None! Status = Medic
    Hello! William forced me to do this.
    In all seriousness, however, I would love to accompany you all as a medic. I may not know much but William's a wonderful person and he wanted me to help so I shall. I hope I can learn quick and be of great assistance to you all in times to come.​
    ~Sincerely, Kara'valyna Hallevandeia

39. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Alexander Donsly,
    We speak once again friend! Welcome back to the city, you're more than welcome to test your hand against mine in the field but don't expect to do as well as you did!

With that aside, come on down to the Guildhouse whenever for a few drinks and to get accustomed to the place.

Maridenne Morgann
    Urddfeistr of the Derna Garda Soldier's Guild

Kara'valyna Hallevandeia

Good to see that William is doing his job, we've had need for a medic for a while, so we'll be glad to have you along.
    Maridenne Morgann,
    Urddfeistr of the Derna Garda Soldier's Guild.

40. Nidakk

Nidakk Phsycotic Horse Rider

Username: Nidakk
    Character Name: Celia Belkis
    Character Application: Yeet
    Preferred Weapon:
    Words
    [The Letter would be written in neat, very skilled calligraphy to show off]
    To the Most Honorable Urddfeistr Marrissa Morgann:
    There is word going around that you search for diplomats, I may be that person and lucky enough, I am yearning for pay. I’m Celia Belkis, and although my culture has a reputation for being rather idiotic and risky in nature, I assure you that I am very different. I was taught by the best Mevoriim diplomats from the coasts of Sendras. I was taught from the age of six to sixteen and I have settled multiple disputes throughout the world. From orcs and avanthar to maraya and allar, I have done it all with a smile on my face and a confident gaze. If you would do me the honor of allowing me to work under you, I promise that you would not be disappointed. As my mentor said, if you can reason with an orc, you can certainly reason with just about everyone else.
    Sincerely,
    -Celia M. Belkis