Cyprien De Letoirneau

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Nathan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

[​IMG]
    CypriArmourArthur.jpg
    RedNobleDivider.png

RedNobleDivider.png
    Basic Information

‣ Full Name: Cyprien 'Cypri' Hadrien Bongrante.

‣ Age: 35.

‣ Gender: Male.

‣ Race: Leutz-Vixe/Ithanian Ailor.

‣ Sexuality: Heterosexual.

‣ Religion: Priscelle Unionist.
    RedNobleDivider.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RedNobleDivider.png
    Skill Information

» Proficiency Points: 35 Total.

+12 Blunt Combat (+12 from Points)
    +3 Shields (+3 from Points)
    +15 Marshal Command (+15 from Points)
    +5 Athletic Training (+5 from Points)
    +10 Bodycare Training (+10 from Ithanian Ailor)

» Body Shape:

Muscular Body Shape.
    Moderate Body Fat.

» Languages: 3.

Leutz | 10/10 Taught by father and majority of family.
    d'Ithanie 8/10 Taught by mother and in-laws.
    Common | 10/10 Learned by a tutor from a young age.
    RedNobleDivider.png
    Visual Information

‣ Eye Colour: Celery Green.

‣ Hair Colour: Light Blonde.

‣ Hair Style: Messy, back in a bun.

‣ Skin Colour: Pale.

‣ Clothing: A common linen tabard. Occasionally wearing layered clothing bearing his Bloodcast cape.

‣ Height: 6'1.

‣ Body Build: Muscular.
    RedNobleDivider.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RedNobleDivider.png
    Personality and Abilities

‣ Perceived by Others: At first appearance, Cyprien holds a friendly grin and welcoming posture. He's cheerful and doesn't mind getting a drink or cup of tea with strangers. Cyprien is usually more light-hearted and enjoys laughing through life. Though, he's learned to understand there is a time for everything.

‣ Feelings: Cyprien tends to be friendly, and kind. There are always exceptions of course, though he's tried to become someone that people fancy being around. Cyprien eagerly cares for his family, specifically his wife and daughters, their thoughts hold a strong influence over him. Aside from family, Cyprien is capable of walking the streets with his head held high, able to turn the other cheek when insults are thrown his way, though he doesn't always enjoy doing such.

‣ Friends and Family: Cyprien values his family and close friends above most in Aloria. They are what drives him on, and where his loyalties lie. Their thoughts of him are highly influential. In private is where he truly opens up. This is where he'll express his actual thoughts on certain matters.

‣ Morality: Cyprien's morals have been strongly based off how he was raised in the Alaire family. He tends to lean towards doing what he believes is right, and what his family believes is right. He'll rarely sacrifice his moral belief for another way around an issue.
    RedNobleDivider.png
    Life Story

Early Life (0-12)

• Cyprien Hadrien de Letoirneau-Alaire was born to Gilles Alaire and Minerva Alaire nee Bongrante on May 11th, 271 AC.
    • Cyprien grew up in his family's estate in Collen-Bas, Southern Brissiaud.
    • From an early, age Cyprien had begun to love cats. He'd have them follow him around the estate and pathways. Even playing hide and seek with them around the horse pens and farmlands, which could sometimes be rather dangerous.
    • As well as his growing love for cats, Cyprien developed a love for swordplay. He'd enjoy watching family retainers spar in their steel armour. His father began training him whenever he could, determined to make Cyprien a better swordsman than himself.

Teen Years (13-19)

• At the age of 14, Cyprien is sent to the School of Bloodcast in Duurwallis Castle, the Crown City.
    • At Duurwallis, Cyprien faces many ordeals and challenges, overcoming most, but also learning to take losses hard and petty. He isn't allowed to leave the castle much at all during his schooling, yet, the occasional countryside patrol was always the most relieving for the young knight-in-training.
    • At age 17, nearing graduation, Cyprien received word from his father of new opportunities and was ordered to withdraw from Bloodcast in favour of the School of Marshalry. Cyprien was at first hesitant to accept, after the years of hard work he had put in, but complied regardless.

Early Adult Life (20-29)
    • Cyprien returns home for a short time, before eventually returning to Regalia once more to pursue his career in Marshalry. He studied and lived there for a number of years before returning, a lot of off and on back and forth trips.
    • At 23 years of age, he marries his betrothed, Jeanne Alaire née Le Trémoille.
    • Nearly a year later, Jeanne gives birth to their first child and daughter, Hyacinthe Alaire.
    • Then, at 28, Cyprien and Jeanne have another daughter, Elaine Alaire.
    • A few months after their second daughter was born, Cyprien sets out to explore the Archipelago. He visits Calemberg, Dragenthal, Vixhall, Loiree, Pays Sud, and Brixoid, before returning home to Collen-Bas.
    • A year later, being 29, Cyprien continues his passion to travel, journeying to Ithania with his wife and eldest daughter to see Jeanne's original family. Cyprien takes a liking for the Ithanian Language and Culture.
    • Cyprien remains with the Trémoille family in the city of Portée du Paradis, Ithania, for a few years until Anahera's invasion arose, where he began to ponder taking action.
    Recent Times (30-Present)
    • Upon hearing the news from Bijoux, Cyprien debated returning to Brissiaud, as he knew Ithania wasn't able to counter Anahera. Yet, an odd sense of duty drove him to stay, and help defend his wife's family if need be.
    • Just a year or so later, Cyprien experienced one of his first more prominent military events as the Bone Horror Crisis arose. This time Cyprien had an immediate response, taking up arms with fellow Ithanians such as Ser Hector Chappelle and Ser Philippe du Langelier in the Ithanian Citoyen Armée. Moving from the various cities under assault from the Bone Horrors, Cyprien and his companions slew dozens of the mysterious Undead-like creatures. It was here that Cyprien developed true leadership qualities, and earned the respect of his comrades.
    • After the Bone Horror Crisis had ended in Ithania, Cyprien says his farewells to the Trémoille family, and took his own back to Brissiaud, desperate to see his youngest daughter and the rest of his family.
    • Upon returning to Collen-Bas a third time, Cyprien's combative and tactical abilities are noticed, and he begins to organize and lead local loyalists of House Alaire.
    • At the age of 34, Cyprien's cousin Roesia Alaire becomes Matriarch of House Alaire. As she travels to Regalia to start to make a name for herself, Cyprien stays with his parents, and cousin Patience Alaire, continuing to lead Alaire troops on basic patrols and operations.
    • Cyprien and his troops witness the occupation of Peirgarten lands, an Alaire neighbour. Cyprien recognizes the growing threat of House du Pont, and prepares Alaire troops for the worst.
    • At age 35, Cyprien, Jeanne, and their daughters set out for Regalia to support their cousin Roesia who had done amazingly in the Crown City. There he discovers that House Alaire had merged with Ithanian House Celyreos and House du Polignac to form House de Letoirneau, a family which claims Ithanian culture and wishes to defend it in Regalia.
    • After just a few months of arriving, Cyprien is able to impress his new cousin, Anastasie de Letoirneau, the Matriarch, and is awarded various military positions in the House. One of the more prominent being Commandant Premier of Le Régiment de Tonnerre, the de Letoirneau House Guard and security forces. Several Knights of mostly the Order of Bloodcast flock to this new regiment, and seek to establish firm Bloodcast influence in the Holy City - this time united as one.
    • After months of thought and debate, Cyprien decides to arrange a meeting with the Lord Commander of the Violet Order to discuss the possibilities of himself serving the Crown City in a higher position, to allow him to transfer his guardsmen. With the Lord Commander's approval, Cyprien establishes The Lancierron Sentinels City Guard Chapter, and runs the Sentinels as well as the Regiment.
    • With the sudden feud with the fellow Ithanian, now Imperial House of Delmotte, Cyprien takes the opportunity to do what he had been taught, and defend his House with his life. While no major conflicts came to pass, the Delmottes took a number of blows at House de Letoirneau - specifically their guardsman and certain family members. After seeing the Delmottes sway an Imperial Prince to assault one of his men, even on duty as a Violet guardsman, Cyprien knew then and there this fight could not be won if his family made no moves to counter. Eventually, Ser Louis Delmotte, a rival Viridian Knight, challenged Cyprien to an honour duel, claiming he'd be a coward if he were to refuse. Cyprien accepted and faced Louis in a pit with a moderate audience present. It was here that Cyprien was outmatched due to donning far less quality armour and having not fought in a proper battle in months. His defeat was one that sunk hard in Cyprien's heart, thinking he had failed his family, causing him to sulk at home in a depressive stage, while his leg had also been brutalized.
    • Yet, Cyprien returned to work and his usual go abouts, in the attempt to well familiarize himself with the Violet Order and its members. He sought to continue serving the City and his House to one day redeem himself in his eyes and the eyes of his matriarch.
    • After a series of unfortunate events following Delmotte's attacks on him and his family, Cyprien departs from the city for a few months to recover from his losses. To add to this, his wife and eldest daughter had left him in hopes of living in a safer environment. Anastasie was able to keep Elaine around, luckily, though Cyprien's immediate family had taken a hard blow. Cyprien waited in Loiree-Bas for a number of months before returning to the city, to find the Alaire and Celyreos Branches removed from House de Letoirneau. Only Cyprien, his younger brother Olivier, and his loyal daughter Elaine had remained of all the Alaires ever associated, so the three were officially adopted into a reformed House de Letoirneau, and Cyprien immediately got back to work.
    Cyprien'sSeal.png
    RedNobleDivider.png

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    #1 Nathan, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  2. Nathan

Played Characters Only

Close Family | Family | Close Friend | Friend | Rival | Enemy

William Seidel (Friend) @Nationalizm: "My comrade, you and I are destined for greatness together."

Matthew Seidel (Friend) @Darwinfluff "I can't thank you enough for your unquestionable commitment to my family and I, thank you for serving strong, and for continuing to do so. I am proud to fight alongside such a man.

Philippe du Langelier (Friend) @ContestedSnow: "Devoted friend, you are one of the most honourable Bloodcast Knights I know, and your loyalty will forever hold my gratitude and respect for you."

Jacques Martyn (Friend) @Ludicro: "I knew I was going to take a liking to you from the moment we met at the Willow months back. Fellow countryman, you have a sense of duty that most knights and even members of the peerage couldn't comprehend. I look forward to several more adventures with you.

Lilianne de Blanc (Friend) @Brit<3: "There was something about you from the start, a certain potential no other Brood possesses. You have earned your keep well, de Blanc. Keep your chin up and don't let the world put you down for what you are, for who you are is what matters."

Putyati Gorakmouk (Friend) @avemechanicus: "Though you puzzle me often, I can hardly neglect the respect and appreciation I have for you, and have grown to thoroughly enjoy your presence in our ranks.

June LeClair (Friend) @PeckOps: "You're a good friend, and I've already begun to put a lot of trust in you. I have a feeling that most highly underestimate you. Reach up and take the sky June."

Garth Viduggla (Fellow Commander, Friend) @BeashSlap: "All I can say is you're one neat fellow. I've heard the rumours of those filthy Northerners eating people alive and all, but I think those were made up by some very jealous sods claiming themselves honourable, civil men when they're just as pitiful as the rest. I'm proud to know I work alongside such a great man and leader.​

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #2 Nathan, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. GenericNerd

GenericNerd Regalian Pioneer

I love BBC Merlin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NoRezForYou

NoRezForYou Professional Hand Holder

Howdy! Just a friendly peer review to help both you & your future reviewer out!

Skills information:
    • Your General Command has been set to +6 but you've written "+14 from points" This meaning you've either gone over your limit or under it, if it's the latter I'd suggest you put down 'Unspent points' down in the list.
    • You've done the same in your Culture section, writing +5 stage performance but written +6 from points!
    • I also suggest adding something along the lines of '29 proficiency points -10 School of Blood cast'
    Personality:
    • I personally sympathize with how annoying this section is, though I do suggest at least attempting to add an extra sentence on 1, 3 & 4.
    The Life Story:
    • This section feels very lacking, especially around the middle. I do suggest adding on maybe some details on how he gained a few skills (Such as languages or cultural skills) or small events in his life such as a previous lover(s)
    Personal Note:
    I enjoyed the read & love the face claim, I look forwards to seeing him on the streets!
    Do keep in mind that I am not a lore staff member & you possess the right to refuse any or all of my points.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Nathan

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Regarding the Prof Points, I had edited it a few times and just missed the numbers. Though the 29 (-10 School of Bloodcast) was new information. Thanks again!

6. Vegemiite

Vegemiite monty appreciator Supremium

Claimed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. IGutTheMidasTuch

IGutTheMidasTuch colony of worms in a vaguely humanoid disguise Supremium

:')

stfu i know i already commented but i forgot to quote what i was talking aboUT

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Vegemiite

Skill Information:
    Leutz-Vixe get +5 Tailoring, add this into the skill section.
    You are only allowed two other languages with common at his current age. Remove one.​
    Personality Information:
    While you do have all the information really needed, could you please expand upon the paragraphs? This is an optional edit.​
    Life Story:
    Remove the mentioning of being the last strong Ithanian family. ​

Make the above edits and tag me once done!
    @Nathan

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Nathan

Required edits made!

On the languages, I tried lowering his fluency in d'Ithanie to Somewhat Literate. So the only languages he'd be truly fluent in are Common and Leutz. Does that work?

@Vegemiite

10. Vegemiite

With languages, it costs ten years to gain one. Common is free but you are one year off having three other languages. Please remove one or age your character up by 1 year and adjust the application accordingly.

11. Nathan

Sure thing. Decided to knock out Alt-Regalisch then.

@Vegemiite

12. Vegemiite

Approved.

13. Nathan

14. Vegemiite

Please add in the physical stat calculation, and be aware that you need 30 minimum for muscular.
    You are also one year under knowing another language, please bump his age up by 1 or remove a language.

Make the above edits and tag me once done!
    @Nathan

15. Nathan

16. Vegemiite

Approved.

17. Nathan

Made some pretty big edits as I aged him up to 35. Life Story, Proficiency, and Body Build I'm pretty sure. @Vegemiite.

(( If you're no longer my reviewer I apologize as I'm not entirely sure how to get a new one. I suppose just wait for another staff member to pick this up?

18. Vegemiite

I am no longer staff and therefore can no longer officially review this. If you do want my peer review however, simply put the changes you made in a different colour and I can look over them.

To show staff this needs a new reviewer, put the tag at the top as Needs Reviewer not Need Re-Review.

19. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Claimed

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Approved

21. Nathan

@Jonificus Not sure if I need a re-review or not, but I changed up Cyprien's profs a bit and switched him from Bloodcast to School of Marshalry, and added a paragraph to his life story