Archived Transferring Players Stats/money To Their Other Accounts When Hacked.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
There is an ongoing issue that sometimes players get their accounts get hacked, and they cannot recover the account. What I am suggesting is maybe a forum section for this, so old players don't have to start from scratch if their accounts are hacked. Lets say Bob gets his account hacked, Bob goes on the forum and posts the thread with his in game name, and proof of purchase of both accounts. The hacked account would be permanently banned, have all its stats removed, and all its money removed, all of these things would be transferred over to the players new account. I understand players have tried to argue for this before, and as far as I know have just been given the answer of "If we do it for you, we have to do it for everyone." In all honesty this process takes about five minutes for an admin to complete, and I do not really see a logical reason as to why it shouldn't be done, as this is not something the admins will be spammed with, as it is extremely uncommon. (If there is one PLEASE point it out)
Two examples that come to mind are Darkwatch and Fube

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In all honesty this process takes about five minutes for an admin to complete,
In all honesty. This is not a 5 minute task. As discussed in his thread http://forums.massivecraft.com/thre...-to-reset-everything-about-your-player.19289/ a lot of plugins stores a lot of plugins, store a lot of data. And transferring all that data would take a lot of time. Since the most plugins don't have such features implemented. And what if the hacker, hacked your emails, got the receipt, and got you banned? Yes I support this, but depending on how much data that has to be transferred it can be a complex task.

It would take way too much time, given there is quite a handful of plugins. And with the amount of players this hacking might occur to, it would be a real big hassle to staff. Think of all the programing that would need to be done!

It would take way too much time, given there is quite a handful of plugins. And with the amount of players this hacking might occur to, it would be a real big hassle to staff. Think of all the programing that would need to be done!
Coding?

Guy A gets hacked
Guy B is his new account.
/Remove X money from Guy A
/money add X to Guy B
/Ban Guy A
[Then do the same for MCMMO.]
[The guy would only keep his money and his MCMMO]

+1 Support~

For MCMMO, point tokens can be given to allow the user to level a statistic by a set number of levels. I don't know about removing levels, but it shouldn't be needed if you can just ban the hacked account.
@Suzzie2
@Jack The Unseen

I like the idea.
The only excuse I can see that can be a bit of a hassle, is if people started requesting their account stats to be changed over for other reasons besides this. However, if they make it very clear they will only do this in extreme cases (Hacking), then that should be very unambiguous and easily understood.
1+ Supported. I really hope at least THIS gets added to the server. There's been a few people I've heard of that have been hacked, and the server's lost a supporter because of it.

I really do think this is a good idea, one of my companions finbar24 recently got his account hacked and he likes to pvp often. I am letting him use my alt account that has no stats, no money and no premium on it.

In all honesty. This is not a 5 minute task. As discussed in his thread http://forums.massivecraft.com/thre...-to-reset-everything-about-your-player.19289/ a lot of plugins stores a lot of plugins, store a lot of data. And transferring all that data would take a lot of time. Since the most plugins don't have such features implemented. And what if the hacker, hacked your emails, got the receipt, and got you banned? Yes I support this, but depending on how much data that has to be transferred it can be a complex task.
Lets see, all the staff have to do is a 4 step process.
1: Go onto forums and view player proof.
2: Check the players stats on the skills page of the website.
3: Ban respective hacked player (or remove their previous Mcmmo)
4: Do /mmoedit {player} {stat} {Mcmmo value}
At tops this process should take up to 15 minutes. You also have take into consideration that majority of hacked players that report their hack tend to be premiums that have at least bought a 3-month premium plan. But when staff deny the player from being able to recover their stats they really don't have any motivation to play on the server anymore (Depending on the player).
By allowing this 15-5 minute process the server may be able to benefit in a couple hundred more Euro's from those players that have lost everything that they had worked so hard for.

One more thing.. that link that you used as a reference was requesting a whole new command on the server to "Reset player stats", This thread is concerning "Transferring player stats"

This is something that should be deeply considered and not taken lightly, Pokyug

Last edited:
Lets see, all the staff have to do is a 4 step process.
1: Go onto forums and view player proof.
2: Check the players stats on the skills page of the website.
3: Ban respective hacked player (or remove their previous Mcmmo)
4: Do /mmoedit {player} {stat} {Mcmmo value}
At tops this process should take up to 15 minutes. You also have take into consideration that majority of hacked players that report their hack tend to be premiums that have at least bought a 3-month premium plan. But when staff deny the player from being able to recover their stats they really don't have any motivation to play on the server anymore (Depending on the player).
By allowing this 15-5 minute process the server may be able to benefit in a couple hundred more Euro's from those players that have lost everything that they had worked so hard for.

One more thing.. that link that you used as a reference was requesting a whole new command on the server to "Reset player stats", This thread is concerning "Transferring player stats"

This is something that should be deeply considered and not taken lightly, Pokyug
Mcmmo isn't the only plugin that stores data about players. Money, houses in Regalia, LWC, Even quests and MassiveBooks (the copyright feature). The only thing I tried to say is, that the amount of plugins is much higher then you just think. And for it to feel complete, every single of these plugins, data had to be transferred.

Mcmmo isn't the only plugin that stores data about players. Money, houses in Regalia, LWC, Even quests and MassiveBooks (the copyright feature). The only thing I tried to say is, that the amount of plugins is much higher then you just think. And for it to feel complete, every single of these plugins, data had to be transferred.
Does every bit of data really need to be transferred? Money and mcmmo are better than nothing.

Does every bit of data really need to be transferred? Money and mcmmo are better than nothing.
You are right on that one. But Regalian houses is important for some people. Copyrigthed books might also bee, LWC chests would be nice. Some of this data can not be tranfered as data, but needs to be done mannualy (Removing protection from chests) by staff. (Depending on the APi of thos plugins)

You are right on that one. But Regalian houses is important for some people. Copyrigthed books might also bee, LWC chests would be nice. Some of this data can not be tranfered as data, but needs to be done mannualy (Removing protection from chests) by staff. (Depending on the APi of thos plugins)
I am suggesting the doable, since most hacked players I have talked to just want their money and mcmmo back.

I wanted to do this long time ago. And they convinced me. You can easily cheat admins by saying you are the person who owns another account, and just sell your stats.(Yes I know they can check IP, but checking it day after day would be stupid in my opinion).

I think you should start by actually reading what thor5648 posted earlier:
"Lets say Bob gets his account hacked, Bob goes on the forum and posts the thread with his in game name, and proof of purchase of both accounts. The hacked account would be permanently banned, have all its stats removed, and all its money removed, all of these things would be transferred over to the players new account."
This thread is asking for the option to retrieve your Regals and Stats from an account that got hacked from you (A legitimate account owned by you)
If we started asking for every little itty bitty piece of cobblestone we had to our 2 double chests of "God armour" transferred to a new account.
Then Staff would say "heck no, that would take way to much time" and i would agree with them. You have to remember that staff are always kept on their feet with work. So lets try not to make our wants inconvenient.
Please, try to make your solutions both convenient for staff and players :P

With Sincerity to Madus, from G'mund

Not that i'm against this idea but it has a huge potential to be abused. Aka doubling money. The only way you can "get hacked" is if you have given your password to someone or if it's ridiculously easy both is which its YOUR fault no one elses. So i feel they shouldn't get anything.

Aus

Not that i'm against this idea but it has a huge potential to be abused. Aka doubling money. The only way you can "get hacked" is if you have given your password to someone or if it's ridiculously easy both is which its YOUR fault no one elses. So i feel they shouldn't get anything.

Aus
I think if the staff were to do this and the person that wanted their new account to have the stats and money transferred, that they would first set your money to 0, then transfer the money, not add on the money to your current money if you used the new account before requesting a transfer.

Also, while I agree that it is their fault for having very weak passwords, I think the staff and the server could benefit from having the player return, and it would help to show the staff care about the player's ability to play and have fun. Also, it would obviously make the player and the player's friends happy with the staff, and when people are happy with the staff that is obviously a good thing.

I think if the staff were to do this and the person that wanted their new account to have the stats and money transferred, that they would first set your money to 0, then transfer the money, not add on the money to your current money if you used the new account before requesting a transfer.

Also, while I agree that it is their fault for having very weak passwords, I think the staff and the server could benefit from having the player return, and it would help to show the staff care about the player's ability to play and have fun. Also, it would obviously make the player and the player's friends happy with the staff, and when people are happy with the staff that is obviously a good thing.
I'm all for player return and all that but i don't feel that they should regain all stats etc.

An example.
A player abuses, hacks and what not, gets banned or jailed or what not. They use the excuse they were hacked. Their old acc stays banned. Their new acc retains all previous stats.

What i'm trying to say is that it would remove the sentimental value of ones account. A life example, your parents pay for your phone you dont give as much care to it as if you pay for it yourself..

I'm probably going yo be the only one putting my opinion against this but it's just how i see it. I've had acc's banned on other games and i've realised it's all because i was too trusting my password got out etc. So in the end it all comes down to the players responsibility.

On the other hand this ideas just come to me. Perhaps one could purchase a reset of their stats say with an amount of regals

I'm all for player return and all that but i don't feel that they should regain all stats etc.

An example.
A player abuses, hacks and what not, gets banned or jailed or what not. They use the excuse they were hacked. Their old acc stays banned. Their new acc retains all previous stats.

What i'm trying to say is that it would remove the sentimental value of ones account. A life example, your parents pay for your phone you dont give as much care to it as if you pay for it yourself..

I'm probably going yo be the only one putting my opinion against this but it's just how i see it. I've had acc's banned on other games and i've realised it's all because i was too trusting my password got out etc. So in the end it all comes down to the players responsibility.

On the other hand this ideas just come to me. Perhaps one could purchase a reset of their stats say with an amount of regals
Well, I agree that if someone has hacked their account, and then starts breaking the rules on MassiveCraft before being banned for being a hacked account, that then they should not get their stuff back because it took way too long to alert the staff that it is a hacked account. But if they alerted the staff before any of that then I think they should get their stuff transferred.

Well, I agree that if someone has hacked their account, and then starts breaking the rules on MassiveCraft before being banned for being a hacked account, that then they should not get their stuff back because it took way too long to alert the staff that it is a hacked account. But if they alerted the staff before any of that then I think they should get their stuff transferred.

We have the most civil discussions. #MassivecraftDebateTeam

I still standby my new inout they should be charged say like 500-1000 regals to retain their stats if it means that much to them they won't mind.

Aus
As I read this post I slapped myself. I know from experience (not on MC) that accounts most definitely can get hacked, even if they have extremely complicated passwords.

Why do you think you can get Minecraft accounts on the internet for so cheap (last I checked you could get them for as low as $3)? The answer is hacking.