Archived Replacing Premium With A Pay-to-play System

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandru

oh boy
Reaction score
Faction
Mydthar
TLDR: Remove Premium, and charge for monthly access.
*Hugs flame shield for protection against the incoming storm.*

There have been a lot of people complaining about the Premium system, and how it's supposedly overpowered. Most of them being non-donators. But I'm not gonna take a side here. So here's my suggestion:
Remove premium. Completely. Any players who still have bought premium time should be able to play on the server until their 'fake premium' expires. Start charging 1-3 dollars monthly for access to the server. It'll add up to be more than premium brings in, it will be cheaper for players who wish to support the server, and it'll keep only high quality players on the server.
Now, before you jump to the comments and tell me that people will hate this, why should they pay to play on a server they've never been on, hear this: For one week, and one week only, players will be able to play on the server for free. They will have a tag labeled "Guest" or something like that, but will have all the same privileges as everybody else. Once their time expires, they'll have to pay. Lots of people will hate this at first, but once the dust settles, all the players will have fun. Everyone will have the same perks, and Massivecraft has a definite source of income.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Lots of people will hate this at first, but once the dust settles, all the players will have fun. Everyone will have the same perks, and Massivecraft has a definite source of income.
tumblr_inline_mxin1mPjQQ1r4rvmj.jpg tumblr_inline_mxin2vTkBm1r4rvmj.jpg
  1. This will make Massivecraft look unattractive compared to all of the other free to play servers out there. We cannot afford to lose the playerbase.
  2. This would mean that many people without a steady income of money would end up unable to play. I wouldn't want to play on this server if I knew my friends couldn't join me.
  3. Most "Pay to play" games have expert programmers that make the game desirable to continue playing with constant, monthly additions. Massive has one to two experts and wouldn't be able to satisfy their players enough to keep up with the monthly income.

Last edited:
This thread seems to be getting rather negative responses. Since I'm here though, I may as well add my two cents. @The_Last_Miner_1, I have a couple things to point out to you.
  1. You honestly shouldn't post an idea thread for implementing to the server unless you are prepared for people's opinion. People have a right to it, and, since you posted a thread like this in the first place, you should be well prepared for the opinions.
  2. People like myself, who are too young to really do online buying without parental help, WILL NOT be even able to go on this server anymore if the parents decide they don't have the time or money to waste on a minecraft server. Simply put, many parents don't feel a minecraft server is worth $3.
  3. In response to your idea of
    If they cannot absolutely afford 3$, they shouldn't buy minecraft.
    That is precisely the point. We paid that much money to get minecraft and the privileges that ensue, including going on servers. Additionally, going to Walmart and buying a Minecraft account card is different from online for some of us. Please keep that in mind.
I realize you are probably feeling me-against-the-world right now, but please keep the response to my opinion civil.
Get lost unless you're going to contribute.
And would you please not diss my brother. The only one allowed to do that is me.

This honestly seems to have turned from genuine idea to the thread owner fighting and clawing to try and prove his point. Multiple staff members and different members of the community have expressed an opinion on the topic, now would be the time to observe and look st the complaints about it instead of saying " you guys are just disagreeing with me"

No.

Removing the 'This is a /horrible idea." part, this is a genuine and helpful response. Maybe all of you could take notes.
Sorry you're offended because we think it's a horrible idea to kick 3/4 of the server out. ;)

This is a horrible idea. That's all there is to it. No, I don't care if it offends you that I disagree with you. The fact that you have gotten 15 no votes an 11 disagrees within an hour of posting this should speak for itself.

Yes I am aware this comment was rude. No I do not give 2 sh*ts. I would suggest you just lock this entirely.

Same thing I said to MonMarty. Get lost unless you're going to contribute.
YOU SAID THIS TO MONMARTY??!
Ok....there are no words that express my feedback that I am willing to post here. Suffice to say that you wouldn't like it.

Here is my contribution. There is no part of this idea that is good. Why? Obvious. Over half the Massive player base is not premium. You want no one around to play Massive anymore? No? Well then this idea is a bad one.

And....ok, ignore that second line. I am willing to post my response. Don't be an idiot.

You know? I'm sorry for trying to help all of you, for trying to just suggest an idea. But no, you stomped on my ****ing face, and told me I was wrong, you're wrong! You're wrong! How dare you try and suggest ANYTHING! Why do I even try?
Look, I'm sorry you are feeling isolated and abused at the moment. But you really need to understand, that this isn't "our fault", nor is it anyone's fault.
You put a idea forth, and your personal feelings aside, clearly majority disagree with the idea. You really shouldn't be taking this so to heart, this happens all the time in politics and with everything really.
The fact is, a suggestion was made, and the votes said no. End of story.

Every other personal comment about us abusing you, or your intent to help us is irrelevant. When you put a idea forward, all that stuff is irrelevant. We aren't abusing you, we are disagreeing with your suggestion. That's it!
Please do not take this out of context.

Edit: Well, people may be aggressive towards you to some degree, because 1. You've insulted a Admin 2. You've made plenty of accusations which aren't fact but rather fiction. 3. You've implied everyone here is "arrogant" and "pig-headed".
Aside from your own doing, it's not personal.

Everyone is against my idea, because how dare I suggest something. Half the comments on this thread are simply "No." or some way someone thinks is funny to say "up yours".
...The first part of that first sentence is correct. Everyone is against your idea. The second part is being stupid. How dare you suggest something? Easily, you just did. Just make your suggestions worthwhile and you may go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.