Rejected Pay To Play- Bring Back Monthly Regals To Premiums

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Deetrip, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deetrip

Deetrip Kit Kathar chocolate-covered wafer bar

What's something we all need? Money. What are we willing to pay for? Regals! Premium features are all fine and dandy but what we really want is to support good ol Massivecraft. A little compensation for those who stayed and supported is all I'm asking.

What'll ya say @MonMarty ?

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

violates EULA, so won't happen. Mojang would simply shut us down before we get back up and running.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Deetrip

Boosted mob drop percentage at least?

4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I'd be down for that

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

EULA pretty much states anytime someone donates that the benefits have to be either purely aesthetic and not give someone an outright advantage over people who didn’t donate (pay to win, premiums can only wear diamond armor, etc) or everyone gets the benefit (Gift4Alls)

If the boosted mob drops were a donation that once bought everyone got, then yah that would work. We already have that in the form of double money drops though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Keep in mind, the value of a regal is relative. If there's less regals due to less being dropped from mobs, it just means the regals will be worth more.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Deetrip

Donating to the communist agenda is all I hear with mother Russain background elevator tunes. Is there a way to give Premium passive survival bonuses to bring in the shiny pennies or enhance xp at all is the point of the thread.

8. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

There isn’t, because a buff that would give the individual player a clear and distinct gameplay advantage, which per player bonuses is, isn’t allowed under the Mojang EULA.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

If this is suggested because you want regals, you can also make them through other means. In-game you can sell stuff, kill mobs, vote, and the like. Out of Game you can sell artwork, premium, and characters for regals. You can even flat out offer irl money for regals.

If this is suggested to make Premium more enticing, I personally find the assorted aesthetic features to be very much worth it - assuming we can still change clay/wool colors with a command at least - and also understand that I'm effectively donating to enjoy the server.

10. Brannon

Brannon The Apple

It doesn't necessarily work quite like that. Although true, the implementation of a suggestion like this would violate Minecraft's EULA, the EULA enforcement system doesn't operate so swiftly. In what I've observed over the course of the past year and a half, Mojang's enforcement of the EULA operates primarily on the basis of violation reports (https://bit.ly/1OCPquW). I've also witnessed that such enforcement has almost exclusively been emphasized on medium to large-sized servers and networks. Yes, obviously small communities have been affected by the EULA to a considerable extent, but I do think it's important that we keep in mind that Mojang doesn't have a huge team of employees scattering the realms of Minecraft like vampire hunters looking to feast on small communities that may seem a bit more reluctant. That simply isn't a viable way of conducting business with such a vast number of different networks at large.

I personally would not recommend completely disassembling the compliance that MassiveCraft has already established for the EULA, but that doesn't mean it is not something to be considered, especially when taking into consideration the current financial state of the server. If you take a look at the stores of just a few large networks that focus primarily on factions-oriented gameplay, such as CosmicPvP, SaicoPvP, Jartex Network, GotPvP, Desteria, etc., each of them are currently in violation of the terms outlined in the EULA and have been for months with little to no intervention from Mojang in the past year, despite the fact that each of these networks maintain a playerbase of anywhere from 400 to 2,000 players online at any given time. It's also unofficially worth noting that Mojang does pay attention to its community, and there is no doubt they have noticed the crippling impact the EULA has made on Minecraft communities alike (enforcement has most likely weakened for a reason). After all, that takes us back to the statement regarding violation reports. It's evident that the playerbase of these networks are satisfied with the donation packages these servers offer, otherwise they wouldn't keep coming back and they would also be filing violation reports against the severs' stores. Obviously, if a server were to provide packages that are too pay-to-win, it wouldn't go over well with the playerbase and I know that it certainly wouldn't go over well with Mojang once they receive a ton of violation reports regarding the matter. The key is to provide a store and packages that are balanced and not too pay-to-win or advantageous, but also enticing enough to persuade the community into donating more (as many of the above stores have exemplified).

Not that I agree with the suggestion posted on this thread specifically, but I do want to recommend that the Premium features be reworked/adjusted when the time is right, especially if this server wants to grow in financial capacity. That doesn't mean, "add a bunch of pay2win perks that ruin the economy." It simply means to review what is currently offered, try to improve on such, and offer something a bit more enticing. I must emphasize that it can be achieved either way, however. Compliance with the EULA or non-compliance shouldn't be a decision that is made by the community, as it is ultimately the owner who is affected. I've seen players time and time again make the statement, "I'm not donating for the perks, I'm donating to support the server because I've been here for ages and I want to see it succeed!" I believe the statement in and of itself is a lot more telling than originally realized, because wouldn't you want such a dedicated playerbase to be rewarded in a beneficial capacity, as a show of appreciation? I plan on donating to support the financial needs of MassiveCraft and its new endeavor regardless of what is altered or offered, but the idea of members with literally years of devotion and commitment to this community being charged monthly for just a few simple cosmetic features that truly have no real benefit, special value, and individual appreciation or recognition seems like a slap in the face to me. I believe it's time that MassiveCraft re-evaluate its donation store and try to improve and advance for the betterment of the community, to stay up to par with changing times and server competition, as well as maintain the same standard that many other servers afford to their playerbase. Either way, if MassiveCraft were to grow in capacity in the future, you're eventually going to want to entice new players to donate. Not all new players will be as devoted as oldies like us and as willing to give from the heart.

#10 Brannon, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  11. Carserus_Fehngar

Carserus_Fehngar Speaker of the House

Can we get a TL;DR ples

12. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

not how economy work

But yes, paragraph man is right. I myself have several donation packages on other servers (none paid for, all acquired ingame) that are extremely pay to win, i.e. giving you god gear every 3 days, letting you do /fix all, instant tp, etc. While Massive definitely should NOT implement anything that violates EULA, Premium definitely needs and will be getting a rework upon reset. Marty should give more details about that.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Regalia does not give a gameplay advantage so just limit regalia to premiums.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  14. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Can't.

Another part of the EU La says you can't restrict access to worlds based on donations. We would be allowed to restrict access to the server as a whole, but not individual worlds

15. Valto

Valto Staring at the sky

Massivecraft's Premium rank is parallel to Patreon subscriber benefits at the present. The subscription is meant to financially motivate the recipients to properly maintain the service and keep it fiscally viable, and the benefits are supposed to be "thank you" rewards which have value to those interested in maintaining the service.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  16. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

This idea has been rejected for simply being against the EULA.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.