House Harhold

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Jonificus, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Etymology: The name Harhold comes from the Gaekraani village which the family originates from. As to show their humble beginnings, they've chosen to wear their backwater home's name proudly.

Motto: "Though all men fear us." Words that accurately portray the notoriously vile patriarch of the House and the unsavory nature that seems to follow the family like flies to dung. Rather than changing their ways the members of House Harhold persist in their ambitions despite their horrible reputation, believing it to be a show of strength.

Values: The men and women of House Harhold have been renowned among the upper class of Anglia for their fierce loyalty and dutiful nature, long before they were even brought to the peerage. Citizens and noblemen of the Empire can say a thousand ill words of the Harholds, but neglectful, craven and treacherous will never pass their lips.

Title: Grand Archduke of Vlissinghelm

Sigil: “The Mauled Man”. An intimidating and most despicable crest featuring two black hounds mauling an enemy of the Empire on a crimson background. A golden unionist’s eye sits at the top to signify that the spirit is everwatching.

Colours: Red and black.

Physical traits: Harholds are of simple stock, its members rarely reaching beyond six feet tall, owning dirty blond hair and blue eyes. The only truly 'unique' trait of Harholds are their fittingly intimidating looks, most if not all men in the family can often be identified by strangers by their wolfish grins.

Religion: The Harholds are a staunchly unionist House. Though there are those who suspect them to only use it to justify their many morally questionable deeds there is no doubt that they truly believe in the existence and absolute holiness of the Spirit.

Business: Taxation, agriculture and livestock. The pinnacle of Anglian wealth. The western coast boasts a thriving naval industry, roperies and warehouses are found all over the waterfront of the port cities of Schoonwellendam and Vaertpoort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"There are no glorious tales of honorable feats and fantastical happenings to be found here."

-Morvran Floren, scribe to House Montagaard.

The Harholds have for generations been nothing but simple tanners, farmhands and herdsmen, hailing from the south Anglian border province of Gaekraan. It wasn't untill relatively recently that the family began spreading its wings, when the sons of Elric Harhold were taken into military service. The despicable Elric had been caught selling ill-gotten goods at unreasonable prices, to which the Bailiff demanded either an equally unreasonable fine or the levying of his two oldest sons. The greedy Elric made the decision easily, and so the boys went off to join the garrison.

Before they could even leave the homestead however, the eldest son had told the Bailiff of a cache of silvers made from previous unlawful acts. The cache was seized and the brothers' honesty was rewarded with enrollment into the school of the Bloodcast.

The years went on and the boys became men. Hardened men. The most prominent of the two, Hengest, had built himself great notoriety in his native Gaekraan for his actions against the Empire's foes and his treatment of lawbreakers. Soon enough, the heinous man had even caugh the attention of a then young Charles Montagaard, a connection that would prove essential to the family's position in the future.

His service to the House of Montagaard lasted to the end of the Archduke Charles’ life, and through the many years of diligent servitude he had become a influential and notable figure in his own right. A short while before his liege lord’s death the Harhold family was officially ennobled and the title of imperial knight was granted.

The family’s new standing in society was quickly made use of, as the Lord Hengest got himself elected to become Lord Commander Reynald Typhonus’ successor. His reign as commandant was one of violence, oppression and tyranny. Viewed as a villain rather than a protector by most, he still managed to rise to the rank of Duke.

His tenure was relatively brief however, as offers of work from higher powers had come to his attention. The Duke Harhold left the position and set upon a new ambitious path of bringing imperial favour to the Harholds.

((more to be added as I can think of more to write !))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*It has not been entirely proven that Vicenna & Aethelric do not belong to Hengest, though speculation says they are the children of the late Virathus Krupp.

Red = Deceased and or an NPC.

Green = Played.

Blue = Available to play.

Aelfric Hrothulf Harhold [225 - ], Great Uncle of the Harhold family (though viewed as a grandfather by most for simplicity.) and a reverend of the synod. [ @GoldWolfGaming ]

Elric Harhold [234 - 298], Former patriarch of the Harhold family.

Mathilda Harhold [240 - ], Wife of Elric, a mean, frail hag.

Aethelric Harhold [258 - 294], Eldest son of Elric & Mathilda, slain after a long fight with syphilis.​

Wulfric Harhold [269 - ], Fourth son of Elric and Mathilda.

Godwyna Harhold [272 - ], Second daughter of Elric and Mathilda, unwed and known for her beauty.​

Inga Harhold [267 - ], Twin sister of Egbert and the first literate Harhold in recorded history. Horsebreeder and former weaveress.​

Egbert Harhold [267 - ], Third son of Elric. The most educated member of House Harhold, serving as a quartermaster at the garrison of Gaekraan.​

Hengest Harhold [263 - ], Second son of Elric and current patriarch of the Harhold family. Renowned bodyguard and Anglian knight. [@Jonificus]​

Vivienne Héloïse Harhold nee d’Eluise [276 - ], Hengest’s young Ithanian wife. [@Ryria]​

Cwynthryth Harhold [305 -], Daughter to Vivienne & Hengest.​

Aethelric Gray [305 - ], Possible bastard son to Hengest.​

Vicenna Gray [305 - ], Possible bastard daughter to Hengest.

Agatha Harhold [283 - ], Legitimized bastard daughter of Hengest and an unknown rich man's wife from Gaekraan.

Eadwald Harhold, Legitimized bastard son of Hengest and sister of Agatha. [ @Svyatogorye ]​

Matthjis Harhold [268 -], The last son of Elric. An infamous witch hunter who has prowled the south of Anglia for years unhindered. [Reserved for @Moofins]​
    [​IMG]

Acwald Harhold [246 - ], Brother to Elric, uncle to the mainline.

Roswitha Harhold [242 -], Wife to Acwald, aunt to the mainline.​

Aedilhild Harhold [270 - ], First daughter to Acwald & Roswitha, cousin to the mainline.​

Athelric ‘The Killer’ Harhold [268 - ], First son to Acwald & Roswitha, his nickname an inside joke in the family due to the man's peaceful, leisurely nature.​

Wynstan Harhold [272 - ], Second son to Acwald & Roswitha.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not taking more applications btw!

*Please note that if you apply for a Harhold, you will have to dedicate a significant amount of time to the character. Please only apply if you are willing to do so.

OOC

IGN: (Self Explanatory.)
    What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: (Self Explanatory.)
    References: (Please ask before you tag these individuals, they could heavily influence your chances!)
    Any bans, jails or mutes?: (Self Explanatory.)
    What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: (Write what you struggle with and what you excel in!)
    Previously approved characters: (Link any previously played characters with approved applications.)
    Previous Nobility Experience: (List any noble houses you have previously been apart of or ran.)
    How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: (Self Explanatory.)
    What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: (Self Explanatory.)

IC:

Character you are applying for: (Give the characters name.)
    Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character: (Give a small paragraph describing the appearance of the character.)
    Give a detailed description of their personality: (How they react to others, to certain situations and family members.)
    Give a detailed description of their upbringing: (How they were raised, their relation to the main line and current worldviews etc.)

*Looking to play a guard? Find the Harhold House guard

*If you’re hoping to play a servant to House Harhold, please send Vivienne Harhold [Ryria] a letter in a private conversation on the forums.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Immersive Immersive x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Jonificus, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Now accepting family member and household applications! Servants, squires, guards, etc!
    Family members must take up a minimum of 50% of your activity.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

Good looking House, I wish you the best of luck! I'm interested in meeting In Game, political alliances are everything In Regalia. I learned that the hard way when I ran House Birkwood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Lets give this a go, shall we?
    IGN: @DivineBoxer
    Preferred role/character: Egbert Harhold (Preferably a name switch if I get the character.)
    Will this be a main, secondary or tertiary character?: 50/50 along side my Imperial Knight, Oliver.
    Any experience with noble/household RP?: Started off in nobility about three years ago, I've since been in houses like Norrvakt and de Santigo which have gotten me pretty far. I'm here to learn really- I wasn't much of an active role in those houses like I'd want to be with this one. I also play an Imperial Knight a lot, it seems to help me get more involved with noble roleplay as time goes on.

Skype(required): I'll hit you up with it if accepted. :)
    @Jonificus

#4 TalkChat, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

Hi! Thanks for replying, but before we give you a response please use the updated family application.

6. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Let's try this again, shall we?

OOC:

IGN: @DivineBoxer

What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: From an OOC perspective, I intend on being mature as possible, which includes following the noble codex and being less of a meme. Also, creating bonds with everyone old to new within the household from an OOC point of view wouldn’t be terrible, friends are good right? Since regaining my steps in roleplay a few months back, I believe I’m becoming a hell of a lot more serious with my roleplay, which is something I never thought would happen in a long while. So I hope this ‘seriousness’ showcases in my IC interpretation of this character- I intend on making this character loyal to House Harhold and create some fun times/events throughout the family.

References: @HydraLana @Belgrade @Scribbe @xref74 @Jouster

Any bans, jails or mutes?: None at all, let’s keep it that way.

What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: I believe that my biggest strength in roleplay is probably my comical relief aspect, but also how I can be serious when needed and maintain myself in political arguments and whatnot. Honestly, my biggest weakness has to be my attention span, if nothing is heated or somehow entertaining for me- I zone out, and it’s not just because I have ADHD or something, I just get bored /very/ easily.

Previously approved characters: Euan de Santigo, Oliver MacMahon

Previous Nobility Experience: The more notable houses include, House Norrvakt, House de Santigo, and House Viduggla. There are more, but nothing more than small houses that even I forget.

How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: School, Boxing, Wrestling. Probably a solid seven.

What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: Seven as well, because who knows

IC:

Character you are applying for: I’m going to shoot for ole Acwald Harhold here.

Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character: Ackwald Harhold would have slight graying throughout his short, dirty blond hair. Unsurprisingly, the man was known for sporting the family colors throughout his life, though he has only recently begun wearing his clothing in an imperialist fashion come his arrival into Regalia. The man was an older Harhold, equipped with an intimidating, confident stance that is known well throughout the family. Though during a hunting accident back in Anglia the man has had a certain limp to his step which still to this day gives him trouble walking well running has become out of the question for the middle-aged man. (More to be added if accepted.)

Give a detailed description of their personality: Ackwald Harhold can be considered aggressive at times as the man holds his morals of integrity highly and above all else. It is clear that Ackwald finds his peace with his family and that he seemingly always tries to back them up- even if they may be in the wrong. (More to be added if accepted.)

Give a detailed description of their upbringing: Ackwald and Elric were close to one another, yet so different from each other. The harsh upbringing of the two wasn’t so harsh for Ackwald as it must’ve been for Elric, as his brother would do most of the heavy lifting and willingly take the punishments for Ackwald in his early years. Though more years past and Elric and himself grew further apart and older from one another to the point where Ackwald didn’t fully understand his own brother's intentions. Not until recent years have the two spoken (or in the lasting years of Elric’s life because I’m not sure if he’s deceased or not) and seemingly started mending their past, supporting each other. Now Ackwald focuses on Hengest, the oldest son of Elric in hopes he will continue to surpass his father in ways he can only imagine. (More in-depth detail to be added if accepted, more background information to be filled.)

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #6 TalkChat, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  7. Ryria

Accepted for a trial, the trial ends when we feel we have enough information to judge how you would portray the character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ryria

Hi there! We're going to be rejecting this application due to some unsettling things we've heard about you. Feel free to reapply in a months time!

On another note, Acwald Harhold is now up to play once again due to DivineBoxer deciding he wouldn't like to trial the character. Anyone is free to apply for him.

9. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

OOC

IGN: HeyoFreyo
    What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: On an OOC level I feel that I could help with family matters, for example if there was any events or an important decision to be made, I could possibly lend my assistance. On an IC level I feel like I could bring interesting roleplay sscenarios as well as fun ones.
    References: @NZ_Phoenix @DeltaInsomnia @HeyoBiggums
    Any bans, jails or mutes?: Nope.
    What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: My biggest strength would be my dedication to the characters that I roleplay. When I was fairly knew to the server, I had commitment issues with characters, but I think that was all just apart of me trying to figure out what roleplay I was/am good at. My biggest weakness would be motivation to type lengthy and/or very detailed emotes/Reponses. Of course, when the time comes I won't have any problem typing up a lengthy emote and/or response.
    Previously approved characters: Brynn, Eistir, Caithel

Previous Nobility Experience: Valeur(Trial, quit due to timezones), Coen/Howlester(Trial, quit due to not really having a lot of freedom with character.), d'Ortonnaise(Trial, but quit due to stress of the requirements), Capecci(Owned), Ingaard/Ignace(Was accepted but I didn't feel comfortable with playing the character as I felt that I didn't qualify for it). Blackwater(Family died out). Haagenvig(Shelved character).
    How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: 6
    What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: 7

IC:

Character you are applying for: Godwyna Liselotte Harhold

Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character:
    Godwyna is a ravishing yet intimidating looking woman for her age, as she doesn't look too young nor too old. Her hair is a honey colored wavy mess, and her eyes a nice ocean blue color. Her skin is the perfect pale ailor color, and her height just above 5'4''. Her body shape is Femmefatale, giving her a bigger bust as well as wider hips and a skinny waist.

Give a detailed description of their personality:
    Godwyna is very judgmental and hardheaded when it comes to dealing with people that are at a lower wealth than herself. When it comes to dealing with other nobles and/or high nobles she is very polite and respectful as she wishes to keep a good image within the aristocratic society. Aside from being respectful, judgmental, hardheaded, and polite. Godwyna is also very narcissistic when it comes to her looks. She thinks she is the prettiest full blooded Harhold there is. Along with all of these traits, Godwyna is also very loyal when it comes to close friends and family. If there are secrets that she knows, they will remain secrets. This meaning, Godwyna will get herself thrown in jail just to protect her and her families image.

Give a detailed description of their upbringing:
    Since being a female in the Harhold family, they are taught to respect the men of the family. As most of the Harhold women, Godwyna was taught proper etiquette for most of her child hood from age five to fourteen. After her fifteenth birthday, Godwyna decided to go through the School of Medicine in order to become a Physician. This being said, now that Godwyna has arrived to Regalia, she plans on becoming an Imperial Physician as well as joining the Saw Bones clinic. But before she decided on these plans, she originally wanted to become a horse breeder like her older sister Inga. But after watching what horse breeders actually do, Godwyna change her mind fast. At age twenty-five, Godwyna completed all ten years and graduated from the School of Medicine. After that, she went on working for clinics in the Province of Gaekraan for six more years. At the age of thirty-one, Godwyna became an Expert within the School making it a breeze for her to handle surgeries and simple gashes. Now, at age thirty-three, Godwyna has moved to Regalia to join her family, meet her new sister-in-law, and become an Imperial Physician.

@Ryria @Jonificus

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Still recruiting family members, courtiers and guards! You will be heavily supplied with memorable RP, all kinds of opportunities and a great entrance into the noble scene if you're new to it!

And also! We're in need of a new captain of the guard so if that would suit your tastes then come join the richest non-Kade House around!

Feel free to PM me or @Ryria any questions you may have or simply post them here.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Ryria

After much consideration, Jonas and I have decided to reject this application.

12. Motherland

Motherland The forgotten ancient

i love the little detail for the paragraph boarders, is that an actual mauled off arm?

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Indeed. The arm of the man on the crest.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  14. ylmadness

ylmadness Hannibal ante portas

OOC

IGN: YLMadness
    What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: I believe I can bring a competent tertiary sphere of influence to the family, one that I believe I became very well accustomed to doing in previous families. With Agatha concerned with internal state politics and Hengest very much a powerful political actor, I would focus more on the local martial elements of the family that Hengest may have shifted his attention away from. Depending on the roles you see befitting the character I have chosen, I believe that I have good variety of competencies that range from martial/combat aspects to heavily political and family based interactions.
    References: @Mooffins @Tiber_ @xref74
    Any bans, jails or mutes?: None
    What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: My biggest strength is that I don't hold back with characters, particularly during interactions with others in what could be considered a risky scenario. I am willing to put a lot more on the line than most, whether that be politically or in combat which I think makes for more interesting and more controversial situations and stories. My biggest weakness is that I can get bored easily. Now, this is a problem that I have faced very recently but there are exceptions to this rule. Gerold, for example, was my longest standing character that I thoroughly enjoyed and whom I dropped only because of the Ravenstad's situation. If I don't find a character that I can get my teeth into, I will inevitably get bored, but if I design the character right and am given the opportunity to drive my RP the way I like to drive it, such as with Gerold, I don't get bored.
    Previously approved characters: Gerold | Cro-Allar
    Previous Nobility Experience: Ravenstad most predominantly with Gerold, Constance and Merovech.
    How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: Currently, 7/10. However with my Summer starting this coming week and the end of University for good, that will inevitably increase.
    What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: 8/10 but it's all in the eye of the beholder, is it not.

IC:

Character you are applying for: Athelric 'The Killer' Harhold
    Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character: A scarred, bruised, wrinkled and weathered face would make Athelric stand out from a crowd, with his large and brutish head sat upon a thick neck. Dirty blonde hair shaped into a strange and iconic style that sits atop his head like a crest, shaved down to skin at the back in a controlled but peculiar fashion, linking at the sideburns to a thick and pointed beard. Somehow his head, despite its unique and gruesome appearance, would not be his defining feature however, as the man would bear only one full arm with the second severed below the elbow. His blunted arm is left with only a wooden thread for him to screw on useful tools such as various hooks, hammers or weapon-heads. The man, wide and broad would stand at a relatively conservative 6'1" with a muscular body-type that would be boosted by the thick and padded clothing that he preferred over lavish or flowing garments. Another signature feature would be the abundance of thick, black-ink tattoos spread across his torso and arms in indiscernible patterns and images along with the two black-paint spots around each of his eyes, replicating an Anglian twist on the Velheim culture's war-paint.
    Give a detailed description of their personality: A strange and insufferable man at times, Athelric would be a mystery to all that knew him and even more so to those that only made his acquaintance. His ridiculous appearance would conjure thoughts of a brutal and fearsome man but in person he would appear incredibly delusional, docile but intimidating. His confusing nature is owed to the fact that at times not a word would escape the man for hours and at others those around him would not be able to get him to shut up. Athelric is well known for occasionally spouting philosophical nonsense that to many sounds like the pessimistic albeit manic ravings of a nut-case, however, at times the man would come to moments of clarity that remain surprising, even to the Harhold's. A fiercely loyal man to those that he believes serve a higher purpose makes him a phenomenal ally to many but his difficult personality, his uncompromisingly grumpy outlook and his general desire to remain busy make him a frustrating individual to be around. Despite his appearance and his reputation for violence, the Athelric takes a no-nonsense albeit measured approach to aggravation and altercations. He is considered a master of getting into peoples' heads and winding them up that he often avoids meaningless conflict simply by employing confusing and often brutal language to psych his opponents out. The nickname 'The Killer' would be as much in jest as it would be serious, for no Harhold would ever mutter the name without a wry smile to accompany it. Much like a reputation that could never be proven, the name 'The Killer' would come with stories of murder, beatings and slaughter that would never quite stay the same for anyone that told them, but for sure Athelric's nickname was given for some reason.
    Give a detailed description of their upbringing: Athelric was born to Acwald and Roswitha Harhold, a somewhat troublesome boy that liked to steal and beat other children whilst his parents worked. As grain farmers, the second-line Harhold's were hard-working people but their son continued to prove a menace in the local fief. His mischief was endless and his punishments constant, as it seemed Athelric enjoyed the prospect of being caught in order to challenge the village Lords to come up with a new punishment that would inevitably fail in its purpose. For years as a young boy he was forced to work the fields with his father for whom, despite his rowdy nature, he held a great deal of respect for. It wasn't until a family gathering brought Athelric into contact with the rest of the Harhold family in his teenage years, an event that saw him become familiar with Egbert Harhold. Egbert saw use in the similarly aged Athelric and found his mischief amusing, thus leading to him inviting the man to Gaekraan. Egbert encouraged Athelric to join the levy garrison at the Montagaard keep but the boy could not control his mischief and after being caught in an altercation with a local levy-man who claimed Athelric had forced himself upon his daughter, the Lord Montagaard had Athelric's arm removed from below the elbow to serve as a permanent punishment. Cast out of Gaekraan, Athelric turned to a local force of Blackmark mercenaries that had spent time resting in Gaekraan and wasted no time in joining them. As years went by and the man's reputation grew within the mercenary Blackmarks that he wandered with, Athelric finally came into contact with Hengest in Regalia during a brief rest-over for his mercenary band. It became clear that Athelric was willing to serve the Harhold family and alongside his small mercenary band, joined the Harhold regiments. Athelric gained the nickname 'The Killer' by serving as a thug for Hengest across the lands of Vlissinghelm. Whilst Hengest took up his position in Regalia, Athelric was cut out as an iconic figure of menace and violence, riding a black horse through the Harhold lands with his small mercenary band, collecting debts to the Lord and punishing those that defied House Harhold.

@Jonificus @Ryria

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Approved for a one month trial, have fun !

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    #15 Jonificus, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  16. Xref74

Xref74 Refugee

OOC

IGN: Xref74.
    What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: IC I believe I could offer some interesting and fun roleplay for all family members, while also creating a story arc that other family members and servants can hopefully be involved in. On an OOC level I'm willing to contribute anything you need to help run the family.
    References: @YLMadness @Tiber_ @Patsie @Goldifish @SupremeCripple @Theoderic @Borkwood
    @GoldWolfGaming
    Any bans, jails or mutes?: None.
    What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: My biggest roleplay strength in my opinion is my CRP, while my biggest weakness would probably be not being able to initiate/continue a conversation with some characters.
    Previously approved characters:
    Maximus Krupp “the Stalwart”.
    Previous Nobility Experience: I've had experience in House Birkwood, House Heinrich and House Krupp.
    How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: 8
    What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: 7.5

IC
    Character you are applying for
    : Wulfric Harhold.

Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character
    : Standing at 6ft with a muscular body, Wulfric has a fairly intimidating appearance. His face is clean shaven, which helps highlight the signature Harhold smile and also his dark green eyes. He also has a scar that runs across the left side of face which is slightly shadowed by his hair. Other than that, he can usually be seen wearing long dark coats or a set of Villiers-Eclaire armour.

Give a detailed description of their personality
    : While his appearance may cause some to hesitate before speaking to him, he can be a fairly decent individual at times, if you're Human that is. Being a strong follower of the Neo-Bulwark Church, he has a burning hatred for anything non-Ailor that isn't in direct service to his family or the Kade Court. However, having been attacked unprovoked by a gang of non-Ailor in his younger years, his hatred does not only spout from him being a Neo-Bulwarkist. It is common knowledge within his family that he can be a dangerous individual at the best of times and that he is willing to take big risks for very little reward, all it takes is someone to say something wrong and his entire personality can switch in the blink of an eye. Obsessed with the Church and the Imperial Spirit, Wulfric can be caught conversing with thin air at times, though it's unknown whether or not he's actually speaking with something or not. He often claims that the Spirit is telling him to do things, no matter how questionable the act. His family on the other hand are well aware of this situation, but have never acted on it.

Born on the winter of 269AC, Wulfric was the fourth child of Eleric and Mathilda Harhold. For a good proportion of his younger life, Wulfric was pushed aside and ignored by his family, only to be spoken to when he was required to do something or it was time for food. Obviously, this was bound to have a negative impact on the young lads life. Much like his cousin, Wulfric also found less desirable ways to entertain himself. Such as killing other farmers cattle and setting fire to fields. Of course, this was a problem for the local farmers to say the least and like any other person would, they attempted to fix the problem by sending a group of non-Ailor to “sort him out”. Days passed before the beaten and bruised Wulfric returned home to no welcoming or help, it took him a total of 25 minutes to leave home, 10 minutes to pack his stuff and 15 to round up the farmers and burn them in a field. For the next few years, Wulfric trained to become a knight of the Church, more specifically a knight of the order of Villiers-Eclaire. Here he was taught how to properly root out a heretic and protect the Unionist Faith, which resulted in him travelling with many different Reverends around Regalia to teach and enforce the faith. Until one day his work brought him to Regalia, where he was finally reunited with his family. From there on he joined Hengest during the Songaskian war, helping him ransack religious sites.
    @Jonificus

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #16 Xref74, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  17. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

IGN: Vivamente.

What do you feel you would contribute to House Harhold on an OOC and IC Level?: My idea for the character that I am currently designing is a Militaristic Character, one to be brought into the Marshalry Cabinet as either a General or a Field Commander. - I understand that Hengest has commanded armies in the past and this could make a fantastic combination of two Harholds alongside one another if my character takes on a Field Commander role under Hengest.

References: @BillyTheScroofy - @Ailethi - @festiveCorvid - @Anarchizm

Any bans, jails or mutes?: Previously, though the record has long since been erased. I am more than happy to speak to you about them however.

What is your biggest strength and weakness in roleplay?: I struggle with small-talk type roleplay, I cannot maintain chatter about the latest fashion in Regalia and I genuinely don’t have much of a care IC’ly or OOC’ly about someone’s IC pet.

In terms of my strength, it would be combat roleplay. I am known mostly for my roles in several guard orders, having been a Guard Commander as Aurelius Krupp and most recently the Royal Guard Commander as Alexander Dunmore. I am also well suited to the intimidation side of roleplay as made apparent by when I’ve joined voice chats and people have actually told me they are afraid.

Previously approved characters: Alexander Dunmore - Ruaridh Dunmore - Aurelius Krupp.

Previous Nobility Experience: (Most Recent to First Attempts) - House Dunmore, House Krupp, House Peirgarten, House Ravenstad.

How would you rate your activity level on a scale or 1-10?: Seven out of Ten. - I have a tight schedule at work currently due to other members of my department quitting. This has left me in charge of a department as well as running it solo for the time being.

What would you rate your roleplay on a scale of 1-10?: Seven out of Ten. - I wouldn’t call myself the best, every stage of life is learning and the more I roleplay the more I learn. You’ve seen me roleplay in the past and hopefully my references will give a good idea of how I work in roleplay.

Character you are applying for: Regulus Allestrain Harhold.
    Give a detailed description of the appearance of the character: An older gentleman, between his forties and fifties. He has a dark head of hair and rough features, as to be expected from an Anglian, though he is greying in some areas. He wears outfits fitting of a military tactician.

Give a detailed description of their personality: Regulus is designed to be a strict and scheduled character, he would show kindness to his family at times, warmer feelings if you will. Overall, he wouldn’t give those below him the time of day, keeping things short and to the point. Those on his level, members of the peerage who seek to converse with him would be met with relative interest should they have a topic that catches his attention. Overall, he dislikes small talk and prefers to be working more than anything else.

Regulus, being a cousin to Hengest was brought up separately from the mainline. His father was strict, as to be expected of a Harhold; unforgiving in his words and actions. Beatings were frequent if the boy stepped out of line, though he was taught how he would act and speak from the get-go. At the age of nine he’d have gone to live with his Great Uncle, Aelfric Harhold to improve his outlook on Unionism and leading to his learning of Sanktist Ritualism.

He remained with the elderly gentleman until he was in his late teens, around 17 to be exact before his father had him shipped off to learn at the School of Marshalry. - He begun studying Field Command along with starting lessons in Longsword Combat for if he ever Graduated. Once he had graduated in his 22nd year of life he travelled to Regalia to learn to fight as a Bloodcast Knight, though he does not consider himself one of the Knights, having went to the school for the combat technique rather than the title of ‘Knight’. He left the Bloodcast Order in his 37th year of life and to this day he has served in the Marshalry Cabinet in lower positions, though with the Harholds rising to power he seeks to gain higher positions within the Cabinet.

#17 Vivamente, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  18. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Unfortunately we're not taking more applications. Invite only for now.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1