Archived Add Shulker Boxes Poll

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that most of the server population would like to see Shulker Boxes boxes implemented and the potential benefits to the server are HUGE and include but are not limited to:

- MUCH less server lag due to more items being stored in ONE chest instead of vast vaults
- HUGE payouts to Raiders in Survival if they kill someone with a shulker box
-decorative value
-Economey booster - If staff made shulker spawns VERY rare a shulker chest could be worth 10k regals easily

-The ONLY downside staff are worried about is players putting shulker boxes in their backpack BUT if everyone could do it it would just be normal and would not affect anything

shulker-boxes-2.jpg

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The notion that staff dont want to add shulker boxes is incorrect. Its just finding the right balance so we dont stop having to have storages in the survival worlds. The players want it and (im certain) the staff want it too. Its just a tech thing that needs to really happen before they are implemented.

I'd welcome shulker boxes for the sake of decoration. Though they are really a great question when it comes to lag, especially in Regalia.

I think that shulker boxes should be fine and should have the same permissions as any normal chest (ie, no using in regalia since they do cause lag)

I see the benefit of making vaults smaller than before, and if a player wants to have 54 shuker boxes in their backpack, good for them. Eventually they'll have to go to survival to open them, so there's a tradeoff.

Though they are really a great question when it comes to lag, especially in Regalia.
I think that shulker boxes should be fine and should have the same permissions as any normal chest (ie, no using in regalia since they do cause lag)

"They cause lag" Quietly glances at how staff use them as decoration at essentially every bend and corner. Ah, yeah. Well, guess we can't use them. Too much lag.

"They cause lag" Quietly glances at how staff use them as decoration at essentially every bend and corner. Ah, yeah. Well, guess we can't use them. Too much lag.
a few here and there vs the floor of shulker boxes in a region because making a faction is hard

Vaults make it more realistic, but I'd welcome an open debate on this

They dont cause that much lag. The only thing that has to really happen is to make them NOT be able to be placed in backpacks or enderchests. That is my only thing i think needs to happen

They dont cause that much lag. The only thing that has to really happen is to make them NOT be able to be placed in backpacks or enderchests. That is my only thing i think needs to happen
Completely agree! They are useful but abuse or potential of them needs combatted first

Ok well that is actually a good point

Indeed. The issue is, there'll always be that-one-player. Take banners for example. They are fine if there's 10-20 every chunk but you'll have that-one-player who would fill a regalian rental home with 50+ banners.

I'd love to have Shulker Boxes enabled, but, in versions 1.11+ Shulker Boxes are used to duplicate items. The issue lies in the game version themselves and the Tech department won't be able to patch the issue server-side.

I dislike shulker boxes. They are a great mechanic and very fun, but they are a little too OP for my taste and ruin the medieval environment. I do like the notion of more rewards for raiders if you kill someone with a shulker box, but thats not gonna happen if people can store 27 inventories in their backpack using shulker boxes

if staff edit shulker boxes to only hold 5 slots i'd consider it though!

I'd love to have Shulker Boxes enabled, but, in versions 1.11+ Shulker Boxes are used to duplicate items. The issue lies in the game version themselves and the Tech department won't be able to patch the issue server-side.

Yes, if there is a duplication bug we will not release shulker boxes unless we can combat the issue server side.

if staff edit shulker boxes to only hold 5 slots i'd consider it though!

This is the goal, to make them available but to limit how many can be placed in your inventory, bp, and enderchest.

Both of the above require tech support to resolve and we are currently limited due to the members of the tech department currently having very limited availability.

Yes, if there is a duplication bug we will not release shulker boxes unless we can combat the issue server side.

This is the goal, to make them available but to limit how many can be placed in your inventory, bp, and enderchest.

Both of the above require tech support to resolve and we are currently limited due to the members of the tech department currently having very limited availability.
well, two things. 1. I believe that shulkers are used with another duplication glitch to duplicate more than one item at a time, and I was suggesting that shulkers just have a hopper's inventory space. I would be assuming that the shulkers would be rare enough so nobody would have 20 of them, but another limit would also help. Idk, maybe slowness when that happens

well, two things. 1. I believe that shulkers are used with another duplication glitch to duplicate more than one item at a time, and I was suggesting that shulkers just have a hopper's inventory space. I would be assuming that the shulkers would be rare enough so nobody would have 20 of them, but another limit would also help. Idk, maybe slowness when that happens

If you are referring to the duplication glitch related to the crafting table in 1.11 - this was already patched on our end. If there is another way to dupe items, a private report to staff about what it is is always welcome so we can be sure it isn't abused on the server.

If you are referring to the duplication glitch related to the crafting table in 1.11 - this was already patched on our end. If there is another way to dupe items, a private report to staff about what it is is always welcome so we can be sure it isn't abused on the server.
oh, well I knew about a few that were already patched on minecraft's end. Besides, they used nether and end portals and thats not a problem on massive...

is it?

as for the working glitches... I'm busy using them, the staff can wait their turn.

jk jk plz no ban