Archived A Change To Ender Pearls

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Celeras

Pioneer
Reaction score
Ender pearls have always been way too over powered in my opinion. But I came across this plugin that changes their function slightly.

Here's an except from the page on Bukkit.org
EnderTP allows you to teleport around your world using EnderPearls. To teleport simply right-click when holding an EnderPearl and you will teleport to the block you are looking at.
EnderPearls will break after the amount of uses set in the config file.

Features:
  • Teleport using EnderPearls
  • Right-click to teleport, left-click to see how many uses are left
  • EnderPearls break after a set amount of uses
  • Smoke and portal effect when teleporting
  • Configurable amount of uses and teleport distance
  • Configurable messages upon teleporting and the EnderPearl breaking

With this plugin it would be harder to teleport over walls or out of sight from attackers plus there is a configurable amount of times players can use a single pearl (if desired). It doesn't say in the description but there is also a maximum distance that can be set in the configuration as well as a few other cosmetic things.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I honestly don't see much of a difference between this and the current way ender pearls work, other than pearls not getting used every single time.

I honestly don't see much of a difference between this and the current way ender pearls work, other than pearls not getting used every single time.
It teleports you to the block you are looking at instead of throwing the ender pearl and teleporting to where it lands. This makes it so you can't throw the ender pearl behind objects and then teleport into areas that you can't see.

It teleports you to the block you are looking at instead of throwing the ender pearl and teleporting to where it lands. This makes it so you can't throw the ender pearl behind objects and then teleport into areas that you can't see.
That's just stupid... It would just make it so you can't go over walls, making a lot of bases unraidable and encouraging the ugly cobble walls that are 200 blocks tall.

That's just stupid... It would just make it so you can't go over walls, making a lot of bases unraidable and encouraging the ugly cobble walls that are 200 blocks tall.

Actually the system as it is right now encourages ugly cobble walls. Since cannons are gone, all you need is a wall 40 blocks high and 2 or 3 chunks of claimed buffer zone. Either way, if somebody wants to make a wall like that, they can and will do it. I'd argue that this idea would allow more creativity in walls since you wouldn't have to worry about ledges sticking out for someone to throw an ender pearl onto.

I think ender pearl cooldown should be lowered to 5 seconds not 15.

Only change I want.

Only change I want.
I agree with @Jackmo_Jones. Although changes to ender pearls in general are a good idea, in my opinion I think that this plug-in is going in the wrong direction. The whole point of ender pearls in massive is to be able to go over walls. Because of the 15 second limit (which I agree should be lowered to 5 seconds) you really can't do much with ender pearls anyway

Only change I want.
Eh. Personally, I think it's too easy to run away and get pacifist as it is, but that's not really the point of this thread, so I'll refrain from discussing that here.

Personally, I don't see anything at all wrong with the way ender pearls currently work.

I agree with @Jackmo_Jones. Although changes to ender pearls in general are a good idea, in my opinion I think that this plug-in is going in the wrong direction. The whole point of ender pearls in massive is to be able to go over walls. Because of the 15 second limit (which I agree should be lowered to 5 seconds) you really can't do much with ender pearls anyway

Its really easy to get over walls... I don't understand how you can say you really can't do much with them.

How is it overpowered being able to go over walls? People can already sit in a house or stay underground and be perfectly safe anyways, provided the faction doesn't have any security issues for people to exploit. And it isn't that easy to teleport away from attackers with pearls as they are now, since they have a travel time and the attacker can usually predict the general area where it's going to land, and most attackers would also have pearls on their hotbar.

It's not overpowered. But other than jumping walls that's pretty much it's only function.

Bring back no pearl cool down plis I wanna spam my pearls again

Edit: I should probably notify, that the old system made you lose pacifist when you threw a pearl, regardless of where it landed, without the cool down timer. This made pearling somewhat risky and definitely meant that more loot was being distributed in PvP. For people who thought this was a joke, I genuinely preferred the old system.

Last edited: