Archived Recruitment Chat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
Suggestion: A recruitment chat(r) for faction leaders/officers looking for new players that want to join a faction. The color for the chat labels, at least in my opinion, should be &3(Aquamarine). The cooldown time should be 20 seconds.
Reasons/Benefits:
  • Will stop the constant spam in Global of people wanting to recruit, and people wanting to be recruited
  • Will make it so that recruitment is more focused and easier for people to find a good faction for them or for leaders/officers wanting to find people
  • Will have a good impression on new players that just joined the server, as it is very organized and easy to use

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Going to revive this thread as it has been about half a week since the last post. Still looking for a clear, staff-supported response to this suggestion, as well as feedback on it as well.

Reviving thread again as it seems no Direction staff have responded to this suggestion.

OK, I have added this to my TODO list. I might not add it at once, probably rather in a couple of weeks but it will get added.

Suported!

Aquamarine would make a great color, And the idea doesn't seem bad at all!

____'Aris Stamp Of Aproval'___

I say that &c or red would be a good colour, it is bright, but not to gaudy. It will grab new players attention and allow people to recognise it from a glance.

Suported!

Aquamarine would make a great color, And the idea doesn't seem bad at all!

____'Aris Stamp Of Aproval'___

Suggestion: A recruitment chat(r) for faction leaders/officers looking for new players that want to join a faction. The color for the chat labels, at least in my opinion, should be &3(Aquamarine). The cooldown time should be 20 seconds.
Reasons/Benefits:
  • Will stop the constant spam in Global of people wanting to recruit, and people wanting to be recruited
  • Will make it so that recruitment is more focused and easier for people to find a good faction for them or for leaders/officers wanting to find people
  • Will have a good impression on new players that just joined the server, as it is very organized and easy to use

Maybe let un-factioned members have a special chat (or let them talk in said chat) say "hey i dont have a fac. and i need one"

I'm wondering if Cayorion could possibly put MassiveChat's source code up on GitHub, as I cannot find it in the MassiveCraft user. This way I can(try) to add in the recruitment chat and present the code to Cayorion for corrections and guidance. Other than that, any other suggestions?

I'm not sure about this, but perhaps per chance per maybe you will find the answers you seek in the Factions plugin source code? I assume Ally and Faction chat are built in.

Also another suggestion
Maybe the recruitment chat timer be 5-10 minutes, or even longer?
In general in a mere 3 minutes I see 6 recruitment messages which is just annoying and spammy

And this is me spamming Support.
Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.