Archived [pluggin Suggestion] Massive Items - Roleplay And Lore Influenced Gear!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackeo

Architect
Reaction score
Faction
Kinwrey
I have thought up a idea that would help increase the Roleplay on this server through items. As many know we currently have Holy Water, A splash potion used to fight vampires that isn't in Vanilla Minecraft. So why don't we make other cool Items? Well, I believe since Cayorion has special crafting recipes (For instance upcoming horse armor) that it is possible to code in new crafting recipes. So my Idea is that if you craft items in certain ways you get a new item, for instance a Dwarven Axe. Though these words are not enough to explain this idea. So for the readers convience I have added pictures to thoroughly explain my idea.

Now that you have seen what I mean I hope you think this is a good idea. The Names, descriptions and crafting recipes will most likely be changed if the staff wish to create such a pluggin. Even if just a few crafting recipes are added after many new races come out Massivecraft may one day have a whole list of custom crafting recipes which would make the server so much more unique then it already is. Thank you for taking your time to read.

**UPDATE**

Do to the great feedback on this I have added a new Idea as seen in the photo bellow.

Basically, I added a new enchantment called Dwarven Swing. This enchantment isn't in normal Minecraft, It is basically a enchantment with a NBT change and the enchantment doesn't do anything. This rebalances the item because well, The enchantment doesn't do anything, It just looks cool.

Also here is something I don't think a crafting recipe should be made for I just made it for fun showing some more special enchantments I made.

[Everything seen in the Photos is in Normal Minecraft, no mod's used what so ever.]

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To all whom support this suggestion:

I talked to cayorion and it is completly possible to create such items. It would be very interresting to create such items and even more for you guys, but there is no real need for this as off now. Cayorion and the team will not focus on adding new things that enhance the game in the near future, we rather focus on marketing and solving some bugs.

That being said, it is possible that we create such plugin in the future but deffinitly not now.

To all whom support this suggestion:

I talked to cayorion and it is completly possible to create such items. It would be very interresting to create such items and even more for you guys, but there is no real need for this as off now. Cayorion and the team will not focus on adding new things that enhance the game in the near future, we rather focus on marketing and solving some bugs.

That being said, it is possible that we create such plugin in the future but deffinitly not now.
Thank you so much. It is good to hear my suggestion was actually considered.

Mmm probably is possible, maybe not with a plugin out there already but I think there are bukkit events that can be coded. I'll look into it sometime this week.

There is a plugin called the "Grappling hook" And it works on this principle. Maybe have a look at that coding and see how it works roughly?

How about instead of these recipes, just have the enchantments inherited by the race.

for example, any elf wielding a bow will have Infinity I Power I, even on a normal bow.

i can only imagine the rp,"hmm yes! i use my dwarven axe with the swinging power of dwarves and cut you to pieces hm hm hm!"

If this gets implemented i cant wait to see all the names and weapons,i agree with the squid

{DIDN'T READ CHAT, SORRY.}

How about a crossbow!? We need crossbows of course. In the caveman times (sorry to go all prehistoric) they had a simple version of a crossbow. Why not make one for all races? Humans and others are able to wield this weapon, plus although I am a vamp (thinking of curing) it could shoot stakes at the vampires easier. It's like a bow basically.

{DIDN'T READ CHAT, SORRY.}

How about a crossbow!? We need crossbows of course. In the caveman times (sorry to go all prehistoric) they had a simple version of a crossbow. Why not make one for all races? Humans and others are able to wield this weapon, plus although I am a vamp (thinking of curing) it could shoot stakes at the vampires easier. It's like a bow basically.

You can't add new items. this suggestion is just modified items that already exist.

I have thought up a idea that would help increase the Roleplay on this server through items. As many know we currently have Holy Water, A splash potion used to fight vampires that isn't in Vanilla Minecraft. So why don't we make other cool Items? Well, I believe since Cayorion has special crafting recipes (For instance upcoming horse armor) that it is possible to code in new crafting recipes. So my Idea is that if you craft items in certain ways you get a new item, for instance a Dwarven Axe. Though these words are not enough to explain this idea. So for the readers convience I have added pictures to thoroughly explain my idea.

Now that you have seen what I mean I hope you think this is a good idea. The Names, descriptions and crafting recipes will most likely be changed if the staff wish to create such a pluggin. Even if just a few crafting recipes are added after many new races come out Massivecraft may one day have a whole list of custom crafting recipes which would make the server so much more unique then it already is. Thank you for taking your time to read.

**UPDATE**

Do to the great feedback on this I have added a new Idea as seen in the photo bellow.

Basically, I added a new enchantment called Dwarven Swing. This enchantment isn't in normal Minecraft, It is basically a enchantment with a NBT change and the enchantment doesn't do anything. This rebalances the item because well, The enchantment doesn't do anything, It just looks cool.

Also here is something I don't think a crafting recipe should be made for I just made it for fun showing some more special enchantments I made.

[Everything seen in the Photos is in Normal Minecraft, no mod's used what so ever.]

Again, good idea, but there should be something for every race, like Naga is lacking quite a lot here, almost being forgotten entirely.
So it's a nice idea, just make something for us Serpentine too. ^__^

I. Want. These. Weapons. Nao. Make. Them. Happen. Or. I. Will. EXPLODE. SSSSSSSSSSSS-BOOOOOOM!

But seriously, wow. I would kill to get these (figuratively of course) added to the game. I assume, though, that they would have superior/equal durability to their diamond counterparts? I saw Iron and Diamond used in all of them, after all.

Wait, so we shouldn't really kill someone for this?
Mech, you gotta help me hide something.

Again, good idea, but there should be something for every race, like Naga is lacking quite a lot here, almost being forgotten entirely.
So it's a nice idea, just make something for us Serpentine too. ^__^
If said before if that these items were just thought up out of my mind. If this is added I do plan to think of some for each race.

And then it becomes a premium feature...

*Face-Keyboard*
t6g5vbdliavhebfhcrbfhabrgbrv;aernvirebg

I like this but i feel only the race that the weapon is related to should be able to craft it.

Yanar; re-usable bone meal.
Yanar and reusable bonemeal? sounds bad, maybe yanar can brew potions of yanar herbs and it has healing enchants, crafted by an awkward potion and roses, also tigrans should get leather boots of speed since cats and cheetas run fast. naga should get swords of poison which give poison, made by an iron sword pattern but spider eyes on the sides? and vespid should get infestation swords, which cause weakness? if frostmane and qadir get added frost mane should get frozen swords made by an iron sword pattern but instead of iron, ice. also the lore should say, elf: stuff stuff stuff Weapon of choice: elven bow. something like that or for armor maiar: armor of choice: maiar helmet. i support the weaker and sometimes forgotten races!

Sounds pretty intriguing. Yes, I think you should add these to the game, would help with roleplay.

First weapon shown is for the Orcs! Bahahhahaha! Orcs shall prevail indeed! Thank you for the shout out MrWackeo. Your my favourite human! :D :D

Yanar and reusable bonemeal? sounds bad, maybe yanar can brew potions of yanar herbs and it has healing enchants, crafted by an awkward potion and roses, also tigrans should get leather boots of speed since cats and cheetas run fast. naga should get swords of poison which give poison, made by an iron sword pattern but spider eyes on the sides? and vespid should get infestation swords, which cause weakness? if frostmane and qadir get added frost mane should get frozen swords made by an iron sword pattern but instead of iron, ice. also the lore should say, elf: stuff stuff stuff Weapon of choice: elven bow. something like that or for armor maiar: armor of choice: maiar helmet. i support the weaker and sometimes forgotten races!
Or we could maybe not. Don't say all of your suggestions to me, plus; Naga don't need a sword to inflict poison. There are no Yanar herbs, speed potions work as boots. Vespid don't need weakness-swords and in the El ish lore bow is typpically there akin weapon.

After reading it again, I am pretty sure my idea sounds good and yours bad. After all , my idea is not Complex and OP. however yousis.

It would be cool if these items had different looks as well, sorta like how certain blocks look different in regalia for designs.

As much as I love elves I want something besides a bow. Bows are boring to me but I always have my enchanted books :D

After reading it again, I am pretty sure my idea sounds good and yours bad. After all , my idea is not Complex and OP. however yousis.
i dont mind about the other ideas, but your saying yanar can instantly and constantly grow infinite wheat? it cant be reusable, it doesn't go with the lore either, so since they have healing skills the healing potion (regeneration and insta health) i think would better suit yanar than over powered bonemeal

Do keep in mind though, a pathetically renamed blade for Naga and Sharp I on it are pretty poor. Keep in mind the Naga here, the only bonus we have is we don't get poisoned. Otherwise, we're still pretty weak. I kinda like the poison idea, however it should be set so there is low chance of poison {5% chance, like Vampire intent} and the poison doesn't last longer than 25 seconds. Plus, since Vespids are based on bees and the Driver Ant, I kinda like how it weakens the enemy. A ton of bees stinging you, eventually the venom from the sting is going to get to you, but again, it shouldn't last too long and it should have a low chance, again like 5% as though the Vampire intent. And the idea only the same classes can use the certain items are pretty neat too, it certainly prevents premiums from raiding everyone with every single tool there is there. And if you are a race and you hold the item, it drops out of your hand on the ground or goes back into your inventory. Because a ton of Vespids running into battle with an Orcish axe is really going to ruin warfare very fast.

I Want Pieeeeeeeeeee.... Enough said v_v
(The fact that this thread made me think of pie is amazing.)

It should be that only the race that the weapon is designed for can use the enchantment that comes with the weapon.
Other wise people will sell their races unique weapons and armor.

Integrating the existing lore with custom items would be a good idea and would add to the whole feel of the server. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.