Archived Limited Claiming Thru Worlds

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think that we should have one or the other, stay with me here, We either need to keep the three worlds thing and undo the tax increase, or undo the three worlds thing, and keep the increased taxes.

Why would a faction need to claim in more then three worlds?

Looting , Having no where to build in your worlds anymore that actually fits your style i guess , buying new cities would help with that

The reason behind the rule is so older factions dont claim all the land in the new worlds immediately when its released for the sake that its new

Make an alt faction, and then turn their perms on for allies, then ally the parent faction. Pay more in upkeep, but if you're claiming in 4 or more worlds, money probably isn't an issue.

My 2 cents on the matter.

The reason behind the rule is so older factions dont claim all the land in the new worlds immediately when its released for the sake that its new
I mean there's a ton of land available in hyarroc. Like it's not even remotely close to full.

This is quite literally one of the most unconstructive threads Ive seen. Please discuss the pros and cons. Why it should happen. Possible solutions to the arguements against. Literally all you've done is make a statement. An opinion.

I agree, the fact that there are any restrictions really hurts my game play.
I have found u need alt factions because of reasons like this, and limitations in the faction plugin itself.
I would prefer to have only one faction, but u need alt factions to do everything that most factions do on massive.
examples are darkrooms, mines and resource areas for factions, Raid site for faction, just to name a few.

You dont need a personal darkroom. Just because some people do doesnt make it a necessity. And im pretty sure its considered alt abuse to evade the claim limit with an alt. So saying you need an alt is really not a valid argument tbh

This is quite literally one of the most unconstructive threads Ive seen. Please discuss the pros and cons. Why it should happen. Possible solutions to the arguements against. Literally all you've done is make a statement. An opinion.
I mean with all due respect, it was pretty thoroughly discussed on this thread, and in said thread it received almost no positive reception. Off memory and briefly skimming over the thread, there were maybe one or two people who actually agreed with marty's suggestion in the op. Everyone else was either completely opposed to it, or wanted some kind of compromise. Obviously, the feedback in this thread was more or less ignored, due to our current situation. So, yeah, it's not exactly constructive (but I mean it's daragon so of course not), but based on that conversation player input was more or less ignored in favor of staff opinion, so presumably the same would carry over to this thread as it's talking about the same issue.

Don't mean that to be passive aggressive or whatever, just pointing out that most people didn't like it, and since it was ignored then I don't see why it would be listened to now.

You dont need a personal darkroom. Just because some people do doesnt make it a necessity. And im pretty sure its considered alt abuse to evade the claim limit with an alt. So saying you need an alt is really not a valid argument tbh
As I remember marty pretty specifically said that you could get around the limit with an alt in the original thread, so I would assume that it's allowed and that gave permission for it. It's definitely common practice though and I've never heard of anyone being punished for it.

When you have 4 or more world claims, you cant claim anymore even in the worlds you are already in. you can use alts to evade THAT. But there would be no purpose to making this limit at all if you were allowed to get around it lol

I mean with all due respect, it was pretty thoroughly discussed on this thread, and in said thread it received almost no positive reception. Off memory and briefly skimming over the thread, there were maybe one or two people who actually agreed with marty's suggestion in the op. Everyone else was either completely opposed to it, or wanted some kind of compromise. Obviously, the feedback in this thread was more or less ignored, due to our current situation. So, yeah, it's not exactly constructive (but I mean it's daragon so of course not), but based on that conversation player input was more or less ignored in favor of staff opinion, so presumably the same would carry over to this thread as it's talking about the same issue.

Don't mean that to be passive aggressive or whatever, just pointing out that most people didn't like it, and since it was ignored then I don't see why it would be listened to now.
I am here am I not?

The thread will not move forward just by saying "I dont like this."

Obviously, never implied that.

I don't follow. I mean if marty was that dead set then I fail to see what would have changed now, unless I'm missing something.
Jes was simply saying that being productive didnt work last time. So why should it work now? Its all the same opinions
I dont need his point re-iterated everytime thank you. If you feel being productive wont work I dont see how being unproductive will do any better.

Empires is coming out. Factions is the focus. If it was going to change, now is the time. Plain and simple.

Also if this stays "unproductive" then it will simply be locked and rejected I imagine. So thats the motivation.

I talked about this on my recent thread. This was my argument then, and I'm sticking by it. You shouldn't be able to claim more than one base, if you can't even defend your capitol. Keep in mind I'm not directing that statement at anyone in particular. But it's just practicality.

Factions are overclaimed right now, and for the factions worlds to be what they once were, each faction should be more centralized.

I talked about this on my recent thread. This was my argument then, and I'm sticking by it. You shouldn't be able to claim more than one base, if you can't even defend your capitol. Keep in mind I'm not directing that statement at anyone in particular. But it's just practicality.

Factions are overclaimed right now, and for the factions worlds to be what they once were, each faction should be more centralized.
Sure. But then you get to issues of needing dark rooms, storages, separate bases for more fps intensive things, etc. I agree you should have to defend your capitol, but not at the expense of all factions being unable to claim more than one base.

Plus, there's no way we'll ever actually achieve an hcf style one base type of thing, because the rule would have to be enforced retroactively to achieve this.

I dont need his point re-iterated everytime thank you. If you feel being productive wont work I dont see how being unproductive will do any better.

Empires is coming out. Factions is the focus. If it was going to change, now is the time. Plain and simple.

Also if this stays "unproductive" then it will simply be locked and rejected I imagine. So thats the motivation.
Cool.

Rejected under the pretense of lack of base for the suggestion. If you wish to suggest features in the future, give pros, cons, more to work off of. A more helpful tone rather than an unproductive tone would also be preferential.

People used to have separate factions for storages or they'd just live in their faction. And I don't think we should have to claim dark rooms. That's part of why I hate Massiverestore. I'm not looking for HCF styled anything, I just think factions will grow stronger as a community and just be better all around if it's 10-20 active memebrs living in one city, rather than 200 inactive members living throughout 10 cities
Sure. But then you get to issues of needing dark rooms, storages, separate bases for more fps intensive things, etc. I agree you should have to defend your capitol, but not at the expense bof all factions being unable to claim more than one base.

Plus, there's no way we'll ever actually achieve an hcf style one base type of thing, because the rule would have to be enforced retroactively to achieve this.

Cool.

People used to have separate factions for storages or they'd just live in their faction. And I don't think we should have to claim dark rooms. That's part of why I hate Massiverestore. I'm not looking for HCF styled anything, I just think factions will grow stronger as a community and just be better all around if it's 10-20 active memebrs living in one city, rather than 200 inactive members living throughout 10 cities
Honestly I agree with the idea. I don't think we should have to claim darkrooms. I mean, it was a lot more fun back before darkrooms had to be claimed. People would literally go to war over people taking their darkrooms. And yeah, you can use separate storages. And if Massive started over right now, I would in a heartbeat be all for having one central claim. However, that's not the way it's ever worked, at least since Massive has more than one world. And because of this, limiting it to one claim is just impractical. It gives a huge advantage to old factions, and it can be dodged by certain members of the community with alts, while really inhibiting other factions who can't do this. And since, I think this is impractical in Massive's current setup, I don't really see a reason to arbitrarily limit the number of claims since the current given reason for doing so doesn't make a ton of sense. I mean, I could at least kinda understand if the reason staff gave for this move is the one you're using, but it's not.

Yeah I see what you're saying. It's just a hope for me. Unfortunately I can't a scenario where this happens but I'm just putting my idea out there. Weirdly enough I think being able to claim more and more was one of the major downfalls of PvP. It's strange how something like that coul relate to PvP lol
Honestly I agree with the idea. I don't think we should have to claim darkrooms. I mean, it was a lot more fun back before darkrooms had to be claimed. People would literally go to war over people taking their darkrooms. And yeah, you can use separate storages. And if Massive started over right now, I would in a heartbeat be all for having one central claim. However, that's not the way it's ever worked, at least since Massive has more than one world. And because of this, limiting it to one claim is just impractical. It gives a huge advantage to old factions, and it can be dodged by certain members of the community with alts, while really inhibiting other factions who can't do this. And since, I think this is impractical in Massive's current setup, I don't really see a reason to arbitrarily limit the number of claims since the current given reason for doing so doesn't make a ton of sense. I mean, I could at least kinda understand if the reason staff gave for this move is the one you're using, but it's not.