Archived Idea: Add Werewolves

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanDavis99

Refugee
Reaction score
Massive Craft needs more variety! The werewolf plugin adds this variety, it is already compatible with vampire and has support for it so you cannot be both vampire and werewolf, and with clans incorporated into the werewolf plugin people can band together as not just factions, werewolf clans.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Billy Rage William Chron
The transformation is key to the concept. No, the skin would not change or anything really, but the character would. Keep in mind, werewolves need to be exposed to bare moonlight for this transformation to occur. Also open for discussion would be the length or the immediacy of the transformation after exposure to moonlight. If they remained indoors, they would not transform at all. Another thing to keep in mind is that werewolves would be hunted. They are not god. Humans conscious of their werewolf curse would be aware of their surroundings, and would make sure to not expose themselves to danger. What I mean by this is if any werewolf transforms in public, then realistically the guards would swarm the area very quickly to kill such a beast.

๖ۣۜThe point is that you are refusing to see other people's perspectives... Plenty of kids out there hate Vegetables and would prefer to have candy in it's place...
๖ۣۜYou aren't seeing both sides of the issue, which is also what is making a lot of your arguments actually quite invalid.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, you misinterpreted what I meant. I was saying neither vampires nor witches seem more desirable, I can understand the difference between vegetables and candy interests :)

Valmyr I used it as an exaggeration, please don't take me serious when I use one.
And yes, you do bring up the point of the vampire plunging to be removed, but its quite literally months from now, as it will add skill points, which will still have vampire choice of a "class".
But still, that's pages and pages of lore, and just because a new race Is going to be added instead of another, does not mean the nubs wont transfer over. No matter what, there will be nubs, but if you don't want them to ruin you by accident, you don't let them.
Not that I have a huge problem against noobs, everyone was one once, but sometimes they get annoying, and adding a brand new race will increase the nubs by the tens and twenties. Not that it seems like a lot, but that's a pretty decent hunk right there.

Billy Rage William Chron
The transformation is key to the concept. No, the skin would not change or anything really, but the character would. Keep in mind, werewolves need to be exposed to bare moonlight for this transformation to occur. Also open for discussion would be the length or the immediacy of the transformation after exposure to moonlight. If they remained indoors, they would not transform at all. Another thing to keep in mind is that werewolves would be hunted. They are not god. Humans conscious of their werewolf curse would be aware of their surroundings, and would make sure to not expose themselves to danger. What I mean by this is if any werewolf transforms in public, then realistically the guards would swarm the area very quickly to kill such a beast.

๖ۣۜYou are now just refusing to read. You missed the part when Toxic said it would really be hard to implant, given the current status of plugins and admins.

๖ۣۜLet alone, there are issues with the normal races as well. Think about it, Yanar use to roses to heal people once they smack them. This is a custom made plugin by the staff. 1.7.2 doesn't have roses anymore. They have to re-program the Yanar almost entirely, which is much harder than you think.

๖ۣۜIt would be extremely hard to put in a plugin that transforms people on within the moonlight. And how would people know they are transformed? Small bubble particles aren't enough, and smoke would appear to be a Vampyre. They are kinda out of ways to expose them.

๖ۣۜYeah, Werewolves aren't god, of course they aren't. But they'd be hard as hell to kill normally. They're skin becomes a thick leathery form, and they have massive claws, stand very tall, are stronger than 10 men, all of that Medieval jazz.

๖ۣۜAgain, you aren't seeing both sides of the issue.

The werewolf is a very Jekyl and Hyde type creature, a generally "good" person, afflicted with a bloodthirsty alter ego, who is free to commit his crimes, since he turns back into a human come daybreak.
As great as it would be to have a race/curse that really lends itself to this sort of character, there'd just be too much "but i control my bloodthirst so I'm good, weres are people 2, we want equal rights", we have enough of that from bad vampires.

๖ۣۜYou are now just refusing to read. You missed the part when Toxic said it would really be hard to implant, given the current status of plugins and admins.

๖ۣۜLet alone, there are issues with the normal races as well. Think about it, Yanar use to roses to heal people once they smack them. This is a custom made plugin by the staff. 1.7.2 doesn't have roses anymore. They have to re-program the Yanar almost entirely, which is much harder than you think.

๖ۣۜIt would be extremely hard to put in a plugin that transforms people on within the moonlight. And how would people know they are transformed? Small bubble particles aren't enough, and smoke would appear to be a Vampyre. They are kinda out of ways to expose them.

๖ۣۜYeah, Werewolves aren't god, of course they aren't. But they'd be hard as hell to kill normally. They're skin becomes a thick leathery form, and they have massive claws, stand very tall, are stronger than 10 men, all of that Medieval jazz.

๖ۣۜAgain, you aren't seeing both sides of the issue.

I am reading all of it and taking it into consideration. If I miss a point, reiterate it, sometimes balance becomes a bit overwhelming when multiple people are replying to you before you can even finish a response to earlier posts.

Now the difficult concept I'm getting from you is the separation of lore and plugins. You have a good point in that it would be hard to code in terms of a plugin. However, the lore/roleplay aspect remains, and the people would be responsible for their proper roleplay, as always.

The details of the werewolf physical features would be up for discussion, I'm merely proposing the concept.

The werewolf is a very Jekyl and Hyde type creature, a generally "good" person, afflicted with a bloodthirsty alter ego, who is free to commit his crimes, since he turns back into a human come daybreak.
As great as it would be to have a race/curse that really lends itself to this sort of character, there'd just be too much "but i control my bloodthirst so I'm good, weres are people 2, we want equal rights", we have enough of that from bad vampires.
Hmm, you do bring up a good point, there would be newbs claiming that they could control their bloodthirst. However, this is a benefit of the transformation concept. If someone is transformed, they will be killed regardless of whether they claim they can control it or not. Although this does raise the question of newbs claiming they can control their transformation, so perhaps a plugin would be a good addition to the concept if kept simple. Now that I consider it, it would really be the opposite of the daylight aspect of the vampire plugin, wouldn't it? If they were unsheltered during the night, then they would transform, and perhaps if vampires are removed then the smoke attribute can be translated across as well.

We already have the Thylans. Those are brutal and awesome. They already mention them hunting down Urs in packs. No one can mess those up like so many others have raped the classic ideology behind a true Lycan (hopefully).

Valmyr: I'm not in support of removing vampires entirely. I like the vampire plugin as-is, and I believe we'd have the same problems with werewolves or witches.

Status
Not open for further replies.