Pending Review Idea For New Ink Sac Custom Recipe

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Legles101, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Legles101

Legles101

As many of you probably already know the current Ink Sac recipe is a water bottle surrounded by 4 coal. You cannot stack water bottles this makes it very hard to craft. I see no reason that the water bottle should not be changed to an empty bottle, water bottles are literally free if you have empty bottles, so the actual cost is not much. All this does is waste the players time.

Not only that but I also find it straining to actually have to click around so much just to get a few stacks, the amount of times the item names of the coal/water bottle/Inc Sac blink while crafting puts too much strain on the eyes. I usually have to take a break while crafting because of this.

I do not think making items harder to get by making them physically harder to craft is a good idea. If Staff thinks Inc Sacs would be too easy to get without this, then I propose that the recipe be changed to 8 coal instead of 4, to coal blocks.

I assume the reason behind making this recipe was that squid spawnrates are not so great anymore, however some players have gone to hunting squids anyway just to avoid using this recipe for the reasons given above. That shouldn't be the case, the recipe should server it's intended purpose and right now I do not think it is.

Feedback is welcome.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Emkaloua

Emkaloua Regalian Senator

YES. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY MAKE IT AN EMPTY BOTTLE. NO HARM DONE, VALUE DOES NOT DECREASE, 1000% MORE CONVENIENT TO CRAFT AND 2000% LESS HOMICIDE-INDUCING FRUSTRATION.

3. MalkNation

MalkNation

yes yes guud idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Riley0628

Riley0628 business man

I absolutely agree.

5. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

6. JDgoldvox

JDgoldvox

making invisibility potions is also a pain because you cannot stack Nightvision potions

7. Legles101

Legles101

Coal is an unlimited resource, wood logs can be smelted to make charcoal which can be turned into coal blocks, which can then be turned into regular coal. I also believe this to me the more efficient way of getting coal so I do not think you need to worry about land being ruined. As I said before squid spawnrates are also not as good as they were pre-reset, this recipe is supposed to be a fix for that, but it doesn't do the job well.

I appreciate your input though.

8. Emkaloua

Emkaloua Regalian Senator

The only change we need would simply make it easier to craft squid ink by the stack like every other dye instead of 1 by 1 with hella inventory cramming. It would take away one little click on a block of water, so value would not decrease from the current recipe ingredients, but maybe a little value would be lost simply because people would actually start crafting it. But is that so bad? The recipe is there for a reason. I vote for empty bottles!

9. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

So this need to even it out would be necessary if it was a market for people to sell... but the materials in order to craft it are very very common. There isnt really a robust market of people selling ink