House Grimaldi (being Rewritten)

OKAY SO.
all y'all know that my combination of social anxiety and lack of Skype makes it hard to get known on here. I stress too easily over the simplest of things and I go into full panic mode when talking to basically nearly everyone on here. plus like. what was I thinking. when I made this family I was still so afraid of staff members or even notable members that I'd panic and leave immediately. while that has gotten a biiiit better. I honestly don't feel that I'm cut out to lead a noble family.

along with 0 interest from members. hate to say it but. @Streako understandably did not participate because I went inactive and procrastinated on his skinn @DockedRelic has been inactive on and off and was also promised a skin. @Eternal_Wrath has rarely played his char. @Ebrima hasn't played his char in forever and I haven't kicked him out because he's been here from the days of Penelope 1.0, when the surname was Wilson and we were sewer dwelling heretics. Only @OwiverVan has actually actively played his char so. bl e s s u senpai.

I voided Ricchezze di Spirito due to the same reason- no one participated, the chat never got any responses, and I was stressing over an organization that wasn't supported by its own members. I decided to also void the members knowing magic because it seemed rather unrealistic.

Not only this but I lost interest in Marisa as a character. Mainly because she was going to require a redo and she honestly wasn't as enjoyable as my other 6 chars. At first I kept her around because of this, but, without support or even a substantial amount of members, it wasn't worth it.

So the question arose; rewrite the family lore and your character just so a family without interest can be formally compliant for the one active member, or just void the entire thing?

And honestly. I think I might rather want to either make this a commoner family or have each char be rewritten entirely and go their own ways. The commoner family idea might take some work but it seems the best to me. I'm disappointed in the outcome of this but. Whatever, I guess. Life goes on.

Tagging @OwiverVan @Streako @DockedRelic because you were the only members that either had a decent excuse for inactivity or actually participated. The other members can give their opinions but I won't be counting them. Sorry if I seem harsh, but really guys. (Guys being the aforementioned two members that never seemed to play their noble chars) I doubt you'd go into House Coen or something and show this much of a lack of interest/participation. I'm willing to bet that you'd stick to the main character rule in other families too- heck, I'm only requesting half of your time. That's not much. So yeah. Only Streako, Docked, and Owiver get a say in this. And to you three, especially Owiver- sorry that I got your hopes up with this family. When/if it's rewritten I haven't a problem with letting you three stay.

OKAY SO.
all y'all know that my combination of social anxiety and lack of Skype makes it hard to get known on here. I stress too easily over the simplest of things and I go into full panic mode when talking to basically nearly everyone on here. plus like. what was I thinking. when I made this family I was still so afraid of staff members or even notable members that I'd panic and leave immediately. while that has gotten a biiiit better. I honestly don't feel that I'm cut out to lead a noble family.

along with 0 interest from members. hate to say it but. @Streako understandably did not participate because I went inactive and procrastinated on his skinn @DockedRelic has been inactive on and off and was also promised a skin. @Eternal_Wrath has rarely played his char. @Ebrima hasn't played his char in forever and I haven't kicked him out because he's been here from the days of Penelope 1.0, when the surname was Wilson and we were sewer dwelling heretics. Only @OwiverVan has actually actively played his char so. bl e s s u senpai.

I voided Ricchezze di Spirito due to the same reason- no one participated, the chat never got any responses, and I was stressing over an organization that wasn't supported by its own members. I decided to also void the members knowing magic because it seemed rather unrealistic.

Not only this but I lost interest in Marisa as a character. Mainly because she was going to require a redo and she honestly wasn't as enjoyable as my other 6 chars. At first I kept her around because of this, but, without support or even a substantial amount of members, it wasn't worth it.

So the question arose; rewrite the family lore and your character just so a family without interest can be formally compliant for the one active member, or just void the entire thing?

And honestly. I think I might rather want to either make this a commoner family or have each char be rewritten entirely and go their own ways. The commoner family idea might take some work but it seems the best to me. I'm disappointed in the outcome of this but. Whatever, I guess. Life goes on.

Tagging @OwiverVan @Streako @DockedRelic because you were the only members that either had a decent excuse for inactivity or actually participated. The other members can give their opinions but I won't be counting them. Sorry if I seem harsh, but really guys. (Guys being the aforementioned two members that never seemed to play their noble chars) I doubt you'd go into House Coen or something and show this much of a lack of interest/participation. I'm willing to bet that you'd stick to the main character rule in other families too- heck, I'm only requesting half of your time. That's not much. So yeah. Only Streako, Docked, and Owiver get a say in this. And to you three, especially Owiver- sorry that I got your hopes up with this family. When/if it's rewritten I haven't a problem with letting you three stay.
Aww 'n' do watchu gotta do fam. I honestly think you should just only rewrite Marissa instead of the entire family, it's fine the way it is if you ask me. But it's your choice, I'd hate to see this family go tho.

Aww 'n' do watchu gotta do fam. I honestly think you should just only rewrite Marissa instead of the entire family, it's fine the way it is if you ask me. But it's your choice, I'd hate to see this family go tho.
I mainly had to redo Mari because I was gonna redo this family anyways.

I was planning to remove the magic and criminal stuff. But honestly, with this little support from members, I feel like it isn't worth keeping House Grimaldi a noble family. Heck, I don't think it's worth keeping them around at all but I don't want to void too much already sustained rp. And yeah, I understand you bro. I don't wanna see this family go either but. Not worth keeping them nobles either, when I'm stressing over ways to get this family out there and no one is showing interest.

You have to understand that, in the history of this family, you have been the only actually active member. It isn't worth it. Until you and Streako got in the chat, /no one had even bothered to reply/. Even though I had a tone of questions. Seriously.

I mainly had to redo Mark because I was gonna redo this family anyways.

I was planning to remove the magic and criminal stuff. But honestly, with this little support from members, I feel like it isn't worth keeping House Grimaldi a noble family. Heck, I don't think it's worth keeping them around at all but I don't want to void too much already sustained rp. And yeah, I understand you bro. I don't wanna see this family go either but. Not worth keeping them nobles either.

You have to understand that, in the history of this family, you have been the only actually active member. It isn't worth it. Until you and Streako got in the chat, /no one had even bothered to reply/. Even though I had a tone of questions. Seriously.
I know I know, you honestly deserve more than this though. The lack of effort from other people is always the downfall to your groups and it's not fair to the people actually making an effort and being productive and it's definitely not fair to you.

I know I know, you honestly deserve more than this though. The lack of effort from other people is always the downfall to your groups and it's not fair to the people actually making an effort and being productive and it's definitely not fair to you.
my point exactly. thanks for understanding and thanks for contributing, fam.

OKAY SO.

There's no brave rating, so have a winner.

As for House Grimaldi, I regretfully think it's a lost cause. At this point, the name is too stuck in the mud to haul itself out. Here's what I propose as an alternative, however:

For the time being, NPC or Void Richezze entirely. Make just a family function on its own, without having anything extra to manage. Once the family stands on its own, you can bring back a gang, but don't have one for now. I believe part of this family's failure came from the fact that it was two groups that depended on each other without it being clear how they actually did so. So first, make the family strong, and then grow a gang from it afterwards. Make it a family with a gang, not a gang family.

Now, as for the family itself, I think you should do the following: make a new family thread, and perhaps change the name (and the lore if you see fit). Have staff lock or delete this thread, and place individuals who have failed to participate under heavy duress if they try to get back in. Have their characters still exist, but bar them from playing these characters until they prove that they can be constructive members. In general, have a clearly established 'one strike' rule. If people aren't being helpful, cut out the cancer. It won't repel anyone who will be good for your group; only people who do not intend to participate fully will be turned off by it, ensuring you don't get cancerous members.

As for Marissa: Once again, your call for a rewrite. If you're not enjoying her, don't play her, but you need to practice what you preach. You have a lot of characters, Spam. I don't want you to go shelving a whole lot of them, but you should hold yourself to the 50% rule, regardless of what character you play as the family head. With her, you need to be out and about. I know it's scary, but people will only know about and want to join your family if they see that it's fun to be in and you know what you're doing. Instead of directly trying to do this, I recommend you set a goal for yourself that forces you to get out, such as getting accepted as a member of the noble council (if you keep the family noble). Find something that forces you to interact with new people.

I know this all sucks, but I want to say that I'm proud as your friend to see you continue to push to find what works, despite every wall you've hit.

There's no brave rating, so have a winner.

As for House Grimaldi, I regretfully think it's a lost cause. At this point, the name is too stuck in the mud to haul itself out. Here's what I propose as an alternative, however:

For the time being, NPC or Void Richezze entirely. Make just a family function on its own, without having anything extra to manage. Once the family stands on its own, you can bring back a gang, but don't have one for now. I believe part of this family's failure came from the fact that it was two groups that depended on each other without it being clear how they actually did so. So first, make the family strong, and then grow a gang from it afterwards. Make it a family with a gang, not a gang family.

Now, as for the family itself, I think you should do the following: make a new family thread, and perhaps change the name (and the lore if you see fit). Have staff lock or delete this thread, and place individuals who have failed to participate under heavy duress if they try to get back in. Have their characters still exist, but bar them from playing these characters until they prove that they can be constructive members. In general, have a clearly established 'one strike' rule. If people aren't being helpful, cut out the cancer. It won't repel anyone who will be good for your group; only people who do not intend to participate fully will be turned off by it, ensuring you don't get cancerous members.

As for Marissa: Once again, your call for a rewrite. If you're not enjoying her, don't play her, but you need to practice what you preach. You have a lot of characters, Spam. I don't want you to go shelving a whole lot of them, but you should hold yourself to the 50% rule, regardless of what character you play as the family head. With her, you need to be out and about. I know it's scary, but people will only know about and want to join your family if they see that it's fun to be in and you know what you're doing. Instead of directly trying to do this, I recommend you set a goal for yourself that forces you to get out, such as getting accepted as a member of the noble council (if you keep the family noble). Find something that forces you to interact with new people.

I know this all sucks, but I want to say that I'm proud as your friend to see you continue to push to find what works, despite every wall you've hit.
Gonna take all your advice. I'm going to make a thread for us three to discuss this redo between ourselves.

Could this perhaps be locked, @staff?

You have summoned a Relic by simply placing the a whirlpool followed by the Relic's name... Since you worked so hard to perform the ritual, it won't go in vain... So I'll give my usual one to fifty paragraph speeches... Seriously you shoulf know I don't write like five sentences and be done with it... So here's my organized set of excuses and advice.

I come from a family that is very close, and a member being gone for say ten hours a day absalutely breaks the Family Machine. So I can't give a 24/7 A++ game, in exchange for most of my time... Seriously there should be a sort of age limit, like, "Disclaimer: Don't play when you're in your teenage angst faze, it will eat your time faster than Heavy from team fortress two eats fifty sandwiches in a singular ctf game.". And I simply don't have that time, I am a severely busy man-child that has less time than a thirteen year old should! Like hot damn! I see my piers and they have so much time compared to me I might aswell be working in a cubical for minimal wage (exageration, not that big of a time difference). Heck I debated opening a crappy art shop but I simply don't have time or energy to draw for people... Heck what my day consists of is papers called school shoved up me butt everyday. I swing a sword called a "foil" that I love swinging around, but takes up 30% if my weekends and 31.5% of one of the weekdays. And I also am part of a manly group called boy scouts... We're not that manly I'd have a girlfriend if boy scouts were seen as hot... And I also have to help a lot... And yes I enjoy it... In the end of the day I shouldn't be playing massivecraft, and debated leaving because if all I'm going to do is give it my all and pump people up, to find out I don't even have enough time to rp my charatcer taking a rather fine poo in whatever medieval john they have in Regalia...

Now enough of my petty excuses... Just don't give up, try hard... And don't be a weeb... I thought it was cute at first but the whole edgy mafia and insane characters with pink hair who know magic, ooo~ scary. I mean, it's not bad be yourself.. But we are in a world where even the most friendly religion that begs no murder or lying wants to rip and brandish you a new butt hole, and I don't think someone would want to deal with social anxiety and be edgy... Ahem Spidey should learn from this... A mafia would be realistic and work with higher powers, and absalutely fluke the sewers, at least than their crime list won't have tresspassing, giving you two or three years less in prison. But I really like this family and goddammit I want to see it thrive, and give what all I have... Than again might need to convince my parents this is something I can't opt out of... I made a promise Spam/BlackParade/Het/for lord's sake give me a nick I can call you by. And for crying out flipping loud you are the closest thing I have to a best friend in this social onslought... Which is everywhere... Also kinda disturbing you could live right next to me... My town has a lot of hot edgy girls and I can't picture you not being one of them.. Yes I called you hot... Am I supposed to be rude and say you are ugly?.. Anyway! Just hear me out and I will give my all... Maybe Demetrius can belong to someone more commited... I can be... Well someone that has influence but doesn't own around fifty acres of land.
@SpamanoTomato

And don't be a weeb... I thought it was cute at first but the whole edgy mafia and insane characters with pink hair who know magic, ooo~ scary
uh. no. There was never a char in this house that was like that. if you thought it was like that, then why did you even join?

As for the rest of your post, I mean. I'll let you stay in the family when it's redone, and your inactivity is fine by me since you at least tell me in advance you won't be active here. Though yeah. I won't be letting you in a leadership position when it's redone- not because I don't like you or something but because of your inactivity.

Anyways. I'd request that there are no more comments on this thread since I sorta want it locked.

uh. no. There was never a char in this house that was like that. if you thought it was like that, then why did you even join?

As for the rest of your post, I mean. I'll let you stay in the family when it's redone, and your inactivity is fine by me since you at least tell me in advance you won't be active here. Though yeah. I won't be letting you in a leadership position when it's redone- not because I don't like you or something but because of your inactivity.

Anyways. I'd request that there are no more comments on this thread since I sorta want it locked.
Sudden influx of regret... God i'm an a*s... And sorry for the reply.

@SpamanoTomato Yeah, sorry I got lost in the spam and drama of my other characters, but that's not why I'm here. I'm willing to give my character app and the skins I made for Lavinio to who ever takes him, its the least I can do for never playing really. I regret that I didn't but whats done is done.

@SpamanoTomato Yeah, sorry I got lost in the spam and drama of my other characters, but that's not why I'm here. I'm willing to give my character app and the skins I made for Lavinio to who ever takes him, its the least I can do for never playing really. I regret that I didn't but whats done is done.
Right, thanks for this. We were discussing letting you keep him since the family lore is going to change so drastically that he'd end up redone anyways.
But yeah, thanks for the reply at least!

Again though. No more replies, pleeeeeease.