Archived Factions In The Rift

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapboxstage

a muppet of a man
Reaction score
Faction
Chalsie's fac
Roleplay Guilds
Silver Lining Fleet
have started a faction recently and started a base on Hyarroc. So, I had had a small city with large potential set up and I noticed I had a bit of claim power. I had seen the rift portal earlier and always wanted to explore it. So I decided to go on an expedition to the rift and see what there was to be had. I spent about 20 minutes looking around and thought "This would be a great place for a base." And, I was very disappointed to notice that you are unable to claim land in the rift. I was hoping I could get an explanation for this or maybe have it changed if possible. Thank you.

The pigmen need friend 2! ='(

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Because the Rift is currently just a resource world. I believe i remember MonMarty saying something along the lines of.. in order to claim in the rift he would want to actually design a nether-style world like the other worlds are designed. Because the Rift i believe is just generated

But like it create some interesting raids and battles and make for some fun bases and challenges

@Cpt_Manturay or you could take those resources and make buildings out of em in Hyarroc. Your base would make for some interesting raids. And pigmen have ghasts.

But like it create some interesting raids and battles and make for some fun bases and challenges
While this may be true... The rift is meant for resources not claiming, as i said above. And the idea of claiming in the resources world... would in turn not allow those resources to be collected, thus going against the entire purpose of the current rift.

I really don't mind ghasts that's what cobblestone is for.

they could have chunk claiming limits or certain designated resource areas

A long time ago, there was a nether world that could be claimed, but honestly all people really used it for was to claim spawners so that people couldn't break them, and so with the addition of Massiverestore this isn't really needed, i.e. I doubt anyone would really claim there.

Werent there a lot of nether darkrooms in the last iteration of the rift?
If you're talking about the last nether, possibly. If you're talking about gana-ishna, not to my knowledge, and it wouldn't make a lot of sense anyways since the Ithania nether was a lot easier to access back then.

but would factions there be that bad?
It would be weird. And not ideal since the purpose of that world is for resources and not for faction land
The Rift (Ghana-Isha at the time) was open for claiming 2 years ago, and it was a disaster. Giant claims were made for ghast farms. People fell into lava and lost all their God weapons/tools. It was hard to find resources and claim space because every faction had a claim of their own.

I think it's a terrible idea to release the rift for claiming again... I like my lava buckets and Quartz :/

I remember Monmarty saying at one point that for nether claiming he would want to create a nether-themed overworld (If im remembering correctly) So you dont have that stacked feel but its still hell biome and nether stuff.

I remember Monmarty saying at one point that for nether claiming he would want to create a nether-themed overworld (If im remembering correctly) So you dont have that stacked feel but its still hell biome and nether stuff.
i think the stacked feel is one of the better parts of the nether. however i heard staff talk about reasons why claiming was not allowed. on of the reasons was that people mining can't break blocks under claims, making it hard to mine in the nether. i agree though, some interesting raids could happen in the nether. i think it would be REALLY nice if massive made another elador with an elevated ground level, and mountains that reach the block limit, and big twisty, woven caves, with nether caves in the lower areas. i have NO clue how they would do something as complicated as that, but it would definitely be cool to have an underground-focused world with lower nether areas.

sorry i wrote too much, lol.

The magic plugin is in development. It has been for some time. I read the changelogs every week because i want to see what's going on.

I would definitely be on-board with being able to claim in the nether. Yes, I would still just use it for resources but aside from 3-4 roleplay areas, an elytra balloon network, and a f home area, all of Laveer's claims are for resource purposes. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with having a 1-2 chunk base just for the purpose of a resource platform.

In addition, I know several players who would have made main bases in the Rift. Wrath in it's hayday would have, @Catacus probably still would. Of course the thread is started by a player saying that they would put a legit base there. So I think the idea that nobody would build a base there is unfounded.

I can't venture to explain the Staff's reasons that it is not open right now, that would be incredibly presumptuous. I can however say that I for one would be in support of this feature idea. I love my spawners and I just /lock them to keep them from getting destroyed right now, but I agree that the monopolization of spawners could create unnecessary salt. Pretty sure world edit could just fine all spawner blocks and replace them with air or something. Sad day for my blaze rod harvesting operations, good day for factions claiming.

I've said it already and I'll say it again

The rift was not intended, was not created for, and shouldn't be open for faction claiming. It is a resource world.

I've said it already and I'll say it again

The rift was not intended, was not created for, and shouldn't be open for faction claiming. It is a resource world.
The original intention of the world is irrelevant to the suggestion being made by the original poster. The thread is meant to talk about if it is a feasible/widely supported idea.

So ur telling me i can suggest pvp be enabled in regalia and expect to get no responses about how its a rp world?

Since you are telling me that the original intention of the world is irrelevant?

So ur telling me i can suggest pvp be enabled in regalia and expect to get no responses about how its a rp world?

Since you are telling me that the original intention of the world is irrelevant?

You could suggest that, but the reason that is infeasible is because it would cause interruptions in Roleplay, not because of what it was originally designed for. Reasons to discount an idea are based on objective conclusions on how it would possibly effect the future of the server, not the way things have been in the past. The purpose of a suggestion is that you are suggesting a change in the way things currently are. Literally everything that is in essence a suggestion will be a change from the original design.

A very wise person once said:

Look those who are upset by the change are using the "But thats the way its always been done" argument.. well just because its how its always been done... isnt a good reason to keep doing it

You could suggest that, but the reason that is infeasible is because it would cause interruptions in Roleplay, not because of what it was originally designed for. Reasons to discount an idea are based on objective conclusions on how it would possibly effect the future of the server, not the way things have been in the past. The purpose of a suggestion is that you are suggesting a change in the way things currently are. Literally everything that is in essence a suggestion will be a change from the original design.

A very wise person once said:
I am in fact, not contradicting what I said in the quote. The quote was referring to somebody who didn't want something to be done because they didn't want change. Im arguing a specific proposed idea with reasons why I disagree... Not simply because "i dont like change"

I'd go for that

Status
Not open for further replies.