Under Review Faction Member Cap Removal

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Wooperr, Feb 18, 2019.

?

Should the faction cap be removed?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2019.
  1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

This is so true.

2. ShaylixLinx

ShaylixLinx

I have been playing on Massivecraft for about six or seven years now. On and off.

While yes the faction landscape has changed a lot, it has always held tight net groups of people. However, the larger factions of this landscape are always the ones to build and make communities for themselves, they are so tightly woven and curated that it is hard to imagine large portions of them limited and cut off. To this, I know of a lot of factions whom have had to literally strip themselves in layers in order to meet this cap.

The downsides of this cap is that is currently a limiting factor for factions to form into larger communities, like an empire or nation.
    The upside? Well, this would be the fact the smaller PVP factions can exert more control over the landscape as a whole.

This is upsetting because the smaller PVP factions unequivocally hold more political power over the Administration than the actual larger communities. Which is saddening to know.

I ask that:
    a) The cap is removed in its entirety.
    b) An empire plugin is created.

Thanks.

(I barely speak on server politics and such because I do not believe them to be so game changing. However the member cap has so devastatingly hindered the playability of large nation factions that it is saddening.)

3. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

I kinda disagree. Think the cap has helped the player retention. There is something to be said for being forced to stop recruiting, but there always is and always has been (unless its like 3AM) a few factions that will accept you. You make a good point though: factions with a bunch of online players collected together are good for raids. Again, though, do we want to have recruiting be a strong part of massive, or just a secondary thing you sometimes have to do? I think its more fun for it to be a secondary part, for the most part. Again, I'd love to see the effects of raising the cap, even though originally the plan was to lower it. In my opinion, being near the cap was good, because it helped us focus more on other things around the faction other than recruiting, but our player count died when the server reset. But yea, no objections to raising the cap to like 70 or even 100 as a max, just to see what would happen.

4. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

That was the goal, to a certain extent. Thanks for your input! When I outlined the pros to this change in my original suggestion, it was all mostly under the assumption that large factions were less fun than more moderate factions, and that what was fun about large factions would be retained in a 50-70 player faction. It was also sorta to encourage PvP factions, so they would have more power. I'm glad you spoke up, cause your input honestly changed my opinion.

5. Ethibas T

Ethibas T

I think there is widespread consensus on doing this so I'm going to say that I prefer an increase in the cap to somewhere between 70 and 100. I think that most, if not all, of the community would agree with something along those lines. I have yet to see someone adamantly opposed to a 70 to 100 faction cap.

6. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

False.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with @Winterless on this one.

PVP factions do their thing regardless of the cap. They only really need like 20 people at the very most. It doesnt matter if your faction is a 5 person startup or a 200 person Asteria, three raiders can still do what they want. I think PVP factions exist outside the confinements that the cap brings

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GrumpyGirl314

GrumpyGirl314 The Grumpy Hufflepuff

Marking this thread as Under Review....

The cap has been bumped to 100 to start.
    Will continue to rereview this cap as factions grow.