Archived Cannons For All

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smexitalian

The Fonguard
Reaction score
The title says it all. With the new premium features(which I think may be a bit OP) are creating a larger gap between the prems and non-prems. I feel that giving non prems access to cannons would help bridge the gap in a fairly helpful way.

Outcome:
  • Non-prem factions are able to protect themselves more reasonably against their godlike premium attackers as cannons are effectively deadly but are stationary, resulting in a fair means of defence.
  • Non-prems don't have to cower in their f homes with no means of fighting off attackers and calling it harassment, leaving less mod involvement.
  • Cannons are made of iron blocks which are not very cheap to the average non-premium which keeps them from becomng OP or very numerous.
  • Gives the non-prems a range advantage as they would probably get destroyed in close combat with a prem.
  • The premiums don't lose much as their armor never breaks(can /fix it), they have twice the faction power, and they can just use their portals to get back.
As an addition to my suggestion, maybe we could give non-premiums access to basic ammo types while premiums get access to more advanced ammo types.
(extra suggestion courtesy of EyebrowsJ)

Thank you for reading my post, please post your thoughts below!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've been on this server for over a year, and just 3 months ago did I buy premium. During my time as a non-prem was I complaining? No. I understood that there are certain privileges that only people who help keep the server running deserve.

So, you openly disagree with this suggestion. Why? It is known that cannons are rarely used by the premium playerbase and are deemed useless by Bsavs(A well known and respected vet of massive). You don't see the public use of cannons a fair trade for your 75 silver a month, /fix command, and 50% more mcmmo xp? Do you believe that nonprems should not have at least one equal benefit to premiums when it comes to defending themselves?

(and give a valid answer, not the repeated "Premiums keep server alive" one as it doesn't answer my question and we all know this.)

You have the right attitude, if players want a cannon just ask a premium (not saying they shouldnt not be allowed to make it themselves), I would happily make a cannon if someone asked me.

The only issue with that is only premiums can fire the cannons, correct me if I am wrong

Do you believe that nonprems should not have at least one equal benefit to premiums when it comes to defending themselves?

(and give a valid answer, not the repeated "Premiums keep server alive" one as it doesn't answer my question and we all know this.)

Well the majority of factions on this server have prems and non-prems mixed in with each other. It's not like "prems with cannons on one side raping non-prems with no cannons on the other." Prem cannoneers can operate the cannons while non-prems act as archers, simple as that, and they're on the same side.

Well the majority of factions on this server have prems and non-prems mixed in with each other. It's not like "prems with cannons on one side raping non-prems with no cannons on the other." Prem cannoneers can operate the cannons while non-prems act as archers, simple as that, and they're on the same side.

So do you actually see a use in having cannon creation be restricted to just premiums?

It would make more sense for premiums to be archers and melee fighters because of the fact that they get /fix, 50%+ McMMO gain, etc. The non-premiums should be the ones firing cannons.

Only prems should be able to CREATE cannons, but I feel everyone should use them. This is comming from a premium perspective if some of you feel that it matters.

Only prems should be able to CREATE cannons, but I feel everyone should use them. This is comming from a premium perspective if some of you feel that it matters

I add my voice to this. This would make the cannons more fun for all, and still drive players to get prem and keep the server runing.

More fun to build a fortress when all can help deffend.

Actually.. My fac has no prems so...
EDIT: Wait.. I have 1 inactive prem.. that's it :I

NO because what is the point of becoming prem

Actually.. My fac has no prems so...
EDIT: Wait.. I have 1 inactive prem.. that's it :I

Oh, quit your whining! I made your noobish cannons... :P

That said, I support non-prems being able to shoot cannons but not build them. That also said, since you non-prems got diamond armor you'd best stop complaining... :P

I'm premium.
I use cannons a lot.
Cannons are very useful for me.
Yet, I wouldn't mind if non-premiums were able to create and use them too.

It's a good idea, just make there way for the prems to still have a slight bonus.

SUPPORTED

The title says it all. With the new premium features(which I think may be a bit OP) are creating a larger gap between the prems and non-prems.
The point of premium is to make it OP, or people wouldn't buy it. ;3

Or how about Letting Premiums make and use while on non-prems only use? I see no real issue, they can't "spam" cannons but only use.

Actually non-premiums can already fire cannons. You can wire a cannon up, using redstone, and then fire it with a button and you can reload it by putting a chest with gunpowder and the ammunition next to the block the torch is on.

Zpade I don't like how you rated my NON-RP post "pink cloud". If you don't know what it means, simply remove the rating and go learn what it means. If you DO know what it means and voted me just to give me a strong negative vote rather then a appropriate one, please tell me so i can report it for rating abuse. I'd rather not report someone who didn't know the meaning of the oh so vague pink cloud.

non prems need more privileges. i cant even buy prem because i use US dollars. thats not fair!

non prems need more privileges. i cant even buy prem because i use US dollars. thats not fair!

You can, in fact, purchase premium. Check the currency ratio to USD, but when you purchase through paypal it will convert it to USD automatically. The entire point of Premiums having more privilege is the fact that the money we pay to enjoy the perks goes to support the server, not only to just give us 'extra boosts for funsies'.

Mabey Non-Prems get a 50% chance of getting a successful shot as they don't know how to shoot it and a 50%. Chance it explodes on you

Imboring56 could you please look at the amount of inappropriate ratings for me? I'm sure pink clouds shouldn't be on a ooc thread, like the ones that I have been spammed with by tiggerthecat.

Status
Not open for further replies.