Archived Cannons For All

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smexitalian

The Fonguard
Reaction score
The title says it all. With the new premium features(which I think may be a bit OP) are creating a larger gap between the prems and non-prems. I feel that giving non prems access to cannons would help bridge the gap in a fairly helpful way.

Outcome:
  • Non-prem factions are able to protect themselves more reasonably against their godlike premium attackers as cannons are effectively deadly but are stationary, resulting in a fair means of defence.
  • Non-prems don't have to cower in their f homes with no means of fighting off attackers and calling it harassment, leaving less mod involvement.
  • Cannons are made of iron blocks which are not very cheap to the average non-premium which keeps them from becomng OP or very numerous.
  • Gives the non-prems a range advantage as they would probably get destroyed in close combat with a prem.
  • The premiums don't lose much as their armor never breaks(can /fix it), they have twice the faction power, and they can just use their portals to get back.
As an addition to my suggestion, maybe we could give non-premiums access to basic ammo types while premiums get access to more advanced ammo types.
(extra suggestion courtesy of EyebrowsJ)

Thank you for reading my post, please post your thoughts below!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
katiesc That last post was a bit offensive. I know you want to keep cannons prem only to support the server, but you don't see nonprem cannon use as a fair trade for 75 silver a month, /fix command, and the +50% xp gain in mcmmo? You don't think its getting a bit rediculous at how many buffs premiums are getting?

katiesc That last post was a bit offensive. I know you want to keep cannons prem only to support the server, but you don't see nonprem cannon use as a fair trade for 75 silver a month, /fix command, and the +50% xp gain in mcmmo? You don't think its getting a bit rediculous at how many buffs premiums are getting?

I said before that they've added a bit much. I only said we should keep the cannons. I think it is getting rather ridiculous and making it hard for the non-prems. They're just trying to keep the server up, please keep that in mind. I just wanna make sure there is a server to click on tomorrow x3

I think the spoiled kids need to go off premium for a while and see how it feels. Being non Premium is challenging and difficult, I don't see why a little bit of defense bothers so many premiums, you guys don't even use them from what I'm seeing. You are all being snobs and greedy little fat kids; learn to share. Not everyone can feed off of their parents.

I think the spoiled kids need to go off premium for a while and see how it feels. Being non Premium is challenging and difficult, I don't see why a little bit of defense bothers so many premiums, you guys don't even use them from what I'm seeing. You are all being snobs and greedy little fat kids; learn to share. Not everyone can feed off of their parents.
No need to offend the prems, after all, you wouldn't be here without them..

I really find it odd people dont communicate o.O I mean have you not asked a friend to make you something before? I myself recently built a large cannon in mithril and all it took was a quick "hey do you mind helping us out?"

This isnt a issue with horse armour or name tags why should it be for cannons? if we can all shoot them anywho it doesnt matter who built it.

If you disagree you better have a rational basis for that and actual content that is disagreeable.

Might I inquire that you give reasons and don't just state "No."
For example does in my eyes not contain something you can really disagree with as it is merely a plead for clarification.
I DO watch out for rating abuse so please stay rational and don´t be a douche.

Implying that every premium is some spoiled little child is rather unnecessary and nonconstructive.

Its not that, haven't you noticed how much they've added to premium? I even think they've added way to much. I don't think they're getting enough donors...

I agree with you, even though I have no idea about the income of the server, most servers don't do stuff they've said they will never do unless it is abosolutely needed. I think the postponed update to 1.7.2 has hurt many servers out there, even closed some down. I feel as though we are lucky we still have Massive Craft and such a large population. We all just need to be patient,I'm sure the staff knows what we want, but they also know what is for the best for the server in the long-run. So... with that said, let's all just be patient and wait for everything to pan themselves out.

I am a non-prem and I am not constantly complaining about the restrictions. I am not sure many people realise that prems are the people keeping the server up, so y'all better thank their rich asses, shut yo mouths and be grateful.

If you disagree you better have a rational basis for that and actual content that is disagreeable.

For example does in my eyes not contain something you can really disagree with as it is merely a plead for clarification.
I DO watch out for rating abuse so please stay rational and don´t be a douche.

If I were to go into one of your suggestions and state "No." you'd ask the same thing. I wasn't going on for rating abuse. I saw none (that I cared about). I was simply asking for clarification. Now is there truly a reason to call me a douche?

I think its about time we get a bit of change for the non-prems. Premiums lose just ONE feature, and they added three yesterday! I would say cannons would allow people to defend themselves, but a new world of non prems actually being able to get sort of In a fight.

RAINBOWSUPPORT

Blah blah blah, talk talk talk, everyone just declare war already and let's see who wins! Yay death, destruction and doom!>:)

What's the point of a cannon? A bow is better than a cannon in several ways. A bow can be built with inexpensive materials and it's ammo is also cheap. It has quicker aim and crosshairs so you won't hit nothing when shooting it. It can be enchanted with things like knockback, infinity, and fire aspect to make it even better. You can use it as a defensive item by spamming the shoot button when someone gets too close. Bows can be leveled up in MCMMO to make them even more powerful. And you can always put it in a chest if you are afraid that someone will steal it.

I don't see any real PVP use in cannons that can prove itself to be better than arrows. They are nice for decoration however.

Yeeeeaaa-No.

Before I get into my point of disagreeing with everything you say with a thorough analysis, you are being extremely offensive. A few of us have lost our parents - something that you seem to know nothing of - and even struggled to find work at the beginning.

In almost every case the Premium player makes money for himself. For example, I live in Brazil with my uncle, so I started doing chores for him. Clean up his computer, take the trash out, pick up some stuff from nearby stores... whatever gets me money. And what do I do with the money? I donate it to the server. I don't think I'm greedy and I don't think I'm snobby - I just want to support the server.

Finally I'd like to point out that, to be quite frank, you're coming across like a complete bitch. I actually support this point being a premium, because personally I find that the perks are currently overpowered. But I haven't come across complaining about you, like "I bet you're a homeless guy living in your grandparents shed because your parents kicked you out.". Next time, have the maturity to at least adress us with politeness.

If I were to go into one of your suggestions and state "No." you'd ask the same thing. I wasn't going on for rating abuse. I saw none (that I cared about). I was simply asking for clarification. Now is there truly a reason to call me a douche?

Misunderstanding.
I quoted your post as an example post that can hardly be disagreed with since your post only asked for a clarification of the previous post (which was a one word post).
I did NOT mean that you abused ratings or that you are a douche. Sorry if it looked like that.
My apology´s if it looked like it was meant against you.

I don't know where you folks are pulling these words out of which I never said I was complaining, I only agreed that you Premiums are making a big deal over 1 little thing that you don't even use.

Alright folks, let's TRY to keep this from going into a flame war, keep it rational.

I SUPPORT the idea but it needs a little tweaking. You really don't need much iron to make a cannon, I think if we could raise the amount of iron needed to make a cannon It'd be a little more fair. After all, does anyone want to start seeing houses with a bottom floor made entirely out of cannons?

It sounds like the people complaining just need to click here

๖ۣۜIn a way, you might have missed something. Some people aren't Premiums because they can't purchase it via these methods, and it's very hard to gain silver as a non-premium. And, plus, 23 perks. And possibly counting. A few too many. Of all things, you did miss, Non-Premiums DO have a disadvantage, being that they cannot use Diamond Armour.

๖ۣۜIn a way, you might have missed something. Some people aren't Premiums because they can't purchase it via these methods, and it's very hard to gain silver as a non-premium. And, plus, 23 perks. And possibly counting. A few too many. Of all things, you did miss, Non-Premiums DO have a disadvantage, being that they cannot use Diamond Armour.

I must admit non-premiums have it very hard, I see nothing wrong with handing over a few(a lot) back to them.

I am not trying to be rude nor mean, I'm not flaming about how non-premiums don't have perks, or getting angry and thinking this is offensive to premiums. I think everyone needs to take step back and think about it. Premiums keep the server going, not saying that non-premiums should not have more perks, but we all need to realize premiums keep the server going.

Can't wait to make the entrance to my base a freaking room where the walls are cannons and the doors lock when you walk in :D

I am not trying to be rude nor mean, I'm not flaming about how non-premiums don't have perks, or getting angry and thinking this is offensive to premiums. I think everyone needs to take step back and think about it. Premiums keep the server going, not saying that non-premiums should not have more perks, but we all need to realize premiums keep the server going.

So if we only let Premiums in the server, what would make the community? Premiums might help keep the server going, but what makes the community and the population, Non-Premium members mainly.

๖ۣۜI never mentioned about being offensive, quite surprised people thought you were, at that.

๖ۣۜBut, still, I have to disagree with your first mentioned thing. If Cannons really are useless and don't work well, at least they're SOMETHING for us instead of not having anything currently. I am pretty sure this cannon suggestion is the only thing to ever even get close to 'approval' if you can even call this that. There have been millions of other requests to get even just the diamond armour back, but was still shot down for the reason of "Premiums are being rewarded, they are earning their money's worth." Well, at the same time, they aren't inspiring people to stay on the server if they can't pay for it, or if they are extreme RPers.

I DID take a step back and thought about this. Did you? We all know premiums keep the server going, why do you keep repeating that? Do you have no valid argument against this idea cause that sure isn't. Cannons are considered useless and hard to use by quite a few premiums and are one of the less important advantages of being premium on this server yet you make it sound as if giving them access to the public would completely DESTROY the premium playerbase. You argue against this point as if I am suggesting making diamond available to nonprems now I suggest you take a step back and think of the positive side of this suggested change instead of posting unhelpful and unconstructive points. Your turn.

I DID take a step back and thought about this. Did you? We all know premiums keep the server going, why do you keep repeating that? Do you have no valid argument against this idea cause that sure isn't. Cannons are considered useless and hard to use by quite a few premiums and are one of the less important advantages of being premium on this server yet you make it sound as if giving them access to the public would completely DESTROY the premium playerbase. You argue against this point as if I am suggesting making diamond available to nonprems now I suggest you take a step back and think of the positive side of this suggested change instead of posting unhelpful and unconstructive points. Your turn.

Did I say that? I look at my last post, I said I wouldn't mind giving non-premiums cannons you need to stop being so offended and frankly rude, really, and when I try to post something creative you just find something wrong with it.

Did I say that? I look at my last post, I said I wouldn't mind giving non-premiums cannons you need to stop being so offended and frankly rude, really, and when I try to post something creative you just find something wrong with it.

I did not see that you did not mind this, and I got the impression that you were completely against this without reason.
I Apologize if my last post was a bit offensive I went a bit too far with that one.

Please keep this as civil as possible. The past posts will stay simply because there is too much content to edit out, but I will warn anybody that makes an offensive or inappropriate comment afterward. Got it? :)

I personally believe that cannons should be available to non-premiums. My reasoning:
  • In RP terms, it seems weird that one person can use a cannon and the other one can't.
  • In PvP terms, it would make fighting easier for the non-premiums because they don't risk dying and losing everything they have, they can just set off cannons like a real siege would.
  • A lot of premiums have said that they don't have much use for them, so it doesn't make sense that the server should restrict this benefit.
  • A number of premiums won't leave the server because cannons were opened up to the public...If you said that the majority of premiums don't even use cannons, then why does it matter to them?
  • Finally, cannons have been heard to be somewhat glitchy and annoying to use, so if a non-premium wants to take a shot at it, fine by me.
Also, a suggestion to the original post, if it wasn't there already: Maybe make it so that only premiums can make cannons, but non-premiums can fire them? Also, maybe make some ammunition that only premiums can use? :)

Imboring56
In my original suggestion post I do also suggest making some ammo types Premium only. If this is considered and ammo restrictions are inacted I would suggest restricting the ammo's that cause special effects like blindness or poison.

Misunderstanding.
I quoted your post as an example post that can hardly be disagreed with since your post only asked for a clarification of the previous post (which was a one word post).
I did NOT mean that you abused ratings or that you are a douche. Sorry if it looked like that.
My apology´s if it looked like it was meant against you.

And I, too, apologize if that post came out harsh. When I receive what I believe to be undue disrespect, I tend to get frustrated.

I've been on this server for over a year, and just 3 months ago did I buy premium. During my time as a non-prem was I complaining? No. I understood that there are certain privileges that only people who help keep the server running deserve.

I do support this idea and I also understand that premiums keep the server going and I am very thankful for that but if everyone looks at the big picture here MassiveCraft is not making enough money anymore there are not many new players coming on anymore so staff are trying to make premium more appealing so more people donate to become premiums, I suppose premiums are trying to hold on to the perks but not because they are all greedy but so more people becoming which means more money for the server. Now don't get me wrong I would like to be able to use a cannon it would add a new and neat perspective to raiding defence. All non perms should pat themselves on the back for staying strong and working for their earned money, and of course there are very very nice premiums who try to help us whenever they can and do not like the New premiums features. All of Massivecraft needs to stop thinking of themselves in one of the 2 groups (premium and non premium) we are all people and we all play on the same server we both need each other and if 1 group goes away then massivecraft goes away as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.