Archived Botteled Blood

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rip Shoul

The lowly sociopath.
Reaction score
Faction
Wilderness
Summary: Being able to put blood in bottles. It would be a portable and more convenient way for vampires to feed, along with adding some realism and lore.
In Depth: This idea would allow people to put their blood in a bottle, and then vampires would be able to use it to feed. It would be a willing giving of blood. It would look like a red potion. A bottle would only be able to hold 2 (Edit: Made it 2 instead of 4) blood, due to the size of the bottle. NOTE: This would not replace the normal way of giving blood. It would just be another possibility.
How It Would Work: A person would hold a bottle in their hand and type command like /v b. The person would then lose that much blood, and the bottle would be named something like "FictionWorm's Blood" or just "Blood". When a vampire drank it, they would gain that many hunger bars and be alerted that they drank somebody's blood.
Pro's:

1. A portable way for vampires to feed
  2. Increased lore as it would allow for more aristocratic vampires and could also make demon-worship more specific. It would be a prized victory artifact (the blood of my enemy and such).
  3. It would add more realism to blood offering
  4. As said in #2, it could open doors to RP demon worshipping or vampire covens
  5. It would make vampires less dependent on finding animals or using their blood-slaves
Con's

1. This might not be possible for coding (if that is the case, then just ignore this thread)
  2. This is the biggest con: People might sell the bottles. This would be bad because although black-market dealings like this would occur, it would not be as large as some people would make it. It could possibly produce more noob vampires. This is my only area of doubt in this. But it could be emended in ways like a person being marked for publicly selling blood or vampires being unable to give blood to bottles.
Remedies For Con's:

1. For traiding, as said above we could remove a vampire's ability to give blood in bottles (RP reason would be that the disease needs to be given to the person right after the blood meets oxygen, otherwise it dies off)
  2. It would be shameful and worthy of execution to be caught dealing blood
  3. It would not have any potion affects, so it wouldn't be useful in making it a splash potion (extra coding would be needing to make this remedy)
Possible Tweaks:
  1. Particle affects would be decided upon by RP-staff, as a person might be able to drink blood without anyone realizing it is blood
  2. Stacking would probably be a no-no
  3. Names and such would be decided upon
Conclusion:
This could add a lot more RP to vampiric feeding and demon worship (along with interior decorating). It would be useful, realistic, and interesting (interesting as vampires could have blood cellars instead of wine cellars).
If you disagree, please put below why and how it could be better. If you agree, it would helpful and informative for you tell why you like the idea.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This could be kind of cool, but I mean, enough noob vamps are walking around in public asking for blood. If this were implemented, the number of these vamps would greatly increase because of all the vampires asking for blood bottles in public. Aside from this, vampires would almost never have to hunt again, which kind of ruins the idea of people being scared to death of vampires. I mean, why be scared of them if they become tame little fairy's that just sit around drinking blood bottles?

Laach

Dang bro, you didn't have to get all snippy. That point was meant to be that I didn't want us to keep going back and forth debating. I appreciated his opinion but I don't want to keep arguing with him. If you could give your reason for disagreeing, that would be great.

Laach

Dang bro, you didn't have to get all snippy. That point was meant to be that I didn't want us to keep going back and forth debating. I appreciated his opinion but I don't want to keep arguing with him. If you could give your reason for disagreeing, that would be great.

Understood. Though my opinion has been stated multiple times (e.g. You can roleplay it out, or kind of OP) I will try to supply my own original thoughts on the idea.

As a Maiar, I feel that the race that I can most feel empathy towards is the vampires. Vampires can breath underwater, they suffer during random parts of the day, and they gain hunger from odd sources. Adding something like this won't only make me feel jealous, it would piss me off.
Maiars have been begging for some sort of food source that they could use on non editable land for quite some time as you may know. The reason we can not do this is because we 'breathe' water, unlike what the lore was previously of us just needing to stay wet. (The announcements haven't changed since then. They will still say lost hunger while in dry environment and gained in wet one.) To see the vampires suddenly effortlessly gain this advantage would irritate me nonstop. Maiars would then remain the only race where you have to work hard to survive without dying by mistake. I admit this sounds selfish of me, but I'd rather have the vampires keep their disabilities.

Also, drinking the water as a potion doesn't have the same affect as roleplaying it out. You drink the potion, it's gone in 3 seconds, you are forced to explain what you were drinking for it to make sense.

Laach

Although your post was very focused around what you thought was fair (which was actually kind of funny), you point kinda resonates with me. I still think blood bottles is a good idea but I will probably suggest improvements to other races as well in the future. I have nothing wrong with other races getting buffs. In fact I am fully supportive of an increase of abilities and RP. So, thanks for your viewpoint.

Laach

Although your post was very focused around what you thought was fair (which was actually kind of funny), you point kinda resonates with me. I still think blood bottles is a good idea but I will probably suggest improvements to other races as well in the future. I have nothing wrong with other races getting buffs. In fact I am fully supportive of an increase of abilities and RP. So, thanks for your viewpoint.

Your welcome. Be sure to remember that bloodlust is still a factor in lore despite its removal in the plugin. Normal vampires are more likely to chug down a bottle of bloodwine than sip it casually.
It would be hilarious to watch in roleplay ~if you know what I'm sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.