Archived Aura Traits~

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Brycea111

Mithrilian Navy and Knight Of Mithril
Reaction score
Lets explore a whole new idea to player versus player combat. An old perk we had in Massive was a race called Vespid. The ability it gave was a very unused perk and no one played with it. Vespid's trait was that for every other Vespid within 30 blocks you gained 3% more damage, maxing out at 30% increased damage.
This has giving birth to all new kinds of ideas in my head, especially the aura traits. Since I had always wanted to play a support role, here is my idea!

Some factions do not have very many good pvpers if not at all.. Most starting factions are just a group of friends who aren't trying to pvp.. But what if they have to? This is where the Aura traits come in. Quite a few factions, new ones mostly do not have enough money/materials to supply themselves in a war. The aura traits would lightly fix that, at a cost though.

Speed One Aura.
Be within 16 blocks of an ally or faction member and they get a speed one effect.
80 Trait points.

Regeneration One Aura.
Be within 16 blocks of an ally or a faction member and they get a regeneration one effect.
100 Trait Points.

Fire Resistance Aura.
Be within 16 blocks of an ally or a faction member and they get a Fire Resistance One effect.

This seems like a lot of + with no -, but here is the kicker.
The person holding the 'Aura' does /NOT/ receive the aura buff, which makes it so not everyone can run the buff. Only certain designated persons can.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So, you could have people running heavy builds with health boost2 and the likes, and then a "Medic" style guy following them with escape traits, such as speed and jump?

I like the sound of that! It'd be a very interesting addition to PVP~
The heavy and the medic share a legendary bromance. A heavy with a medigun up his butt never dies. That is TF2 Medic 101.

Im pulling this back up, can I get a quick clean up @Ha5h

Personally I think 16 blocks isn't large enough. Perhaps 20 or so, because it gets hard to fight with everyone all around another in a spot.

Not to mention an enemy force that has to stick close to each other is an axemans dream (Mmm skullsplitter).

Honestly I think this is a cool idea but I don't really see it helping a whole lot. Potions with the "2" strength will always be preferred for combat and well at least what I have noticed on the battlefield is weaker support troops get targeted over the tankish pvpers that aren't gonna go down easy. It's easier to get your teams KDR up by doing it this way.

Anyway I don't see such an idea negatively effecting pvp so yeah I'm for the idea there's nothing wrong with a little diversity and who knows I may be wrong and it could make for a good team setup.