Archived 3d Models In The Massivecraft Resource Pack

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
*Note: If this suggestion sounds familiar, it is because I had made it before, but due to concerns of the feature being removed in 1.8, the thread was locked. However, since the feature still exists, I have reworked the thread and am re-posting it, seeing as how it is relevant once again.

With the release of 1.8, resource packs have been given a huge update. They can now edit the block models. Now, Massivecraft's resource pack goes for a realistic, nitty gritty look to it. Now, those who love a realistic look would love to see one thing. 3D blocks.

Now, by 3D blocks, I don't mean something like the No More Cubes Mod. I mean something more along the lines of 3D grass, flowers, ladders, etc. Now, a good example of a resource pack like this is shown off quite well by the YouTube channel adamzonetopmarks. I suggest watching this video, as I will refer to it throughout the rest of this thread.

Now, as shown above, a resource pack edits the models of certain blocks that are normally flat, making the world much more alive. However, one issue to not is the lag. Though, there is a simple way to combat this. Less 3D.

You saw in the video that blocks like wooden planks and cobblestone were 3D. Now, this looks very nice and is a great touch, but wood and cobble are everywhere. This causes unbearable lag for places like Regalia. To combat that, I suggest only using the 3D on blocks like flowers, ladders, levers, grass, and ferns. This will reduce lag and still make the world look very beautiful.

Still, though, on some less powerful machines, even just a few 3D blocks will cause moderate to extreme lag. So, what if they were configurable in the resource pack folder, like the custom sounds? Or even have a separate download all together? This would allow those who can run them to have it, but not screw over those who can't handle the more resource intensive models. Overall, this would be a win-win situation.

This would add even more detail to the world of Massivecraft, and would look great in places like the park, just adding on to the quality of the screenshots, promoting our public relations even more.

So, please post you comments, questions, or concerns in the comments below. I read every comment, and am more then happy to help! Have a very Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like this but it would need two texture packs :P A 3D one for people with a good pc and a not 3D one because not everyone has a good pc

I'm not sure if it's possible, but is there a way to just put the 3D edits on the pack just above the normal Massivecraft Pack in the resource pack menu?
If that's the case, an entirely new resource pack might not have to be created for the sake of a few blocks, it can be something players can enable and disable on a whim.
If it isn't, then shame on me for being misinformed.

+1 It would be sketchy for a bit but I think having 3d textures would be a nice touch to the realm of Massivecraft.