What Do Ya'll Think?

adeedaas

The Tuba Man
Reaction score
Faction
TheWall
I was really bored in engineering class after I had completed my assignment for the day, so I used 3D CAD to make a rendition of the fabled "Sword of light". What do yall think?
((Note- The school blocked internet access to us because we knew how to get around the content filters, so I had to use my phone camera :/))
swordoflight-jpg.8855

Couldn't you have put that picture on a usb-stick?
As for the sword... In my opinion it looks a bit futuristic, more like something a power-ranger would use.

Ah, you do 3d art? Same here, I use Autodesk 3dsmax. Made a transparent glass pawn with light coming in through it from different angles. Took my computer, at 100% CPU, to render it in two and a half days. ;)

Couldn't you have put that picture on a usb-stick?
As for the sword... In my opinion it looks a bit futuristic, more like something a power-ranger would use.

It does doesnt it, and im sure none of you have a plugin to use a .ipt or .aim 3d cad file. I will probably make a different rendition, but Inventor can be a bit of a pain

Ah, you do 3d art? Same here, I use Autodesk 3dsmax. Made a transparent glass pawn with light coming in through it from different angles. Took my computer, at 100% CPU, to render it in two and a half days. ;)

This is not supposed to be a 3D art program, it's CAD. All of the sketches are dimensioned and can actually be fed to a CNC mill and cut out XD (The blade is about 4.75 feet long XD)

Ah, that makes sense. My bad, I've never used Inventor from Autodesk, only Maya and 3dsmax. :P