Archived Weapon Watchers

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCCarnilord

Prince
Reaction score
Faction
Inactivity
Kingdom
Inactivity
I wondered if perhaps the guards in regalia can also watch for people with Weapons in their hand, I mean, no one wants to see someone running around with an axe in their hand, and they won't even feel safe. Perhaps the guards can warn the people, then arrest them if you refuse to put it away. Then their punishments and stuff.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well some people use it for roleplay. At the abusement park I frequently pull out a sword and slash the rabid clown back into his cage, but it's all in good fun. I don't think anyone should arrest me for it.

Well some people use it for roleplay. At the abusement park I frequently pull out a sword and slash the rabid clown back into his cage, but it's all in good fun. I don't think anyone should arrest me for it.

Well I don't mean within homes, but I mean more of within the streets, I mean, I don't think you would feel safe seeing someone with a sword right in front of you, Wearing some earpeice from another time.

Well I don't mean within homes, but I mean more of within the streets, I mean, I don't think you would feel safe seeing someone with a sword right in front of you, Wearing some earpeice from another time.

I think what Toxic is saying is adding a realistic Rp concept to it.
In reality, if you were to pull out a knife or a gun or anything, or in the Middle ages a weapon, then you would be arrested or belted.
He's working off this, which gives the guards more of a Role-play role rather then opening a gate.

That makes more sense. But every noob in the the world is going to pull our a weapon in the street because they can. And in the end I feel like it will probably encourage breaking roleplay rather than following it. I know it's not that hard of a rule to follow but it also isn't that hard a rule to break.

Plus everyone will be bitching at the admins "They won't even let us pull weapons out in regalia!" And I don't think they are willing to deal with that.

^^Please note that I was only trying to think of the absolute worst possible outcome of all of this. And i don't actually think it will be this bad except in select cases but still the admins probably won't want to deal with it.

That makes more sense. But every noob in the the world is going to pull our a weapon in the street because they can. And in the end I feel like it will probably encourage breaking roleplay rather than following it. I know it's not that hard of a rule to follow but it also isn't that hard a rule to break.

Plus everyone will be bitching at the admins "They won't even let us pull weapons out in regalia!" And I don't think they are willing to deal with that.

^^Please note that I was only trying to think of the absolute worst possible outcome of all of this. And i don't actually think it will be this bad except in select cases but still the admins probably won't want to deal with it.

Well I suppose it's the same with Vampirism though.
If a vampire is seen in public in Regalia, sometimes the Crimson will arrest them, and they could just refuse if they wanted to as you can't really expect someone to go with you if they don't want to.

Well, at least if someone comes up and
-stabs beow wolf-
they not only could be arrested for terrible RP, attempted murder, but ALSO for holding a weapon.
And, it'd be more realistic, of course they should warn them to pocket it first, but nonetheless, I hope this becomes implemented. Think of all the times you seem to be able to talk about a peace treaty. In full armour. Holding a sword. With crimson coloured stains on it.
Oh, nothing, officer. *Is holding a enchanted sword*
Of course, Hoes would be allowed, right? I've noticed some people like Luthien and Reaver hold a hoe as though a cane, same with Blake and Daechanar.

When I'm in regalia I normally take of my armour and only have my fists out to add to roleplay aswell it helps if my character gets angry I can show it by pulling out his weapon. But I rarely go to regaila my character hates the high walls and the smell of the sewers so I won't notice if this was implemented but I would like it to.

I wondered if perhaps the guards in regalia can also watch for people with Weapons in their hand, I mean, no one wants to see someone running around with an axe in their hand, and they won't even feel safe. Perhaps the guards can warn the people, then arrest them if you refuse to put it away. Then their punishments and stuff.

Most of the time, I don't notice I'm holding a weapon in my hand unti I talk to someone and they ask why i'm holding a sword out. So its kinda unfair to start dishing out punishments just for holding a sword out. Sometimes, I need to tp backto my highly dangerous faction base so I always feel reassured when my weapon is in my hand

Most of the time, I don't notice I'm holding a weapon in my hand unti I talk to someone and they ask why i'm holding a sword out. So its kinda unfair to start dishing out punishments just for holding a sword out. Sometimes, I need to tp backto my highly dangerous faction base so I always feel reassured when my weapon is in my hand

Well, they could warn you first...

I don't.. I go shopping.. I used to anyway...

Actually I mainly keep my weapon out, because I got caught in the last baver attack trying to take my weapon out... I feel more reassured when my weapon is in my hand. Your rule is a good idea but doesn't work well at least with me

If you read my post, they would warn you, and keeping the chat up with your hotbar is smarter considering you can "hear" mrsbaver instead of dying because she was not within your feild of view. I personally always bring my wooden axe with me, its not much, but axes skill and whatnot, considering you can be warned for only holding a weapon, but not a tool used for modern work. (Medieval modern)

Status
Not open for further replies.