Archived Waay Too Many Diamonds!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnar

Marix Vyner
Reaction score
Ok, So when I was trying to sell my diamonds, people said that you can buy/sell them for 0.25 copper each diamond. I then got some diamonds together and decided to sell them for a bit of extra cash. I go to trade chat and there selling a stack of diamond for 8 silver. I have no idea were they all these diamonds and can sell them for so cheap. Either people mine for days and days, or x-ray, or just straight out duping. It kinda gets me pissed off because I can't sell like 10 diamonds because everyone else is selling in bulk, and I can't compete with that. Maybe it's because the server hasn't been reset, and the diamonds have been piling up because majority of the people don't use 24 diamonds on armor and then they might use it to much and destroy it. The diamonds are just piling up, and people have like 5 diamond block stacks and don't even glance at it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The main reason for people having so many diamonds, from my experience, is from prior to the nerfing of fishing. People would get their fishing levels to extreme heights and then use their repair skill to first repair the diamond armor fished out, and then use the salvage ability to get the diamonds back from crafting the armor. The diamonds they are selling are most likely from unused stockpiles.

This has been realized about a year ago, doubt it will ever change.

The main reason for people having so many diamonds, from my experience, is from prior to the nerfing of fishing. People would get their fishing levels to extreme heights and then use their repair skill to first repair the diamond armor fished out, and then use the salvage ability to get the diamonds back from crafting the armor. The diamonds they are selling are most likely from unused stockpiles.

This is the correct answer, getting a stack of diamond blocks was not a hard task when fishing was still not nerfed.

I can't wait till most of these diamonds are used up... that will be a while though.

I can't wait till most of these diamonds are used up... that will be a while though.
I think it will be many months before diamonds will ever return to a normal 50 copper a diam I think there are many more diamonds than you realise, even with the nerfing of fishing there is still the tough problem of dupers

If you find you have too many diamonds, I am happy to relieve your heavy burden. Please deposit unneeded diamonds in my mailbox in Regalia and I will dispose of them properly.

If you find you have too many diamonds, I am happy to relieve your heavy burden. Please deposit unneeded diamonds in my mailbox in Regalia and I will dispose of them properly.

(drunk)(drunk):& You always know jussht waht to say Dr Whooo hooo!

One way to actually get more money would be instead to auction it.
Like, I auctioned off a stack of coal blocks and got 10 silver out of it!
So, it is either you auction them instead of just selling them, or go with the flow and just accept that amount of money.

I think it will be many months before diamonds will ever return to a normal 50 copper a diam I think there are many more diamonds than you realise, even with the nerfing of fishing there is still the tough problem of dupers

They were never at 50c per diamond, even before fishing became an op skill, they were only at like 16-20s per stack.

With my excavation level, every 30 seconds of digging I get 1 diamond.
Really builds up in the desert...

With my excavation level, every 30 seconds of digging I get 1 diamond.
Really builds up in the desert...
Yeah, except excavation to get diamonds makes the world look stupid.
I'm still trying to fix the landscape around Aveyond, and it's almost been a month since the person actually did his 'ravage the landscape' spree.

I would be happy to accept any diamonds any person would happen to not want to give Dr. Fong, just tell me and I will even come to you to get them. I am a bit low right now, so any and all donations are appreciated and promptly accepted!

Diamonds can be found various ways, but I agree, I do suspect that some players do use X-ray to find diamonds. But with the right enchantments and the right cave, you can find large amounts of diamonds. Leather is worth more than diamonds right now it seems. Odd, but thats our world at this moment in time.

I'm sure the Millions of X-Ray modders don't help very much, as Massivecraft either doesn't seem to have a Anti-cheat plugin, or it just doesn't work.

I'm sure the Millions of X-Ray modders don't help very much, as Massivecraft either doesn't seem to have a Anti-cheat plugin, or it just doesn't work.
Massivecraft does have plugins that are supposed to give X-rayers a hard time, and make them easier to find and ban. I have no idea of how effective they are, (I don't use X-rays) but if it is such a problem, then I doubt it works very well. It almost certainly does not work against an x-ray resource pack. However, this is a roleplay server. I do not believe that everyone having a lot of diamonds matters very much to role-play.

One word: Fishing. I got over 10 stacks of diamond blocks from it, with some help from mining. But it was very op.

Status
Not open for further replies.