Archived Update The Dynmap Format

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Aseiros

Builder
Reaction score
I think it would be nice if the Massive team reconfigured the dynamic map to use the Massivecraft texturepack, which is obviously much better than the default. While there are probably reasons why you have not, I would like to throw it out there.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think it would be nice if the Massive team reconfigured the dynamic map to use the Massivecraft texturepack, which is obviously much better than the default. While there are probably reasons why you have not, I would like to throw it out there.
I love this idea! However i do want to point out that Dynmap is indeed NOT a Massivecraft plugin. The specific function that shows faction information and claims.. THAT is Massivecraft owned. But the actual map plugin is 3rd party. Now the ability for a server to decide the texturepack in which their map is displayed is an interesting idea, but that would of course be up to those developers.

It is indeed possible for servers to use their respective Texture Packs as map tiles. However, it would require a complete re-rendering of all existing worlds for the new tiles to be seen, and may cause slight performance issues as the map may struggle to load on lower end computers.

It's all up to the team if they would like to see this through. :)

It is indeed possible for servers to use their respective Texture Packs as map tiles. However, it would require a complete re-rendering of all existing worlds for the new tiles to be seen, and may cause slight performance issues as the map may struggle to load on lower end computers.

It's all up to the team if they would like to see this through. :)
Wow i did not know this was an existing possibility. Now when you say "slight performance issues" is that only the initial switch from default to massive textures? or is that always?

Also im tagging @MonMarty since he does the texturepack stuff

Wow i did not know this was an existing possibility. Now when you say "slight performance issues" is that only the initial switch from default to massive textures? or is that always?

Also im tagging @MonMarty since he does the texturepack stuff
I would assume that the performance issues will stay. After all, there is a huge resolution gap between vanilla Minecraft textures and the ones from our pack.

Thus, each tile being sent from the server to your computer, for example, would take longer and load slower as a result.

I would assume that the performance issues will stay. After all, there is a huge resolution gap between vanilla Minecraft textures and the ones from our pack.

Thus, each tile being sent from the server to your computer, for example, would take longer and load slower as a result.
Actually, I've done it before. It's not that bad, you just have to regenerate every single tile over again. It's a really great idea because people will see what the server actually looks like for once.

This will be noted as a suggestion to be reviewed if it is possible, though if it is possible the priority of this would be extremely low as it does not have an effect on immediate gameplay.