• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

The Traitors Of Crookback

Starliate

Rat King
Reaction score
289427f7e215799ddcb78cd33dd6aaa0.png

try_again.png

███████████████████████████████████████████
═════════════════════════════════
A notice is posted on the many boards in Crookback, each one enchanted with the Terror-Spawn author's essence. As you lift it up, you feel a sense of unease as if something is watching you. The message on the notice is as follows:

Dobryi den. My name is Emile Velkov, and it will forever be so.

I have come to these notice boards again, much like I did for my brother and in the past, in defense of people I hold dear across the bridge. However, that doesn't matter for the time being. Usually, I point at those standing across that bridge and reprimand them for the things they have done, the things they have done to push me into Crookback. Today, I reprimand the ones who are on this side of the bridge.

Yes, this side. The side where we live the way we were meant to, the way that we fight every day to keep. Our freedom, our state of mind, where our loyalties lie, how we cast our magic, and who we worship. Yet Llewyn Omaberos did not retain this freedom. When I speak the name 'Llewyn Omaberos' in public, no matter who I'm talking to or who has had issues with him in the past, every single one of them has agreed that in the end, Llewyn Omaberos did everything for this borough and to fight for our freedom. And yet, no one stepped in to protect him when his freedom had been wrongfully taken from him.

Llewyn Omaberos, once picked me up off the street, housed me, gave me work, and showed me how things were done here in crookback alongside Harlow Ketch and Sempronia de Luzador - who many of you are still grieving over - yet none of you seem to remember how you felt about her death. It's astonishing how many of you can claim to despise the man that took my best friend's life in the name of 'justice', yet cherish and forgive the man who took away a life in his pursuit of changing their faith beyond what they would have wanted in a stable state of mind.

Allow me to remind you all of what happened on January 30th. Llewyn Omaberos had just exited the curing chamber, and in an attempt to escape the pain of their past, they erased their memories and wished for a better life. It's understandable, given the trauma they had endured. They had to face the same two people who had killed their husband, recall the flames that had destroyed their previous home, and witness the occupations that had torn apart their friends. Additionally, they were struggling with a constant battle between faith and affliction.
After that, on February 15th, Llewyn was kidnapped and forcibly converted into a sworn Cahal to Naravan, against their wishes. They were infected and pushed into the Estellon faith with their captor as their guide. This was a clear violation of Llewyn's freedom, yet no one said a thing. Why would they? Perhaps they thought that Llewyn had chosen this path as a way of righting their wrongs in life. Naravan explicitly took advantage of Llewyn when they could not remember why they had strayed from the Estellon faith or even what he had done to them previously, or onto others.

Now we reach a topic that I am not too happy to touch, yet I will for the sake of context. Despite pushing his faith onto Llewyn, Naravan decides it's a great idea and totally acceptable within the confines of his religion to pursue not only the Kathar he had brainwashed romantically but also two Ordial aligned, myself included. I will not dwell on Naravan's disloyalty to Hy'riss, but it is important to note for future reference. Rest assured, Hy'riss, i'm coming for you next.

On April 2nd, Llewyn regained their memories and went out of their way to tell a good portion of the group what had happened to them, including their forced conversion to Naravan's faith. Despite this, many still chose to ally themselves with Naravan and, or by extension, through Hy'riss. Hy'riss herself was informed of everything by both Llewyn and me, but her response was to forgive, forget, and move on. I know little of what went on to cause Naravan to convert and become dread rebirthed, or Hy'riss to consider converting to the Estellon faith, but I don't think that context matters all things considered.

Now we approach the topic of Llewyn's death. Llewyn died starved, caused by being Mythic Cult and having no faith in Estellon/Estelsoor. His body started to wither away, and by the time he was able to partake in a ritual to turn him back, it was far too late. He collapsed on the temple floor, and I had to carry his lifeless body in my arms and bury someone I loved, all in the name of the 'Estellon faith.' despite that faithful having already abandoned his religion and the people he once worshiped besides.

Not that I have reminded you all of the events that took place before Llewyn's tragic death, let me tell you what followed! The Kathar continued to accept Naravan into their spaces, drink with him, chat with him casually, and praise him. Even Llorris, who was horribly upset over Llewyn's death, went on to "defend him" and "provide him a second chance" the very same day that Llewyn had passed away. Many of you, including Hy'riss, have continued to defend this murderer, who has become a stain in our home after being shunned from his own both within and outside the city (you know what I'm talking about, "Naravokh").

Where is the same rage that you held for Gyrivenn after Sempronia's death? Where is Llewyn's justice? Hell, even the people who came to the Graveyard and threatened me, pushed me aside, and blamed me for his death had more respect for Llewyn than you all ever will.

I am disgusted and revolted by the fact that some of you continue to forgive this vile man, acting as if he is a 'troubled' little angel who deserves a second chance. Since Llewyn's passing, I have had to restrain myself in front of all of you. Llewyn's second chance is being confined to a suit of armor that I cannot hug or talk to the same way I could with the Kathar I deeply cared for. Because of him, Llewyn's family and loved ones will never get to see him, some not even having the chance to say their goodbyes before he passed away. I implore you all to cast out this wicked man and beg Llewyn for forgiveness. You were traitors to him even as his body lay in the Crookback Graveyard under soil and flowers bundled just for him.

If not, you'll soon meet your judgment day- but not by justice, but by vengeance.

Hy'riss,

I hope you'll find it in your heart to repent. I know you're better than this, i've seen you be better than this. Don't make me do anything that would hurt the both of us.

P.S

WEWEWE.png

@Rowet
@lorvikar
@GRIST_

The headless suit of armor stood, staring at the notice as the people of the Crookback Borough passed them by. They were inanimate - but warm-hued flames burst from the neck of the armor, twisting & shaping into Llewyn, but not when he was bound to the Mythic Cult --

But when he belonged to the Void. When he was free. When he was happy. Gauntleted hands reach for the notice to gently make contact - & create a magical copy forged of fire - before it twisted into an exact copy of the original notice. The Hollowed Soldier handled this copy with extreme care, as if it was the most expensive diamond they received - despite being a replica.

Unlike most Undead, Neovokh held a strong emotional connection with their memories, understanding the intent behind every move they made. But at the consequence of being extremely self-aware, they didn't understand the intention behind everyone else's moves made against them. This connection would gradually fade, over time, they knew - but they kept a journal.

Water douses the flames, for a brief moment, as what appeared to be tears spilled down their cheeks. This was a relic - evidence that someone who resided in Crookback, who knew them - genuinely wanted justice for them.

They held the parchment close, as they bowed their head and silently wept. Both tears of joy, and tears of sorrow. They couldn't decipher what emotion - but they knew the tears of anguish only ignited the flames of rage further until they reached their hottest. And when they reached their hottest - it would be devastating. For everyone around them, & themselves.

Surely that would be a while from now.

A brief response was left, though who wrote it was clear.

Naravan is dead. He now belongs to the Void. If you seek retribution, you will only find misery and a man who is no longer there.

A brief response was left, though who wrote it was clear.

Naravan is dead. He now belongs to the Void. If you seek retribution, you will only find misery and a man who is no longer there.
Just as short as the lackluster reply, another is pinned.

"Just because you alignment swapped doesn't mean you're absolved of all your crimes. You are just as guilty as a void tainted Kathar as you were before, and you are not forgiven."

Emile & Llewyn,

I will start off by saying that I do not condone the ruthless actions of Naravokh. I do not condone his disloyalty, nor the pain he caused you or Llewyn. I do not write this for his sake - but for the other friends that have been mentioned. And I will not continue to make this about him.

What I believe however, most fail to realize is that he is simply being used as a pasty for Llewyn's pain. Llewyn who has never once taken responsibility for their part in all of this.

It is Llewyn who regardless of all warnings often would run off and get into trouble. It is Llewyn who continued to not heed any words of ours and put themselves through rage and anger while there were those dutifully supporting them from the sides. How many times have Rennyn, Viola, Leila and Myself tried to talk to you? How many times have we hugged and tried to help only for you to spit on our actions and continue to bring yourself pain.

These people grieve for you and you have the AUDACITY to blame them. They weep for you even now after you continued to sideline their help.

Personally, I'm done with that shit. Help yourself for once and stop blaming everyone for your problems.

Emile,
I'm sorry we will have to fight over this. You do not deserve more pain but I will not back down from this hill.

Signed,
Hy'riss

@Rowet @Starliate

Just as short as the lackluster reply, another is pinned.

"Just because you alignment swapped doesn't mean you're absolved of all your crimes. You are just as guilty as a void tainted Kathar as you were before, and you are not forgiven."

- The word 'tainted' would be smeared out with ink, and crudely written over with 'blessed'. -

A small note is pinned to the board and response, written in rich magenta ink and scribed by careful claws.
━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━​
To All Who Hurt,

I am sorry.

I know I am an outsider looking in on a story that has unfolded whilst I sat far removed. I know I, perhaps, have no room to speak. So I apologize, sincerely, that I am going to speak regardless. I would rather earn your ire then let words go unspoken that should not to unspoken.

You're angry. You're angry enough that it hurts and it makes it hard to breathe, a deprivation of air so much that it is making it hard to think about anything other than that anger. You're angry for good reason: you've lost people. You've lost a loved one, and all the love you felt for them is replaced by a chasm that only anger can fill. Because love is warmth and anger feels so similar to that familiar heat.

But I worry what you drive yourselves and others to by this call for vengeance. Not justice, not accountability, vengeance. You said it yourself: this need for revenge is driving all your words and threats, guiding your hand to its bloody intent against others. Others who have wronged you, yes, but others who are people all the same.

And why I worry is this: vengeance doesn't solve anything. I would have hoped that the world would see this by now, in the lessons of our ancestors and past civilizations. They all now stand dead, and what good did vengeance do any of them? You don't make anything new, you don't heal through revenge, all you do is break more. You can't heal by breaking. You can't rebuild by only seeking to tear things down.

This isn't the time for forgiveness, not yet. The wound is still open and you are still grieving, but please, for your own sake, for the sake of the world you will leave behind, is this truly what you desire? Is this what you want the world to remember of you: that you sought to kill a tormented man for your own sake?

Killing another won't bring back what has been lost. Putting another body in a graveyard won't fill the absence that resides in your heart and core right now. Hold onto the memories that you have, but understand that someday you have to let go and let yourself forgive, whether that's another, or the world, or yourself. Because living forever in pursuit of vengeance isn't living.

I know I have much to learn as well, I'm not alone in feeling. I too must learn to forgive myself, to forgive my faults and my downfalls, and to owe up to my own part in being unable to save Llewyn. So rather than choosing to destroy myself over vengeance, I am choosing the road of healing.

And to Emile, specifically, I will start this road: I am sorry. I am sorry for stepping where I was now allowed to, and I am sorry that the world has wronged you so much. The world has been cold to you, but there is still life and love to be found amongst the living. You don't have to hold onto the dead forever, it's okay to let them go. They will not mind.

I hope these words mean something. I sincerely do.

Signed,
Naviri of the Watchers of the Sundered Sky
━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━​

Neovokh hadn't planned to write to save paper, but it rattles out an exhale. It scribes - and tacks their notice by Hy'riss' politely, to not obscure it in any fashion. [ @GRIST_ ]

--
To Hy'riss, and whomever else reads,

I am writing this because I have a feeling my words were misinterpreted & I want to address a few points.

I don't understand how I'm not taking responsibility for the actions that were ruthlessly sliced onto me & bound to something I tried to escape from. I don't understand how me 'running off into trouble' suddenly implies 'you deserve to be converted & you deserve to die'. I don't understand how you can sit here & imply I had it coming when I erased my memories to escape to a better life, because I knew I couldn't survive.

I don't understand how you can sit here and use me 'running off into trouble' as a point against me, when Naravokh does the exact same thing.

But even when I tried to run to a better life, not even a month goes by - and I'm dragged to Estellon. I am bound to a Faith that I had escaped from. I am bound to it and my lack of faith in it, my hatred of it even - ends up withering my body away to where I could barely fight. To where I was but that same child who couldn't breathe.

I am not blaming them for my pain, Hy'riss. I am blaming them for aiding the person who caused my demise, who - as you can see - attempted to absolve himself of his transgressions simply because he was Rebirthed. I am blaming them for betraying me, making pleasant conversation with the individual who is solely responsible for his crimes, and having drinks with him.

If my closest family & my friends can betray me, then who else will?

Maybe I wasn't clear in my wording, and for that I genuinely apologize. If you (or anyone else) want to speak more on this - find me. I'm not writing any more than this to save paper & to not clutter the noticeboards.

Lle Neovokh.

A piece of parchment sits neatly placed alongside that scribed in magenta ink, It's own contents carefully penned in its own inked words.

"Let us not sow the seeds of a story of blood and tear, of conflict and war between the very friends and family we have endured thus far alongside.

Snuff out the tale for the songbird's call, of a time where vengeance and pain pits those with such close bonds against one another, with cold steel and burning ire.

Do not forget that the very one who had wronged you in life, stood among those who risked all in the final effort to save you. Who threw themselves to the vengeful mob that has already come for his head. Do not misunderstand these words, however, as an excuse for what role they had to play in the fate that transpired, but do not fail to speak of the many facets of this story as it continues to unfold even now.

I do not know not how this next chapter shall unfold, none do. But let us not look away from the wise and gentle words written by kind Naviri. Let us not forget that even we ourselves have much to learn, to learn and open to the stories of those around us, their impact on our own.

To Who once was Llewyn, I am Sorry. Sorry for being unable to aid you in escaping this fate. Still fondly do I look back on times long past now, where a Kathar did laugh at the minstrel bringing a lute to battle without a single piece of steel. In the end, that very minstrel was absent , when you fell between the claws of Sabola and Heishan. The minstrel who. , could only watch as their friend did wither as a candle's wick does burn. Many here speak of you alongside rashness, reckless fury and vengeance, of past wrongs and mistakes.

Do not forget your own kindness. The heart which struggled to tell those they cared for of their coming fate. The one who rages even now, not only for their own tragic fate due to the actions of Naravokh, but because of rashness that puts those loved ones at risk. I beg that you not, even unintentionally, turn your ire towards those you did so much for, those who wished only to return that kindness , and even now mourn and weep for a fallen friend. Do not look back, and see the faces of those you so say betray you, and look upon them forced to strike on you in defense of those your words have others now label them traitors.

I do not know what comes next, but I hope these words at the very least make those reading it, look out to the facets of the stories playing out around them, and by extension, the people carving them out. I don't know what the next chapter holds, but I only hope it is not something that will become a deep, unforgettable , regret.

- Asp Phyrelian

Narla furrowed her brows.

After the dozens of olive branches she'd offered and the dozens of times she'd been left nothing but to wonder if her sacrifice was even seen, the Maraya gives up.

Turning away from a self-inflicted tragedy, she turns her gaze towards the other things in life; those she can still help, those that weren't a bottomless pit feeding on her golden heart.

Three blue-eyed crows perch on the one-horned Maraya's shoulders, a permanent reminder that her sacrifice has been left unseen.

Only a brief note with a crow's feather was left on the stack of arguments:

"LOOKING FOR STRAY CROWS IN NEED OF A GOOD HOME

Send note to the Scavenger's shrine of Ghilland for inquiries and crow delivery."

[!] A note was delicately tacked onto the main post, written in a flowing and curling script.

Do not stain the whole of a community with the actions of one.

We all mourn Llewyn's death. In the middle of what was supposed to be a rebirth, Osivara brought an ailing Llewyn to me with a plea of help. To sacrifice a sacred day for herself into something that would potentially save the dying Kathar. After Osivara's rebirth, I took help from everyone in the room to attempt something that only an Arken or stronger could do- to cleanse Llewyn of Exist and shift them back to the Void.

In enacting a ritual that could have killed all present, I tried to save them. I did whatever I could within my power to help. Everyone in the room sacrificed some of themselves to try to fix this, from Kathar, to Ailor, to Yanar and more.

And still, it was not enough.

They were left with nothing. A blank slate. Neither Exist nor Void, and in my exhausted state I still tried to fix it, tethering myself to them to keep them alive with my own innate magic. Still, it was not enough.

Their last request was to be brought to Kelemvor. You know the rest.

Naravokh took responsibility for his actions, even in a manner that paints him in a much worse light than perhaps intended. I will not defend his actions for his past crimes. I will not attempt to absolve any others of the anger they have towards this man, the harm that he has brought them. I still harbor my own anger towards him. I will, however, defend the actions and motivations of my community. He has been given a second chance to fix his former mistakes, to live his life anew. And there is nothing wrong with holding out hope for him to change.

If Naravokh continues to sully his own name, that is his prerogative. If he becomes a danger to my community and my people, then I will take any actions I deem necessary. If you wish to seek retribution on him for past crimes, then let it be a penance he must pay before he can fully draw into redemption, if possible. I will not stop you. Some lessons must be learned through bloodshed. Some prices can only paid in pain.

But do not drop the axe on the heads of those who are holding out hope that he may become better than he is.

- Norrvara Vaskiirn
Void Priestess

(( @Starliate ))

- Norrvara Vaskiirn
Void Priestess
[!] Another tacked on, an afterthought.

And to Naravovkh, should he read this. A reminder:

I only give second chances once.

If you want to be better, start using your brain. The sins of your past will still chase you, no matter what form you take. You must find a way to cleanse yourself of them in order to truly be born anew.

You cannot fix this with brute force and arrogance.

Find a way to be better, lest your peers abandon you in your failures.

(( @PaladinoGui ))