Archived The /nick System - Suggest Features To Cayorion

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayorion

Server Founder
Reaction score
I'm still coding on our /nick system. It's not perfect yet. Please help me by providing ideas and feedback. What do you like? What do you dislike? What changes could we make to it?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why do you think the power level should stay? I think it is pointless. It takes away from the RP experience, and it isn't a very useful stat, sort of like your Kill/Death Ratio in FPSes (?). Most people don't care about their KD, what they care about having fun. And so it is with power levels. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Indeed it maybe does take away from the RP experience but it's good to see atleast the total amount of your mcstats/power level instead of maybe going in every time on the website to check out a MCstat for someone.

But if it's possible Cayorion it would be create if there was a command which made basicly that you could compare your mcstats with someone. For example a command for this would be ''/mcstats (player name)''. But if you maybe just wanted to see only one skill you maybe could do the same command (''/mcstats (player name'') but adding a (skill) on the end of the line in case you just want to see only one skill, and on the left side or somewhere maybe in the chat, your own stats would come up and see that you can compare.

Indeed it maybe does take away from the RP experience but it's good to see atleast the total amount of your mcstats/power level instead of maybe going in every time on the website to check out a MCstat for someone.

But if it's possible Cayorion it would be create if there was a command which made basicly that you could compare your mcstats with someone. For example a command for this would be ''/mcstats (player name)''. But if you maybe just wanted to see only one skill you maybe could do the same command (''/mcstats (player name'') but adding a (skill) on the end of the line in case you just want to see only one skill, and on the left side or somewhere maybe in the chat, your own stats would come up and see that you can compare.

All you have to do is keep the mcmmo skills tab open and type in a username. And also, power level isn't representative of how good a player is at gathering materials or in combat.

Wait a sec, the /nick command is avaible for all? That would be cool. (Im unaware and not notified about this)

I think the idea about only players who have their character approved should have the /nick
It annoys me people running round with names like "god" and "friend" just irritating and ruins a lot of roleplay's

~Aus

I'll admit, watching people running about with the name "Honeydew" does get on my nerves...

I do think making this slightly stricter as to who can use the command would be best. How this would be done however, I am unsure. It would be an extra bit of work for staff, something we don't want.

I think we should do what we always do... Ignore the noobs.
They've done a lot worse then 'names' like 'honeydew', and we were able to ignore them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.