Archived The /nick System - Suggest Features To Cayorion

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayorion

Server Founder
Reaction score
I'm still coding on our /nick system. It's not perfect yet. Please help me by providing ideas and feedback. What do you like? What do you dislike? What changes could we make to it?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Maybe only give the /nick command to those we have their RolePlay character Approved? That way more people would try to come online to the forum and write a cool RP story and it also encourage more people to RolePlay?

And also, it would be nice, in my opinion, to have those names in global, alliance, trade aswell, it wouldn't be hard for some poeple to just simply type /real name Bornuan StormHammer, or something like that.

And also, it would be nice, in my opinion, to have those names in global, alliance, trade aswell, it wouldn't be hard for some poeple to just simply type /real name Bornuan StormHammer, or something like that.
But there is 1 more thing...those greifers/hackers will be using that Name to Greif or even hack and sometimes that name could be used by other innocent people.(that's just in my opinion)
I think if iam in your opinion I would say that not every people in the server is greifers of hackers and we always can trust somebody :p

Just a compatibility question. I tried to choose a /nick and got an error saying there was already an account with that name. If someone gets a mojang account with a name that someone is already using as a /nick and then joins massivecraft, what happens to the new member and the person's /nick?

Maybe only give the /nick command to those we have their RolePlay character Approved? That way more people would try to come online to the forum and write a cool RP story and it also encourage more people to RolePlay?
some people dont have access to the forums, that wouldnt work.

But there is 1 more thing...those greifers/hackers will be using that Name to Greif or even hack and sometimes that name could be used by other innocent people.(that's just in my opinion)
I think if iam in your opinion I would say that not every people in the server is greifers of hackers and we always can trust somebody :P

When you use command /he tool it should pop out your real name.. so there is no problem. .;-)

I think the your players nicname should not show up first. I should be in the brackets, not vice versa

Nah, because the other chat channels aren't meant for or conducive to roleplay.

One of my posts from the other thread:

I [...] think a toggle feature should be included regarding the display of usernames. Players could type /nick toggle,t usernames,u to turn the (prestatamore) part off wherever my name would be displayed. Players could be totally immersed in rp in doing so (if they so desired) and would only momentarily have to pop out of it to toggle usernames on and see who's who. Or, if they wanted, they could just leave usernames on at all times. This provides more options for those who wish to become more immersed in their character and environment.

For example, if you appear in-game as Alex Kade (MonMarty), [...] I could type /nick t u and make you appear to me as just Alex Kade. If I forgot who Alex Kade was, I could toggle usernames back on, remind myself who he is by seeing that he is MonMarty, then toggle usernames back off.

I do not agree with this idea, because i have had my roleplay introduction up since june 8th, and it still has not been approved, and i have spent too much time on it. I feel its almost being ignored, and I really have tried my best, and it hasnt even been moved. I do not agree to this idea.

I also disagree with this, not everyone wants their RPcharacter on here specificly for RP reasons. Enjoying the mystery so to say.

I'll admit, watching people running about with the name "Honeydew" does get on my nerves...

I do think making this slightly stricter as to who can use the command would be best. How this would be done however, I am unsure. It would be an extra bit of work for staff, something we don't want.

Jared, Cayorion could create a thread somewhere where players can apply to have their in-game nickname manually set to something by staff upon approval, removing the players' ability to change their nicknames at will.

Then what happens to people who use more then one character? I know about 3 people who regularly switch between two characters.

Good point. Players could have multiple approved nicknames on queue for use at anytime.

I think that we should remove the power level and place the real name where the power level was. Then the nickname goes on top of the real name. The whole power level thing is unrealistic anyway, unless everybody is wearing a scouter.

I think that we should remove the power level and place the real name where the power level was. Then the nickname goes on top of the real name. The whole power level thing is unrealistic anyway, unless everybody is wearing a scouter.

Or possibly

NICK
USERNAME [XXXX]

Where XXXX represents power level.

I'll admit, watching people running about with the name "Honeydew" does get on my nerves...

I do think making this slightly stricter as to who can use the command would be best. How this would be done however, I am unsure. It would be an extra bit of work for staff, something we don't want.
I havent seen any honeydews...

The only personal current problem I have with the /nick system is that "Lysander la Rue" Doesn't fit above my head and so to most people I'm just "Lysander la".

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, it's nothing major just slightly annoying.

The only personal current problem I have with the /nick system is that "Lysander la Rue" Doesn't fit above my head and so to most people I'm just "Lysander la".

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, it's nothing major just slightly annoying.
You could use only your first name

I personally think that the power level should stay. Instead try to place the name right above or under the RP name, so it isn't on the side and look completley strange.

That can not be fixed. It's a limitation in minecraft itself.

Could colors possibly be allowed? For example, my character is a dark character, so I would like his RP name in gray or black letters. Would that work?

Could colors possibly be allowed? For example, my character is a dark character, so I would like his RP name in gray or black letters. Would that work?

It's implemented but only available to team members / staff. We want the colors to mean something to have value. Right now they do. White means non-premium, green means premium, yellow means staff rank1, gold means staff rank2, aqua means staff rank3.

If people could use all kinds of colors they would no longer be useful for indicating your "group" would they?

I personally think that the power level should stay. Instead try to place the name right above or under the RP name, so it isn't on the side and look completley strange.

I would like it to be possible to do this. Sadly we cant. It's not possible from a tech perspective. I can modify the first line only. The modifications possible is adding in at most 16 characters before and 16 characters after the player name.

Yogscast fanboys are the most annoying fanboys in my opinion. My friend trys to "act British" now, and be like them. He really is pretty weird...

Why do you think the power level should stay? I think it is pointless. It takes away from the RP experience, and it isn't a very useful stat, sort of like your Kill/Death Ratio in FPSes (?). Most people don't care about their KD, what they care about having fun. And so it is with power levels. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.