The Future Of Factions.

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by Morbytogan, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Made_By

Made_By Holy King of the Steadfast

As far as I know last time faction prices were truly expensive was in 2012/13. Before regals.

2. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

2500 regals was expensive and that was in 2016/17 I do believe

3. enderdragon

enderdragon Consistently Inconsistent

This idea has been suggested and implemented before. I think it could work given certain circumstances, but as @Sevak has said, the population in factions is incredibly low, so if it does make a difference it would not be very noticeable.

With that said, my thought is that reigniting pvp should not be the primary focus of the players, but instead should be directed towards player retention in factions. PVP will naturally follow if the factions world is filled with players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Supremium

How about we do some external PR? Haven’t seen anything lately

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Jalapeno690

Been saying that since 2017, any PR is quite lack lustre and just involves an insta pic of a new regalian district, perhaps update to 1.13, bring back a few old exciting features eg vampires and get a youtuber on board

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. enderdragon

enderdragon Consistently Inconsistent

I definitely think updating the server is a step in the right direction, though I know the tech staff is heavily understaffed so it may still be some time till an update happens.

As for youtubers, if I remember correctly, staff were not interested in forking over a large chunk of money so that all the players brought in by the youtuber would quit in a day. Maybe if MassiveCraft had their own youtube channel... That might be more interesting!

7. Jalapeno690

No one ever mentioned staff paying for it, pm me on discord and I’ll tell you more

8. Herecy

Herecy Demon king & Founder of Wrath

This is something i can't see changing. Although we like to say rpers "dont come to the factions worlds because there is nothing going on," that is not the reason at all. The issue occurred once Regalia was mainstreamed, and offered the least path of resistance for those wanting to rp. The factions worlds were given less and less history, the ability for great ruins to exist were eliminated, and all rp updates after a certain point in this process catered only to regalia. It took forever for factions worlds to become easily accessed when /tp was enabled in the beginning, and as @Sevak stated before the server is just not standing out when it comes to promotion. While an argument for another "reset" is being brought up, that would also not be anywhere near worth the work required for it to happen. Resets are intended to be something you could relate to an opening night for a movie or a new HCF Map or whatever else you'd like to compare it to. something needed for such an event to matter are players. Resetting the factions worlds given it's current active player base would only kill the server more. I personally believe the only true way to fix this problem would be to make rp safe cities in the factions worlds and stop enabling such a rift to exist, forcing factions players and rpers to be in the same worlds. With there being mostly two different types of players, and two different (basically) different gamemodes the rift will always exist. Rpers can sit tucked away in regalia and never even have a conversation with someone who plays factions simply because of the fact that the other "side" is not necessary for their preferred play style. That being said, we all know this is a ridiculous proposition and anything that is to be made in factions can and always be only temporary. The factions worlds is empty without all aspects whether it be rp, pvp, survival, etc. For any sort of "permanent" change to take place, labels have to be dropped and massive needs to stop trying to be a hub server.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Jareth

Jareth babe with the power (they/them)

i think we need to give new players a reason to stay and that is the server's biggest downfall. when someone joins, what do they do? well, they struggle learning the chat figure, are clueless as to what to do, and there's no real process in getting them started. i feel like it should be the job of PR or a different dedicated department to help new players get started or for there to be a cleaner tutorial or something. lots of people in rauru were relatively newish when they joined and i like to think the way we handled new players helped keep them stay, but idk. i don't think we have to do something this drastic or desperate. once players have a purpose and understand what they can do, i feel like they're more inclined to become regulars.

also me and siosie were dedicated to making our faction feel like a community instead of a bunch of old friends reigning over noobs that just give them clout. we'd all watch movies together, build together, and hop on vc to do something fun when we got raided bc we couldn't really defend ourselves. there's a labor of love required, but i think we kinda need to stop trying to perpetuate these desperate attempts to do things that just makes the faction world feel artificial and forced. it was once fun because conflict and factions started far more authentically. marty i think just doesn't really feel as inspired with factions, so i don't think he's the man for the job.

honestly, i've been here for a while as jareth and my other alias @Kyrakshi . i like to think there's some credence to my experience but i know things have changed.

#49 Jareth, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  10. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

remake rauru so i can raid weddings again

11. Jareth

Jareth babe with the power (they/them)

kinda down ngl

i still think we need a better way to integrate new players into the community with better external PR. new players don't know what to do. we see 'em join, but they never seem to stick around much. factions has to be authentic. we can't try to force it. otherwise it becomes artificial and desperate crap.

at least, in my experience

• Agree Agree x 3
    #51 Jareth, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  12. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

Been saying this for so long now. I put a vote for 2500r fac cost in the Factions Discord and it got something like 30Y-8N, so it's clearly supported. Not sure why it hasn't been taken further along yet.

13. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

I would like factions a lot more of hiding for your life wasn’t a constant part of the experience. Just the other day I was even killed by someone clipping fireballs through my base. That’s really fun and engaging.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Made_By

Back in Ellador and Daendroc maps, ruins were always a fun way as a new player to explore and gather some starting loot at the very least. And multiple times I have seen factions claim ruins and reconstruct the area.

I don't see why we should split the factions and rp market up, would that not just split the community even further?

15. Made_By

There are many ways to avoid needing to hide for your life. Give in to their surrender term or have an ally or be part of a faction that is competent in defending you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Made_By

Also, curious to see that basically no staff have commented on this post despite it being up for over a month?

17. Genecide65

Genecide65 Mich

how do you make a crafting table?

18. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

buy supremium first

19. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

What happened to game2?

20. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

who knows lol