Archived The Faction Permission System

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Lyee

Your Best Enemy
Reaction score
Faction
N/A
Kingdom
The New Tyberian Empire
So, I was working on a post about reviving factions, when Marty posted his whole (amazing) blog-thread-announcement. In light of that, let's talk about something else; the faction permission system! As it is currently, this system allows you to enable a player (or faction) to edit (or not edit) a chunk. While this is defiantly a helpful feature, it leads to problems such as said player/faction being able to edit all structure above and below their house, or other structure. In addition, it means that you have you work with the grid of chunks, if you don't want the player/faction to have access to the nearby house. As a proposal to fix what I see as an issue, something such as the As Regions system would help extremely, though admittedly cause issue of it's own. Such would include having tons of non-grid-conforming spots with player access, as well as problems if you want a player/faction to have permissions to a large area that includes the smaller one. To fix this issue, you may need to find a way to merge the Region and Access systems. While such would be rather difficult to program and put in the game, it'd probably be worth it in the long-run.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think this is much of a problem at the moment. Sure it would be nice to give more precise permissions besides only being able to give them in chunks, but its not something I've ever seen anyone complain about it and would rather see the few people we have who know how to code working on something more pressing.

I don't think this is much of a problem at the moment. Sure it would be nice to give more precise permissions besides only being able to give them in chunks, but its not something I've ever seen anyone complain about it and would rather see the few people we have who know how to code working on something more pressing.
A very good point, this would be low priority.