The Imperial Court: Hunting System

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Northern_Ireland, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With my new inclusion as a Master of Prowess, I wish to provide a brief explanatory post as to the system I have developed for use on Imperial Hunts. Additionally, I will be outlining new additions to the way hunts have been operated in the past, relevant professiancies, weapons, and the new hunting etiquette system which will be put in place when on the trail:

New Additions:
    • New Trails: While still operating primarily out of the Imperial Lodge. On occasion, new trails will be scouted and made available for the peerage to tread on. Alpine trails with new corresponding DM’d events will be in the works soon.
    • Hunting Parties: Groups of nobles, be it a family unit or party of friends can band up under a party name and compete with other parties for the best hunting-prize. A leaderboard detailing notable hunts, trophies or displays will be displayed at the Imperial Lodge. Winners will be detailed at the end of every four-month season, alongside their range of rewards.
    • Celebratory Feasts: Occasional events will be conducted at the Imperial Lodge to bolster activity in the region. Hunted game will be made available as peers reminisce of their prowess on the trails.
    • Hunting Etiquette: A system of etiquette has been written IC to enable peers to know what is and isn’t good conduct when engaging in a hunt. This will be released in the coming days.

Proficiency and Weapon Guide

Hunts are DM’d (Dungeon Mastered) events overseen by myself or other Masters of Prowess. While it’s up to a given Master’s discretion how exactly the events are managed and how success/failure is calculated, I have compiled a brief overview of how I will be overseeing my events and the relevant professiancies I account for.

Hunting Art: Perhaps the most important hunting-related proficiency. Hunting art is utilised primarily for the tracking of animals, being able to recognise signs of animal activity and at higher levels knowing exactly what animals are in any given area. Hunting art provides a large benefit to tracking calculations and a bonus to combat calculations when attacking an animal.
    • Trapmaking and the performance of animal calls to attract prey may also be conducted at a professiant level by those possessing this proficiency.

Combat Proficiencies: Another key proficiency when engaging in hunts. Typically hunters will utilise either heavy or light ranged combat when in combat. Generally, this will fall under the utilisation of hunting bows, crossbows or hunting-spears however typically a hunting party will also have access to melee weapons in the form of standard spears- provided by hunting-caddies when required. This provides a large benefit to combat calculations.
    • Participants with hunting art will also be able to determine what type of weapon is most befitting for a given game type, though this is usually common sense.

Perception Art: This provides a wide-range of benefits while on the trail- some of which may not necessarily be related to the hunt exclusively, but will allow some to pick-up unseen details or trinkets when wondering the trails, Those with this proficiency may be able to detect the lingering gaze of a wolf on their group, hear the crack of a twig in the bushes or any other manner of strange occurrences the less perceptive in the group would ignore.

Pathfinding Art: A more limited proficiency for use in a particular set of circumstances, such as overcoming small cliffs or wading through rivers. While small- knowledge of pathfinding may be pivotal in finding hidden routes to game or treasures.

OOC Note: Allowances will be made to mesh common sense alongside these rolls, they are by no means set in stone as to enable flexibility, as ultimately the priority in these events is providing an enjoyable experience while remaining fair to the professiancies and interests of the characters. Those without relevant professiancies will still be included fairly as to provide an enjoyable experience.

Concluding Words
    More information will follow, the best way to find out more as to how these hunts are conducted is to attend one yourself. Typically they will be announced in Noble Events and will be limited to a maximum of six participants to ensure each member receives their due attention.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2