Archived The Daendroc Deletion. Chance For An Epic War To Celebrate An Epic Map.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

kniferharm

ILoveEveryone
Reaction score
Faction
Brightshore
While as far as I know there has been no estimated time of deletion for Daendroc, we all know that it must eventually come about. The map that has spawned so many wonderful factions and so many huge wars deserves a proper send off before its deletion because otherwise we would be letting one of the greatest maps ever slip silently into the dust.
I propose that to celebrate the huge wars that have gone on their we hold a final one, this is not just a small raid that I am talking about, I am talking about a 6 hour war with all of the factions that choose to be involved slugging it out in a huge competition for supremacy.

The proposal=
Firstly all faction claims should be removed 48 hrs before the deletion of the map, then with help from the admins all factions or alliances that choose to take part may set up a flag at a chosen location (Not within 32 chunks of another flag.) This may be in an abandoned building or anywhere, however a rule might be added which states that owners if they can provide evidence that they constructed a specific building should gain priority on the claim of a building.
Secondly after the flags have been lain down there is a 24 hour build time, whence the teams can build within 16 chunks of their flag however they choose, adorning it with traps, cannons and other assorted defences. The 24hr time limit should be used as many players live in different time zones and as such it would be unfair to limit it less than 24 hrs. There should arguably be a rule that prohibits for example members from other teams damaging defences of another team during this time.
Finally beginning at a time that the staff choose (not necessarily at the end of the build time) then the 6 hr war will begin. I am in support of a style which would be that destroying and digging through defences should be allowed, as well as (at the staffs discretion) the enabling of TNT. This would encourage a huge war that engulfs the entirety of Daendroc in the fiery end that it deserves. As well as this we would still have in operation a capture the flag policy (which I would imagine to be similar to that of siege) the winning alliance would be the alliance that holds the most flags at the end of the competition, and at the discretion of the staff a prize of some description be given to the winning faction, (ideas include Named and lore God weapons or a bunch of epic lore items.) Also I would encourage the distribution of an event item to all participants.

Extra Ideas and debates=
1. Would armour and weapons be introduced on a kit system exclusive to the faction members in Daendroc or would it have to be brought in by players.
2. As previously stated the addition of TNT into the war, which might provoke explosive damage (However it is arguable that it would make defending near impossible.
3. Premium only or not?
4. Maximum sizes of faction alliances or maximum members per team? This may result in larger factions having multiple teams.
5. Or there is the possibility of selling team entry in the donor shop for example $50 per team.
6. Limiting trait builds. or altogether banning the Vampire ability (it gives a significant amount of player advantage especially in a region style war.

Conclusion=
While I'm sure that if your a member of the tech staff or a game or PvP admin you are looking at this as being nearly impossible to carry out, it would truly be a wonderful end to Daendroc and while it will take a lot of advanced planning it could be one of the greatest events in Massivecrafts history and arguably greatly enhance the PvP community as well as encouraging those who are perhaps not as experienced in PvP to compete with factions like Liath and Magnanimus. Also if you choose it could also be a source of income for the server at your discretion. In judgement, I would encourage you to choose to end Daendroc in this way for a map that is so beloved while being currently so deserted deserves one last hurrah before it is lost for eternity.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When the deletion of Daendroc comes, I feel that it'll be something like Ceardia, where in this case, the Erysphali fungus rather than those giant tentacles, will slowly consume the continent until it is perhaps stopped or somehow contained to just to that region so the adjoining lands aren't threatened. This idea though is well thought out though in terms of how the warfare would work.

When the deletion of Daendroc comes, I feel that it'll be something like Ceardia, where in this case, the Erysphali fungus rather than those giant tentacles, will slowly consume the continent until it is perhaps stopped or somehow contained to just to that region so the adjoining lands aren't threatened. This idea though is well thought out though in terms of how the warfare would work.
weel, that could be a rp explenation

Shadow it does not necessarily even need to be part of the RP explanation, it could just be that Daendroc was burnt by a ravaging orc army or something of the sort. The war is mostly on a PvP standpoint and while there is definitely scope to expand into RP, PvP needs a really great war, RP has been served quite a lot for example by the Qadir occupation of Regalia. PvPers deserve a turn to have some super real fun, and there hasn't been a war on this scale for ages.

Another idea I have thought of is why not just do both, have an rp gathering before the battle.

Yes yes yes. This would be amazing. As for my suggestions to this:
1. Kits shouldn't be used. Kits would a: mean people can continually come back with no harm to themselves and b: this is a great chance for a diamond/God armor sink. God armor will be in high demand, as premium /fix would quickly run out in a war of this scale. This would then mean armor would have to be used with lower durability, risking it breaking, or would be repaired with anvils, hence the diamond sink.
2. Tnt would b me cool, as the reason it's disabled is because of griefing, which wouldn't be a problem. Additionally, it would give a usage for gunpowder other than making splash potions.
3. Maybe premium only, or implement a system where non premiums only have a certain number of lives after which they're blacklisted from Daendroc.
4. There should be a limit on the number of members on a roster, not number of factions. This would prevent huge teams *cough* mag and arthas *cough* from banding together and creating a team of 75 pvpers. Limiting factions would prevent one man factions from joining, as nobody would want them over a 20 person faction.
5. Membership shouldn't be sold, that would limit too many players out. Whitelisting the event for prems only would likely result in a large donation boost anyway.
6. PvP should be completely vanilla. That means no traits, no races, no vamps, no mcmmo, no nothing, although traits might be allowed during the building phase to aid in building. The only exception might be mcmmo pots, as they would be difficult to prevent from entering the world. My reasoning for this is that using any of these things would either be op without another of these aspects or the aspect will make the PvP less skill based. If the PvP was vanilla, it could potentially attract major pvpers, people like stimpay, combodombo, tehacepvp/sototallyace (who used to play on Massive), etc. using traits, McMMO and such would however put new members at a severe disadvantage, as these players would never have used or trained these. Of course, you tubers like these would almost certainly not remain on the server, however the publicity would be great for Massive.
7. If possible move Daendroc to its own server (ie s1, s2, etc). I honestly have no idea if this is possible, but if it is, we should show our best side to any pvpers joining the server for the event.
8. Have a prize of extreme value for the winner. For example, unbreaking 4 diamond armor, a large regal amount, a month of premium for the team members, or an xpbonus for all factions on the team.

Yes yes yes. This would be amazing. As for my suggestions to this:
1. Kits shouldn't be used. Kits would a: mean people can continually come back with no harm to themselves and b: this is a great chance for a diamond/God armor sink. God armor will be in high demand, as premium /fix would quickly run out in a war of this scale. This would then mean armor would have to be used with lower durability, risking it breaking, or would be repaired with anvils, hence the diamond sink.
2. Tnt would b me cool, as the reason it's disabled is because of griefing, which wouldn't be a problem. Additionally, it would give a usage for gunpowder other than making splash potions.
3. Maybe premium only, or implement a system where non premiums only have a certain number of lives after which they're blacklisted from Daendroc.
4. There should be a limit on the number of members on a roster, not number of factions. This would prevent huge teams *cough* mag and arthas *cough* from banding together and creating a team of 75 pvpers. Limiting factions would prevent one man factions from joining, as nobody would want them over a 20 person faction.
5. Membership shouldn't be sold, that would limit too many players out. Whitelisting the event for prems only would likely result in a large donation boost anyway.
6. PvP should be completely vanilla. That means no traits, no races, no vamps, no mcmmo, no nothing, although traits might be allowed during the building phase to aid in building. The only exception might be mcmmo pots, as they would be difficult to prevent from entering the world. My reasoning for this is that using any of these things would either be op without another of these aspects or the aspect will make the PvP less skill based. If the PvP was vanilla, it could potentially attract major pvpers, people like stimpay, combodombo, tehacepvp/sototallyace (who used to play on Massive), etc. using traits, McMMO and such would however put new members at a severe disadvantage, as these players would never have used or trained these. Of course, you tubers like these would almost certainly not remain on the server, however the publicity would be great for Massive.
7. If possible move Daendroc to its own server (ie s1, s2, etc). I honestly have no idea if this is possible, but if it is, we should show our best side to any pvpers joining the server for the event.
8. Have a prize of extreme value for the winner. For example, unbreaking 4 diamond armor, a large regal amount, a month of premium for the team members, or an xpbonus for all factions on the team.
Most of these are great, however I think perhaps kits might be useful as many new players don't have the God Armor to take part. As well as this the fact that people who die will have to go to and from chest rooms to pick up items may cause problems of their own. However taking into account your point about too easy respawns, I would suggest a 3 minute death timeout of some description. Like siege but instead of 10 seconds, 3 minutes.

...What about the Tigran city of Ssil? Technically in RP lore it exists south of Daenshore, maybe the Tigran populace can hold an exodus or something?...
Just a thought...

I guarantee if this were to happen, there would be a noticeable spike in Premium sales. This is an event that the server would greatly benefit from and a good way to send off a good world that was used for a while.

Uh... 1 slight problem... How do you make this event where all the different timeszones collide

Most of these are great, however I think perhaps kits might be useful as many new players don't have the God Armor to take part. As well as this the fact that people who die will have to go to and from chest rooms to pick up items may cause problems of their own. However taking into account your point about too easy respawns, I would suggest a 3 minute death timeout of some description. Like siege but instead of 10 seconds, 3 minutes.
Personally, I'd happily provide any decent pvper who joins the server on my team with god armor/weapons. Due to the wealth of most of the larger pvp factions, such as liath, mag, arthas, etc., It would be relatively easy to get gear if you're a half decent PvPer. Otherwise, maybe a kit selection that costs regals and the items within which cannot be taken out of Daendroc? The idea has problems, however it would allow new premium members to obtain god gear relatively easily.

Uh... 1 slight problem... How do you make this event where all the different timeszones collide
It would be a large, long event, due to the circumstances. Just traveling across the world to get to all the various flags would be difficult, so it would likely last 24-48 hours.

Do it at a time when everyone should be online, during the weekend and during school holidays. Also announce the time in advance, and as a time goes 6pm GMT till 12pm GMT. Or perhaps as Jes said it could be a 24 hr war, however the problems with this is that there may be times that teams wont have anyone online and thus they will lose their flag.

Do it at a time when everyone should be online, during the weekend and during school holidays. Also announce the time in advance, and as a time goes 6pm GMT till 12pm GMT
Or this. Massive keeps track of when players log on, so it would be relatively easy to find a timezone when the most players would be logged on.

From what I understood, Daendroc is too important to the lore to get rid of. I figured they would just whipe the world clean. HOWEVER, I like this idea. I remember the somber mood we were all in though when it was time to say goodbye to Caerdia. From my recollection, we didn't have too much fun with it before we sent it to hell. Same with Kelmoria. I think being able to give Daendroc a little more of a sendoff than a somber trek to an old base to say a final goodbye is in everybody's interests. Who knows? We might even have a shitload of fun with it too!

I support this idea completely, and I'd love to see both RP and PvP events in Daendroc before it's deletion. I remember when it was first added only shortly after I originally joined the server, when it was a great new world almost everyone wanted to have a faction in. It definitely deserves a great sendoff. Though, to those who have said it already, Daendroc will most likely not be destroyed in lore, for the fact that it's such a large continent. In lore, Daendroc is a supercontinent including Teled Methen, Ithania, and the map that will be replacing Daendroc, Hyarroc. Daendroc has gone under a lot of changes in lore since its creation three years ago, and I think there's been too much work gone into it for all of that to be destroyed.

Thats what Im trying to get at, this map deserves a huge war so that everyone has a final amazing memory to forget Daendroc with. There can still be RP events in Daendroc, but after that a big war would be hilarious and greatly enjoyable.

We should do another void invasion actually, much like baver, but on a more consistent scale, its up to the players to save the RP universe from a massive imbalance, such as, 5 massive portals are put up and the players must destroy these in a 40 hour period, or else the demons win control, giving the players a chance to change the lore permanently, it would be fun ,high risks for the rp world, but its worth it riiight?

We should do another void invasion actually, much like baver, but on a more consistent scale, its up to the players to save the RP universe from a massive imbalance, such as, 5 massive portals are put up and the players must destroy these in a 40 hour period, or else the demons win control, giving the players a chance to change the lore permanently, it would be fun ,high risks for the rp world, but its worth it riiight?
That honestly just sounds the exact same as all the other pve events that happen, not really anything special. I personally would definitely prefer a pvp event, and think it would be better for the server's health.

That honestly just sounds the exact same as all the other pve events that happen, not really anything special. I personally would definitely prefer a pvp event, and think it would be better for the server's health.
who said pvp wouldnt be involved? could happen when you can choose to be qadir forces or regalian

Cant we keep it in the lore, just not have a physical place to visit?
I'm aware that I'm necroing but since this has become relevant again, I thought I'd do two things: 1. Dust the cobwebs off this because this is an amazing idea, even though I don't pvp, and 2. Answer this question here. Daendroc is not going to be removed from the lore at all. The pvp map of it is simply going to be removed, as it is extremely dated. Unless they decide to add to the lore a destruction of Daendroc similar to that of Caerdia(I've not heard of such an event yet), Daendroc is perfectly safe roleplay-wise.

I'm aware that I'm necroing but since this has become relevant again, I thought I'd do two things: 1. Dust the cobwebs off this because this is an amazing idea, even though I don't pvp, and 2. Answer this question here. Daendroc is not going to be removed from the lore at all. The pvp map of it is simply going to be removed, as it is extremely dated. Unless they decide to add to the lore a destruction of Daendroc similar to that of Caerdia(I've not heard of such an event yet), Daendroc is perfectly safe roleplay-wise.
Gotta agree with that. I think it'd be a lot of fun to have some kind of pvp celebration for the old maps.

Being back on this topic I really believe that Daendroc deserves a send-off of this calibre. Also the PvP community deserve a war of this calibre.