The Race For The Chancellery: An Interview Of Alastair Mac Conall

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by nath_n, Mar 11, 2021.

1. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

[​IMG]

Reginald: First things first, who are you? Why are you running for Chancellor?

Alastair: Two reasons, one is my own personal belief that I am the man for the job. The only candidate who is ready and willing to make divisive tough decisions and keep the empire together. Number two, when Duke von Falkenreich [ Reimar ] and I were looking for candidates to support. We could find none with the ability to do what was necessary for the empire. Ergo, my candidacy.

Reginald: And what divisive and tough decisions do you think need to be made, Chancellor-Elect?

Alastair: Many, the defense of the empire being paramount amongst them. I know that both my opponents have run on campaigns wanting to focus on diplomacy with the Allorn Empire. They have obscured and danced around the issue of Daenshore.

Reginald: Do you believe there is any chance at salvaging diplomatic methods with the Allorn Empire?

Alastair: I believe that any diplomatic action with the Allorn empire will be only a useful stalling tactic. It is inevitable when you have an empire that is based on the deluded opiona that they are.

Reginald: What sort of policy do you intend to instate in your tenure in office? Do you have a specific place where you sit on the political spectrum? Or are you focused on being the best Chancellor for the empire, and trying to rule regardless of political affiliation?

Alastair: I don’t care for the political spectrum far too limiting to conform to an ideology. I make what I see is the most practical decision for the empire. As far as specifics go, I want to pass economic relief for the colonies and re-negotiate issues such as Ithanian tax. However I cannot actually formulate many of these plans past the point of ideas. Until I have access to information privy to the Chancellor.

Reginald: Of course. Going into this next election. What do you think is the most important issue the empire needs to tackle?

Alastair: Well, there are three. Domestically the last three Chancellor’s have focused almost entirely on the archipelago seeming to forget the rest of the wider empire. This issue must be rectified. Secondly, the issue of ending the war in Hadar, in nothing less than a Regalian victory. And finally, the re-emergence of the Allorn Empire.

Reginald: If you do win the seat of Chancellor, how can people reach you to assist with positions within your cabinet and filling government positions.

Alastair: These positions will be filled with those men and women of quality, dedication and above all else. Competence. Just send a letter to me personally inquiring. I do not care for your political views. In fact if you have a different perspective/view. I encourage you to apply.

Reginald: One final question, I think myself and the peerage have learned much from this interview. By your honest prediction, who wins the Chancellery, and by how many votes?

Alastair: I cannot call the voting numbers far too close to call. But it will be either myself or Duke Augustin Reinar who is the next Chancellor for the Empire. I can guarantee.

Reginald: Is there any final word which you’d like to say to the readers of this interview?

Alastair: If you’re a voter, make the right decision and do not sell the Empire down the river. If you’re a noble, talk to your electors and let them know your opinion. And if you’re a common-man, look to serve the Empire in any way you can. If anyone wishes to speak to me, I have time for everyone. From the men and women in the peerage, to the ones who suffer in poverty.

Reginald: Thank you for your time Chancellor-Elect, and Duke of Dundarne, Alastair Mac Conall.

Alastair: Thank you for speaking with me Lord von Falkenreich.

[​IMG]

Interviewer and Journalist Reginald von Falkenreich:

In the end, I find Duke Alastair Mac Conall the most fitting for this seat of Chancellor. The man wishes to be as transparent with the public and peerage as possible, which I think could be important to eliminate some of the secrecy that exists within the government. He elaborated on his pro-conflict outlook toward the Allorn empire, and how diplomacy is doomed to fail when they have their hungry eyes upon Daen. Above all the young Duke seems to be a self starter, which is important. He seems to be the best prospect from what I know, he’s no fence sitter. He has strong open beliefs, but is open to criticism which is an important trait to have. The Duke’s personality is cunningly charming and an open book.. If you would have asked him these exact questions, I presume he would have given a similar answer in truth. I think the young upstart will do well for himself and for this Empire as we change the captain of our ship.

Head Journalist Anne de Piedmont:

Alastair Mac Conall, the Duke of Dundarne and Chancellor-Elect, has his eyes trained on the future. With his cunning self-confidence and determination to unite the Empire, the Duke seems a promising candidate for the Chancellery. His ideologies and plans lie not only within the archipelago, but the Empire as a whole, and he intends on benefitting the way of life for all citizens, not only the ones he directly interacts with. Compassion is critical when it comes to good leaders, and Duke Mac Conall has clearly demonstrated that he obtains this trait. In the transcript above, the Duke expands on his intentions with the Hadar conflict and the Allorn Empire. His priorities are level-headed and clear, and there is no doubt that he is capable of leading us to a stronger Empire.
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  2. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

dvidier 1.png
    xabi mini.jpg Xabi Playero's lips idly dragged from one side to the other as he chewed on the inner wall of his cheek, the man's fingertips working to sort through a thin pile of not-so-recent publications. "Don't think I ever gave this one a read..." The rogue muttered out in Daen to the nearby Eloi, Simone, Mariona and Reselda respectively, finding himself perched lazily atop his cluttered desk at Casa Playero's humble and cozy abode. The Daen's eyes loomed over the document with curiosity to spare, seemingly even nodding in agreement as he read on. "Hot-headed as he might be, part of me knows Lord Mac Conall was the right choice. He's certainly not the perfect candidate, but nobody else is standing up for Daenshore in these most concerning times. Daenshore is too often overlooked." Xabi remarked at his family, setting the paper down with a brief shake of his head as he continued to converse in Daen. "I have nothing against Reinard, truly. He was likely the most pragmatic candidate." The rogue added, panning to some of his family members. "My brother and I were actually acquainted with the man once upon a time, way back when Lord Delmotte reigned as Chancellor. A splendid man, if you ask me." Xabi states, his gaze returning to the pile of papers before him. "Yet, Daenshore-- our people, are in greater peril than the peerage seems to want to acknowledge, at least publicly. Nobody wants to set off the spark that will start the wildfire. Reinard.. claims that diplomacy will not solve much, but continues to rely on drawn out bureaucracy and more discussion with the peerage instead of acting before it is too late, as Mac Conall rightly urged." The man continued, tracing a finger over some of Lord Chancellor Reinard's comments found in a copy of The Sunday Scratch's Extra Issue #3 which was mostly sticking out of the pile beneath the of the papers. "Nothing can stop a wildfire. It's only a matter of time before this volatile state of affairs ignites, quite explosively so, sending us all spiraling down yet another fiery conflict. It pains me to say that this Empire is, so far, ill-prepared for such a calamity. I can only hope that the Ministries know this to be true." Xabi finished with a huff, sharing a glance with each of his relatives before shutting his eyes in exhaustion, visibly overcome with concern.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    #2 Kibaa, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021