Archived Take Care To Read This. Races Back.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DestrousDeus

Races are worth.
Reaction score
READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Ok

Basically, We might of got on the wrong foot at the start of this. But at the moment I would 100% agree PvP is unfair and not balanced at all. Therefore races should be brought back. The problems with traits is that it takes no skill at all... Your probably reading this and thinking: Well, Your just trying to make this unfair for the prems etc etc... Well no actually... We are trying to make it more fair for non-pvpers,pvpers , Non-Prems we respect all kind of people in the Massivecraft Community.

Races are a lot more fair and the factions were different. You simply cannot just make a orc faction now.. I dreamed of making one. I did it was called Xolkug, I recruited and nobody was a orc....

The main reason that we all know... 3 hit and your dead... If you get hit 3 times you die... So if you can have a reaction of 1.3 seconds you could be able to survive but how many people have that fast of a reaction.. But then when your in a 2v1 or 3v2 you lost... Which ever side your on. Every person will die..

#RaceRiot.

Thank you for reading!

NOW YOU CAN COMMENT.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To expand and give a better idea for what I meant by this: "People who accuse others of being x are flamers."
Ex. Someone who accuses someone else of being a flamer is a flamer themselves. They are using the community's general dislike of flamers in order to attack the accused person's credibility. This causes that persons argument to become invalid because no one wants to support a flamer.
Another example is when someone did something wrong in the past, and is now arguing against something you believe in. If you use that event to tarnish other people's view of him, then you are a flamer.
Just because they are/were in the wrong, doesn't mean you are in the right.

What am I trying to say by this? I'm saying you shouldn't let someone's reputation alter your decision making. If you do not like the person, that's fine. You are allowed to have an opinion. But if you treat them with disrespect because of your opinions, then you become the villain.
If someone says something you don't like, ask them nicely to stop. If they don't listen, either ignore them or report them depending on what their intentions are.
If someone is arguing something you don't believe in, don't treat it like a personal offense. If you believe that they are wrong, attempt to convince them otherwise if you can. If in the process you end up struggling to find out why they are wrong, then perhaps you need to take it from a different perspective. Don't let your ignorance prevent you from finding the truth.
Truth.

Ehr, I always thought getting hit three times by someone with a weapon of any sort could get you killed. But I guess it could get annoying in PvP. You're saying that traits need to be balanced, I honestly think it's on the player to make it balanced for themselves, yeh. Obviously not every player is gonna try make it balanced though.

I dunno, I really enjoy traits and I don't PvP all too much. But in my perspective I believe it's a super neat plugin? Makes RP more immersive.

Ehr, I always thought getting hit three times by someone with a weapon of any sort could get you killed. But I guess it could get annoying in PvP. You're saying that traits need to be balanced, I honestly think it's on the player to make it balanced for themselves, yeh. Obviously not every player is gonna try make it balanced though.

I dunno, I really enjoy traits and I don't PvP all too much. But in my perspective I believe it's a super neat plugin? Makes RP more immersive.
Trust me, like @Wannag said in another thread, I've not seen a huge difference between using a defensive/offensive/other trait loadout in terms of damage I've dealt to people and damage I've taken. It's pretty much always a large amount.

Ehr, I always thought getting hit three times by someone with a weapon of any sort could get you killed.
If we were talking about guns, I'd agree with you. But sadly this is about swords and axes which you can be hit with multiple times without dying. Of course this depends on what equipment you use, and how good you are at blocking.

READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Ok

Basically, We might of got on the wrong foot at the start of this. But at the moment I would 100% agree PvP is unfair and not balanced at all. Therefore races should be brought back. The problems with traits is that it takes no skill at all... Your probably reading this and thinking: Well, Your just trying to make this unfair for the prems etc etc... Well no actually... We are trying to make it more fair for non-pvpers,pvpers , Non-Prems we respect all kind of people in the Massivecraft Community.

Races are a lot more fair and the factions were different. You simply cannot just make a orc faction now.. I dreamed of making one. I did it was called Xolkug, I recruited and nobody was a orc....

The main reason that we all know... 3 hit and your dead... If you get hit 3 times you die... So if you can have a reaction of 1.3 seconds you could be able to survive but how many people have that fast of a reaction.. But then when your in a 2v1 or 3v2 you lost... Which ever side your on. Every person will die..

#RaceRiot.

Thank you for reading!

NOW YOU CAN COMMENT.
Why are you and a few of your other of your faction members piggy-backing off of my post re-stating my exact reasons in a new post? At the moment it seems like this belongs more in the feedback forums (@Sevrish ) and even then this is just a restating of what I and other players already said on my post.

Edit: This is also at least your 2nd post on this subject.

Last edited:
I don't understand. Don't you think that , perhaps , the staff created the traits to give player more freedom , letting you customize your character in a better way? The races only gave you a default set of traits for each races. I prefer this way , even if traits are bugged [ didn't even notice it before reading this post.]

READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING
READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Ok

#RaceRiot.

Thank you for reading!

NOW YOU CAN COMMENT.

Races were sh** for RP. Traits allow for your own unique character.

As others have said traits can be fixed.
Races are in the wrong version of minecraft.

You have made several threads complaing about traits, and they all are you essentially saying the same thing.

Last edited:
"If you remove traits , what's to stop the other half of the player base to do what you are doing now, with your protests and rather silly ' #RaceRiot'." If roleplayers (I am one of them) did this if traits got removed, they would quite honestly be whiny little b*****s. What most other role-players do not realize is that traits absolutely destroy PVP, meanwhile they only provide a slight aesthetic advantage over races for role-players. We can live without traits. PvP'rs can't live with traits.

IT TAKES TIME TO FIX A PLUGIN UUGGH

@DestrousDeus
I believe this started with good intentions, but you need to find a better solution if you're gonna make posts like this. I learned that the hard way.

w8, i realizes something, didn't @spectec or @Thortuna say something about sharpnessII and sharpnes III being bugged so that you could 3 shot someone and thus not should be used? if i remembert that correctly then this isn't the fault of traits but rather the fault of sharpnessII(I)

w8, i realizes something, didn't @spectec or @Thortuna say something about sharpnessII and sharpnes III being bugged so that you could 3 shot someone and thus not should be used? if i remembert that correctly then this isn't the fault of traits but rather the fault of sharpnessII(I)
You get perm banned for using Sharp IV and III not sure about II but all PvP'ers I know are aware of that which means that the bugs are caused by the trait plugin in this case.

Have you tried it without MCMMO conflicting with it? I don't think so.
When the two plugins start working with each other, then we can make note of how it works.
As traits is closed-source, there is no way to do so, and just because it's another plug-in's fault doesn't mean there's not a problem.

I much preferred Massive PvP without traits. (This is slightly biased since my KD was basically 5 back then, I rarely died, but now I'm a lot worse because traits have just screwed up the damage and way people fight too much)

Then protest about the other plugin, and not this one. Don't pin the blame on one, if it's not the one causing it.
The other plug-in is mcmmo, which, to my knowledge, (though O may be wrong), cayorion can't change. This means that one of four things must happen.
1. Mcmmo is removed. Most PvPers don't want this to happen as we have all worked hard for our levels.

2. Traits is removed. As has been shown role-players don't want this.

3. Traits is temporarily removed and made compatible with mcmmo. This has been the most frequently suggestedcompromise put forward by Pvpers, and (in my opinion) is the best option.

And of course there's four, which is to ask the mcmmo developers to pretty please add compatibility for a single, closed-source plugin, which won't reall benefit them in any way. Not even sure why I mentioned that one.

The other plug-in is mcmmo, which, to my knowledge, (though O may be wrong), cayorion can't change. This means that one of four things must happen.
1. Mcmmo is removed. Most PvPers don't want this to happen as we have all worked hard for our levels.

2. Traits is removed. As has been shown role-players don't want this.

3. Traits is temporarily removed and made compatible with mcmmo. This has been the most frequently suggestedcompromise put forward by Pvpers, and (in my opinion) is the best option.

And of course there's four, which is to ask the mcmmo developers to pretty please add compatibility for a single, closed-source plugin, which won't reall benefit them in any way. Not even sure why I mentioned that one.

MMCO is not bugged.

Therefore traits should be edited to fix this.
For all we know the staff are doing this right now in their secret cookie bunker.....

Essentially there is NO reason why traits need to be removed for this to work.

MMCO is not bugged.

Therefore traits should be edited to fix this.
For all we know the staff are doing this right now in their secret cookie bunker.....

Essentially there is NO reason why traits need to be removed for this to work.
I'm sorry to be the first one to tell you but both plugins are glitched.
A good example for MCMMO would be the Sharp 3/4 glitch while another good example from the Trait plugin would be fireballs.
I'd really like to know what the staffs are planning right now though ;)

I'd put money on Cayorion trying to figure out what the hell is screwing up a plugin he spent at least a few months working on. So be patient. Keep Calm and Use Traits :P

Have you tried it without MCMMO conflicting with it? I don't think so.
When the two plugins start working with each other, then we can make note of how it works.
OMFG of course we accounted for MCMMO. We ran trails with people with relatively the same MCMMO stats, and the result was like TheBatman1016's rock paper scissors analogy.

Pro Tip:
Don't answer peoples questions for them :D

OMFG of course we accounted for MCMMO. We ran trails with people with relatively the same MCMMO stats, and the result was like TheBatman1016's rock paper scissors analogy.

Pro Tip:

I think suzzie meant "have you (or anyone) tried Traits without running mcMMO" to which the answer is probably "no" because Cay'd need to shut down mcMMO on massive for you to test pure-traits.

Pro Tip:
I think suzzie meant "have you (or anyone) tried Traits without running mcMMO" to which the answer is probably "no" because Cay'd need to shut down mcMMO on massive for you to test pure-traits.
Pro Tip:
Actually read what someone writes.
Mecharic understood, nailed it head on.

Sharpness 3/4 is bugged and is currently not allowed to be used in pvp situations. If you suspect someone of using it then please do alert us in a ticket /ti create and we will have a look as we have tools available to us so we can tell if someone is using one of these items.

I remember pvping before I became an rper on an old server with no traits or Menlo people complained that people closer to the server should get a debuff and people with better comps should also. You could have no plugins and there will still be complaining one way or another just try to find a way to live with things until fixed.

@Artemis_Hanzo Please don't diwnrate my posts from over 4 months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.