Archived Swords And Their Dilemma

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please Add Blade Mastery! Swords are so useless against axes!
I'm almost positive that adding blade mastery to mcmmo isn't possible, except by the developers of mcmmo. Cay can disable/enable mcmmo abilities through the mcmmo config file, but cannot add new ones.

...What is the purpose of this thread?

Swordexpert trait might be what you mean? Like...what?

Swords do absolutely nothing against axes which is the problem. Something needs to be done.

Bleed is a very good feature with Swords that axes do not have. Plus, I've noticed many people do not use sword resistance so it can sometimes do loads of damage.

Bleed is a very good feature with Swords that axes do not have. Plus, I've noticed many people do not use sword resistance so it can sometimes do loads of damage.
Even though I haven't PvP'd with them (Currently banned), I must say that from almost every single PvPer I've talked to they say axes are much better. And just because some people don't use a trait doesn't make them kind of good, it makes those people unfortunate. Swords should be nearish the level of axes for usefulness, since it will add more variety to PvP and make it more balanced, not just a one sided thing.

Personally before my ban I used a sword on my week apponents,I got kills so just practice and you will get better.

This thread is one of the worst suggestions I've seen. Look back there have been multiple suggestions/complains about this very topic. All of these had much more details. All you do is saying axes is better than sword but not why. You also say Sword Mastery to be added. But how Sword Mastery works and what it is, is something you didn't tell. How do you expect anyone to make improvements if they don't know what people want? (Well Apple have done fine doing so but that is another topic) @GHOSTMW237 This could be done much better. It is sad that an actual suggestion from you can't get made because you didn't take your time to explain it properly.

Swords have a longer reach than axes. Along with bleed and fire aspect, this can actually make them viable. People will run axe resistant if they're going into a fight, so swords can actually be a decent weapon. Axes do more damage so are the superior weapon (in my opinion) but a combination works very well together

I have suggested options for the tick damage of bleed and armor ignore for bleed on the official mcmmo github.
The suggestion was labeled "planned" by one of the developers.
What the massivecraft team then decides to do with this when it is implemented is up to them, but hopefully we will see some improvement on swords in a not too distant future.

I have suggested options for the tick damage of bleed and armor ignore for bleed on the official mcmmo github.
The suggestion was labeled "planned" by one of the developers.
What the massivecraft team then decides to do with this when it is implemented is up to them, but hopefully we will see some improvement on swords in a not too distant future.
Many changes to mcMMO can be done via the config file. So we can often balance things without having the mcMMO developers change anything.

Many changes to mcMMO can be done via the config file. So we can often balance things without having the mcMMO developers change anything.
But the thing he suggested wasn't in the config file.

Like I said earlier, swords shouldn't be considered close to the level of axes because some people don't use sword resistance. People should use sword resistance more often because swords are actually good. PvP will become stale and uninteresting if people only ever use axes. And btw, I AM NOT SUGGESTING TO BUFF COUNTERS. For the love of all that is holy don't do that staff pls :)

The things I suggested are not in the current config file. My suggestion was that what I mentioned above would be made configurable in the config file.