Archived Something Has To Be Done...

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfArcher9191

Master Of Stealth
Reaction score
fail.png
Something has to be done about this silly Role Players that constantly play as either Zombies, Vampires or the Lich King. Just today I took this screen shot. There should be some rules new players have to read basically saying not to mention people like Herobrine ect. Also no stupid skin, this same guy had a lich king skin. Some rules have to be done before the server is overrun with people like this. I'm not trying to be rude, but we have to help them and guide them.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I never actually thought that you'd look up to me. I sometimes freak out whenever I see Ryver and I'm on Nari, I go like.

" Oh god. How do I approach without making myself look like a peanut? "
I want to rp with you sometimes, but since Nari hates my main characters guts, I feel like I'd be a nuisance when I try to rp with you with another character. q-q

but hey, if we all wanna sit around and not enforce anything that's cool to! Let's see where that takes us
You seem to suggest this problem is getting worse, when I'd like to suggest quite the opposite. Our roleplay scene is much bigger and more diverse than it was a year ago. Our lore is still a work in progress, but much deeper and more developed. Furthermore, we have a greater community of experienced roleplayers willing to step in and help less experienced. We have more roleplay, more plot, and more people. And while we are gonna get the occasional nyan cat or lich king, you must realize that if they don't learn the lore or start roleplaying seriously, they're very likely to get bored and leave. There are obvious exceptions, but in a way, that's one of the things that makes our community so interesting. They'll learn in time, and if they don't, they'll leave on their own accord or at least become tolerable. Upping the requirements for newbies is going to make us less appealing overall. The beauty of Massivecraft is that we provide a fantastic community for both roleplayers and PVPers where anyone can find their niche, anyone can improve their skills, and anyone, experienced or not, can gain the amount of experience they want to gain to better themselves and the world around them.

...-steps off soap box- :P

I've been around for a while, back when everyone could teleport in the air and would jump out of the sky in SilverEdge and into the fountain. Back then, I was a complete noob, and I did eventually get bored with roleplaying and left. When I came back, I paraded around as one of the 'good vampires.' Yeah, I know. But eventually, after getting immersed in the actual roleplaying, I learned what was and what wasn't acceptable. I got a forum account and created new characters. All anyone needs is a bit of experience and a few friendly tips. And if they are a noob, they probably just storm past signs and into Regalia.

Just want to add to my original statement - perhaps have a msg appear when someone first joins Local or Emote chat saying "Have you read the Lore? Here's a Link for Roleplay Lore Information: <Link Here>" so that people are at least given an easy access way to the Lore Pages.

Also, when I first joined I was an immortal named Mecharic... Dun hateth me.

I feel so bad with everyone telling stories of their old past of inlore compliancy when I've never really had any major issues with it... my first character was a forty-five year old lumberjack before nick names where a thing, and my second where Lore was actually thing was Droe Falden. :(

If they don't want to follow that's their problem, it's quite asinine to not try to stop problems before they happen. Things have rules, you /have/ to follow them.

I think the best thing to do, if you're provoked so dearly over this, is to first, try and help them. Just advise them that what they're doing or roleplaying is lore incompliant. I've noticed sometimes that people will be glad to have been given some help.

If not, make a ticket and go on with your day.

herobrine_party_gif__by_chrissywolf-d5tx10s.gif
I thought I'd try to be funny ;-;

View attachment 30101
Something has to be done about this silly Role Players that constantly play as either Zombies, Vampires or the Lich King. Just today I took this screen shot. There should be some rules new players have to read basically saying not to mention people like Herobrine ect. Also no stupid skin, this same guy had a lich king skin. Some rules have to be done before the server is overrun with people like this. I'm not trying to be rude, but we have to help them and guide them.
The server is full of nonsense like that. If you don't like it, don't roleplay with them. Or declare war and beat them senseless until they stop troll-rping.

I personally think...rules would be nice, but in the long run, they are undesirable. The best thing is basically what Mech said. Friendly reminders, but giving them before they are needed is best. A sign at the world spawn...in fact, a few signs...a message when first using local chat, and maybe a message saying,
"Most of the best players on the server look down on those who do not read the lore. To get to the top of the social ladder, know how to roleplay on Massivecraft. That way you don't look like an Orc on Tatooine!"
I think that might get most people's attention, and in a friendly, humorous way.

I have a farmer human, who is a part of a Mob hunting kingdom aka stratum... Note sure how it work
I'll just. Casually walk by or something and hope for the best? XD It can work out, I can make it work. No problem. I'd love to help if I could or something. Or just roleplay. It's fun!~

Now, I will not make a long post, as many have already offered their input, but I think greater clarity should be offered to newer RPers as to standardised MassiveCraft only RP etiquette (S.M.O.R.E. - I only put the 'only' in there for the O). I recall remaining inside the lore's confines to a reasonable extent since I made a character application before I started RPing, but it took me a long time to learn RP etiquette because I found no resources guiding me to the proper systems. I became a noble and I still didn't know what powergaming was, that was after almost a month of RPing quite heavily. I found the environment frustrating because I was engaging in higher level RP, with little understanding of the lore. Therefore, I think people should be presented with a link to a concise page with information on RP etiquette and a brief overview of all the races. This can then link to the deeper information if they are interested. This way, anyone who is semi-interested can quickly and easily learn the ropes behind RP. From there, they can develop at their own rate and with the friendly help of MassiveCraft's community, they could become a highly valued member of the RP community.

In terms of people's attitudes towards these 'noobs,' I suggest more positivity. By treating them with harsh words, sighing, face palms and eye rolls you ruin their confidence in RP, ruin their perception of the community as a whole and ruin their MassiveCraft experience. There's no reason to roll your eyes when someone does their best to RP, even if they are playing a 'sk8r boi.' It might be tough, but just do your best to gently guide them to the right information so they can get into it. You might wish to discuss with them the concept of MassiveCraft RP and glean whether they truly are interested in it. If you think not, perhaps give them some pointers towards PvP, or simply explain to them what RP is all about. Just be nice and don't come on the forums and complain about 'noobs.'

Now, I will not make a long post, as many have already offered their input, but I think greater clarity should be offered to newer RPers as to standardised MassiveCraft only RP etiquette (S.M.O.R.E. - I only put the 'only' in there for the O). I recall remaining inside the lore's confines to a reasonable extent since I made a character application before I started RPing, but it took me a long time to learn RP etiquette because I found no resources guiding me to the proper systems. I became a noble and I still didn't know what powergaming was, that was after almost a month of RPing quite heavily. I found the environment frustrating because I was engaging in higher level RP, with little understanding of the lore. Therefore, I think people should be presented with a link to a concise page with information on RP etiquette and a brief overview of all the races. This can then link to the deeper information if they are interested. This way, anyone who is semi-interested can quickly and easily learn the ropes behind RP. From there, they can develop at their own rate and with the friendly help of MassiveCraft's community, they could become a highly valued member of the RP community.

In terms of people's attitudes towards these 'noobs,' I suggest more positivity. By treating them with harsh words, sighing, face palms and eye rolls you ruin their confidence in RP, ruin their perception of the community as a whole and ruin their MassiveCraft experience. There's no reason to roll your eyes when someone does their best to RP, even if they are playing a 'sk8r boi.' It might be tough, but just do your best to gently guide them to the right information so they can get into it. You might wish to discuss with them the concept of MassiveCraft RP and glean whether they truly are interested in it. If you think not, perhaps give them some pointers towards PvP, or simply explain to them what RP is all about. Just be nice and don't come on the forums and complain about 'noobs.'
S.M.o.R.E.
Now you don't need the "only".

Status
Not open for further replies.