Archived Solution To The Trait Vs Race Debate?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

6xdestroyer

Burgher
Reaction score
Website
lamplight.anorangeleaf.com
Faction
Bibury
So for the past few days the majority of general chat as well as alliance (and well a bunch of them) have been talking about how traits are unfair and how races should be brought back. These are my ideas on the topic!

Why not bring back races... not the way the previously were but in a new way incorporating both plugins?
Here is what I say:

Implement a plugin which still has races, only this time there are certain traits which you can apply to your race, and others you cant, or perhaps create preset sub-races with traits similar, but differing off the main setup, yet relating to the rp traits one would have.

Here is an example:

Dwarf
Traits allowed: (Maybe pick 3 positive, 3 negative?)(Might not be perfect but the idea is there)

Positive:
Axeexpert
Axeresistant
SwordExpert
SwordResistant
UnarmedResistant
Absorption
Haste2
Nightvision

Negative:
Carnivore
ArcheryVulnerable
ArcheryInept
Slow
MiningFatigue
UnarmedInept
UnarmedVulnerable

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The problem is that it's the insane damage due to a combination of traits and MCMMO. This would not stop that problem. At all.

You could just limit the traits more then?

Limiting them, is far less favourable than removing them for the time being until fixed,, or even leaving them in so we can identify the bugs and report them! Our time should be going into that, not trying to think of ways to fix the symptoms rather than the cause.

I personally find that the trait system is not at fault at all, it's just that it doesn't function well with MCMMO. Which quite honestly my opinion on it would be to remove MCMMO and create and/or find another skill system that isn't overpowered once you hit a certain point on your skill. I mean yeah, some people are going to be pretty mad about the removal of MCMMO because they'd've lost all their hard earned skill, but it would be a better way to handle the problem.

We still have the main problem of why people want traits gone, being mcmmo not being compatible with traits.

Traits is an In-House Plugin. mcMMO is not. Remove mcMMO and Traits won't clash with it anymore. Then Cayorion can develop an In-House version of mcMMO (MassiveStats, remember that I named this shiz xD) which is both Sharding-Compatible and Traits-Friendly.

As for this idea, perhaps setting it so that you pick a race and a collection of traits is made available to you based on the race you picked. You then need to chose from the race-options, rather than having it completely preset as to what you get when you become a race.

Traits are not being removed.

Races are not being re-added.

Traits are not bugged.

There may be imbalances with the plugin, but what do you expect when there is 0 feedback on its implementation. If you want to "fix" anything, suggest new trait costs or trait effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.