Archived Ships, Yes, Ships.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
So I was discussing this idea last night with a coupe of buddies. Basically there is a plugin out for bukkit called ships. I have tested it, it runs very smooth, is updating to 1.7, has nearly no lag, and doesn't mess up oceans when players ride through them. What I suggest, implement this with only having admins the ability to create ships. Make a thread auctioning off 5-10 ships, starting bid would be 30,000 regals. Only for the super rich, so they aren't abused by noobs, and only 5 are made. Once the winner of each auction is decided, (they would have the do 5 seperate auctions) the winner could hire someone to make a ship, or get a designated world staff to build one. The ship would have to be approved by an admin, and then the controls would be added in and it would be moved fr the grid to whatever world the person desires. This would add a lot more role play to the server, and it could be pretty cool for trading routes to be set up for regalia and such. Again this is lag free, configurable so boats can't fly, and doesn't mess up the oceans. When it would come time for a world to be deleted, the ship would be moved. The plugin is seen here. (Ships can be made non editable once they are turned into moving ship) I have seen tons of other servers implement this with no problem, and I believe it would be a great new option for MassiveCraft!

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ships/

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thalan79,
After searching it up on Minecraft MP(not putting link due to it could be counting as advertising) with the plugin 'ships', I found 13 registered servers, most of them only having a maximum of 50 to 75 players during peak hours.

I highly doubt you tested this with 400 players, not to mention that I went on a 50+ player server with it and asked if it was stable - they said they were considering stopping its use due to its glitches after 1.7. And an admin said that.

Thus, I have some valid, credible reasoning to believe thor5648's argument is completely invalid.
It hasn't even been updated to 1.7.2.. Of course it is going to be glitchy if they are using a 1.6 plugin with 1.7.. Derp

So I was discussing this idea last night with a coupe of buddies. Basically there is a plugin out for bukkit called ships. I have tested it, it runs very smooth, is updating to 1.7, has nearly no lag, and doesn't mess up oceans when players ride through them. What I suggest, implement this with only having admins the ability to create ships. Make a thread auctioning off 5-10 ships, starting bid would be 30,000 regals. Only for the super rich, so they aren't abused by noobs, and only 5 are made. Once the winner of each auction is decided, (they would have the do 5 seperate auctions) the winner could hire someone to make a ship, or get a designated world staff to build one. The ship would have to be approved by an admin, and then the controls would be added in and it would be moved fr the grid to whatever world the person desires. This would add a lot more role play to the server, and it could be pretty cool for trading routes to be set up for regalia and such. Again this is lag free, configurable so boats can't fly, and doesn't mess up the oceans. When it would come time for a world to be deleted, the ship would be moved. The plugin is seen here. (Ships can be made non editable once they are turned into moving ship) I have seen tons of other servers implement this with no problem, and I believe it would be a great new option for MassiveCraft!

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ships/

I would like to see that happen the only thing I will want is the regals starting bid to be lower then 30k but high enough so there are not that many out there ya know what I mean by it outer then that this would be really fun to play around with and make cannons actually useful instead of nearly no one using them the thing I would want to add though is for there to be a way to move the ships from land to land so like from dandroc to inthania and so forth. also I would like it to be so you can also have your ship non greefable because I can see the ship moving out of fac owned territory then you going offline and some noob will have the nerve to destroy most of it so outer then the stuff mentioned I would like to see this in action.

Alj.. please tell me Mr. educated how this will cause lag? It takes blocks from one spot, deletes them, and moves them to another. This adds 0 lag go to the server list for this plugin and go ask an owner.
World edit takes blocks from one spot, deletes them and moves them to another spot and when you use this feature it can create a hell lot of lag. I think you should just stop arguing and accept that not everyone has to agree with you and that you wont always be right in life. I also agree with everything Alj23 said

It hasn't even been updated to 1.7.2.. Of course it is going to be glitchy if they are using a 1.6 plugin with 1.7.. Derp

No, they were running 1.6 earlier and said that they aren't going to take the time to update the plugin, reset the configurations, etc. They didn't feel like it because it wasn't worth the effort. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in my first post.

World edit takes blocks from one spot, deletes them and moves them to another spot and when you use this feature it can create a hell lot of lag. I think you should just stop arguing and accept that not everyone has to agree with you and that you wont always be right in life. I also agree with everything Alj23 said

Adding on to this point, WE can be a pain. I've seen it cut our TPS in half whenever a piece of Regalia is edited. Can you imagine what effect it would have on the server, even with sharding, if that effect was multiplied throughout all servers? It would essentially ruin the point of sharding and revert us back to the old days where we were lucky enough to get 8 to 10 TPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.