Archived Rolls And Crp

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Myujin

Demilich
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that combat roleplay can often result in a disastrous cluster of players and a huge wall of text that can be hard to read and follow as well. I've also noticed that the /roll plugin, whilst increasingly used, is not terribly accurate or helpful.

My suggestion here is simple. Improve the roll plugin and make it a more sophisticated and formal way of combat roleplaying. What do I mean by this? That instead of just roleplaying the actions without any sort of outcome, we start using the roll plugin. It would go something along these lines:

Player 1 attempts to punch Player 2 in the stomach. /roll 20
Player 2 attempts to avoid Player 1's punch. /roll 20
Here, it is obvious that the highest outcome would be the winner, and after this particular pair of actions, it is now Player 2's turn to attempt to punch Player 1. It would keep going like that until a knockout or defeating punch is rolled. For example, if Player 1 attempted to punch Player 1 in the head and rolled a 20, and Player 2 attempted to avoid Player 1's punch and rolled a 2, it can be almost certain that Player 2 is now K.O'd.

However, there are some negative aspect to the current roll plugin. For example:

Let's say a Viridian Paladin (the highest rank of the Viridian Order) is fighting an unskilled and untrained person. It's pretty obvious that one paladin by itself can defeat a normal untrained citizen with ease, and I know what you're asking: "but what if the citizen rolls a higher number than the paladin?" Well, that's when these things called die extensions, which are applied by doing 20+(bonus), come to handy.

Now, let's say the same Viridian Paladin is fighting the same untrained peasant, but this time with a +15 bonus because he's an expert in his school. Now it would be pretty hard for the peasant to defeat the paladin using rolls, because now that he has a +15 bonus on his die, he can easily defeat the peasant (which he is supposed to do no matter what, he's a peasant.) This means that, when the paladin rolls, he automatically has a +15 bonus, so if he rolls a 3, he should have an 18 as the outcome.

These extensions are what make turn-based/roll combat roleplay so unique. Because they actually define what your character is able to do. For schools, the extension/bonus system can be something like this:

Student: No bonus.
Fighter: +5
Warrior: +10
Expert: +15

The same thing could go for the magic ranking system as well.

It's a simple idea that has the potential to make CRP more streamlined and less clunky - It might also help players hold a more neutral view of their opponents in CRP and keep everyone relatively happy with each other. However, this extension plugin, is not implemented (To my belief) in the roll plugin we currently have, and thus, my suggestion is to add it. To restate, it can be hard to decide the outcome out of a fight without using rolls, and it often results in long OOC arguments.

Of course injuries sustained during the fight and the effects of injuries are down to player interpretation and rely on cooperation still.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think I've seen a few dice combat systems on here and in guard docs before. Some of them factor in the skill level of each person.

I personally don't use them since I prefer to emote all my fights and let players tell the story of the fight, but I do see the benefit as it minimizes any kind of powergaming, even if chance comes into play.

Sure, there's some issue with powergaming. But rp is supposed to be fun, and I really think that making the entire thing hinged on dice rolls takes the fun out of it. What's worse, the occasional powergamer or taking the fun out of what is a staple in many people's rp, considering the amount of warrior characters?

Sure, there's some issue with powergaming. But rp is supposed to be fun, and I really think that making the entire thing hinged on dice rolls takes the fun out of it. What's worse, the occasional powergamer or taking the fun out of what is a staple in many people's rp, considering the amount of warrior characters?

I get where you're coming from, but I'd imagine you're free to all your movements the roll just decides the winner of each series of emotes -from how I read it. I can see this being entirely fun still and not hindering creative rp or emotes in any way at all. If anything, it seems like a good way to balance the playing fields accurately.

I get where you're coming from, but I'd imagine you're free to all your movements the roll just decides the winner of each series of emotes -from how I read it. I can see this being entirely fun still and not hindering creative rp or emotes in any way at all. If anything, it seems like a good way to balance the playing fields accurately.

Pretty much. It's essentially the same thing. You will be emoting and roleplaying as you wish, except you're using a die. It's not just two players rolling a die, it's actual combat RP with a die deciding the outcome without having to deal with OOC discussions about "no you can't do that, no my character avoided your punch" . Also, it's not only about the "occasional powergamer", because I'm pretty sure we've all been in unfair combat situations were both parties end up spending more time out of character than IC.

I'd like to tag @Streako for this, as they've had some of the best experience with one of my roll systems which uses extensions.

Right, then. Wall of text imminent. Gimme a little while.

Most players who actively CRP usually only use rolls for A- both emotes were sent at almost the same time, or B- random chance, ie swinging wildly while falling.

I think Stats would be nice, but impossible to really implement in a normal RP situation. Players would just set everything to max and be like "Stabs and you instantly die+" . "Has +20 speed so your point blank fireball misses+" etc.

So, the basics of the issue have been touched on; it's a question of narrative fun versus fairness in combat. I personally lean towards narrative fun, but I plan to ramble a little so I may not hit that.

Contest: A use of dice to decide who wins when two people's abilities are placed directly in opposition of one another (e.g. an arm wrestle)

D&D: Dungeons and Dragons

In roleplaying in the sewers, I often see people use the roll system to decide contests. Honestly, I hate it every time I see it, and it's largely because of the reason that you describe, Myu. Nobody really uses rolls with any care-- both people have equal chance, which is *fair*, but also not because character skills yada yada. Now, I like your system very much because you're addressing a problem that I've seen no one else try to address yet, but I feel it is still underdeveloped. And that's the root of the problem: Underdevelopment in roll systems.

This problem is really really bad, and I think it's unsolveable. However, lets assume that it is and talk through how we would go about fixing it. I can see the problem of the roll system as having two parts.

1) Ease v. Utility. We can add modifiers and stats and design roll algorithms all we want, but at the end of the day, we're gonna have to use this thing that we make IG, and if it's complicated it will be a MEGABITCH. I've tried playing D&D with my irl friends 3 or 4 times now, and it's complicated at a glance, but relatively simple. 4 hours into a session, and we're always still on the first combat encounter. Rolling for successes makes things annoying and boring because your influence lessens, especially since people here are used to having more control. I don't even want to think about Parz's crazy, Byzantine systems. Thank god he does all the rolls in his rps. On the flip side, if something is too simple, people will be frustrated that it doesn't work and is unbalanced. As Conflict pointed out, if a system has flaws, PEOPLE WILL EXPLOIT IT. Any system we make would have to be a balance that I simply don't think exists for this situation.

(That was only problem 1! I know, crazy!)

2) Uniformity. Ok, we just came up with the roll system to end all roll systems. It perfectly converts traits into stats, includes magic, and is foolproofed against exploitative players...What now? How do we get people to use it? We can't. We can't force people to use our system-- even if staff backs it, even if staff gives it a wiki page, it'll be so hard to get people to use it! What if different people use different parts of it? What if different people begin modifying it? Take your favorite schoolyard game. I'll use an American game called Fingers or Chopsticks, but anything works. In different towns, different rules are accepted. People play it differently in different places. That's exactly what'll happen here. You know why Staff hasn't made a system yet? Because it's so hard to enforce that it's not worth it. Sure, they could've, perhaps they've even experimented with some. They ADDED the roll system after all. The problem is that if everyone doesn't use the same system, we are better off not having one.

In my opinion, a roll system that works in Massive is both unattainable and unexecutable. Would it be interesting? Sure, but it wouldn't work. If you want rolls to work, you'd have to get everyone (or at least the majority) in the roleplay community to support the implementation of a SINGLE, COHESIVE roll system. Even if they'd all unite behind rolls, can you imagine them uniting behind a single system? Look at the recent Thylan issue (do not start debating Thylans again, this is an anecdote). People got all up in arms as soon as the change happened. How many people said they would try and rewrite the Thylans to get them back? A lot. If they got the chance, even more would try to get involved. How many unique roll systems would we get? Too many people would be unhappy with whatever was decided upon. Too many cooks spoil the meal.

It's much simpler to let things stay as they are. Not always, but in this case, the simplest solution is the best.

Tl;dr: Nobody would agree on a single roll system. If two people with different systems met, they wouldn't be able to do anything.

I remember I had this one powerful warrior char dude and me and this other guy were doing rolls and I rolled a 2-4 almost every time.

I understand what you're trying to say and I'm fully aware that controlling a roleplay server with such a huge playerbase is extremely hard, I agree with you there, in the point were you mentioned that if we do end up implementing this roll-based combat system, not everyone would agree with it or follow it. However, it's also important to note that right now, with our current "combat system", there are still people that roleplay it incorrectly, I mean, hell, it's not like we have all the players controlled right now anyways, right?

My point is, doesn't matter if we end up implementing this roll-based system (with extensions) or not, we will always have players who do not go by the server's roleplay rules. We don't even have an specific combat system right now, combat role-playing basically consists of emoting until one gets tired or until one gets clustered by all the people in the same place. Not saying all fights are crowded, but 1v1 fights are also just.. not effective, they lead to nowhere. I'm just saying: why not give it a try? Considering all the benefits this plugin can give to both combat, roleplay and character immersion, I'd say it is worth the attempt, even if not all players follow.

Now, how can we make players follow this new system (or at least try)? Think about it, where do all players go to when they have a doubt or a question about a certain lore thing? The wiki. You mentioned something about the combat system having a wiki article, saying it wouldn't work because not all players would follow. I honestly would disagree with you there. The server's wiki is the main source of information for literally everything.

For example: if two players are about to fight and there are any questions they can just head to the wiki page and answer any doubts they have about the new system. Once again I'm repeating what you said about many players not willing to follow the system, and maybe you're right; we can't do anything about that, but we can enforce the new system. Now that we can do, with help of the staff and maybe even players itself, rule-abiding players.
I think Stats would be nice, but impossible to really implement in a normal RP situation. Players would just set everything to max and be like "Stabs and you instantly die+" . "Has +20 speed so your point blank fireball misses+" etc.
Once again, it's not about "he has +20 speed" or "he has +10 in this skill blabla", because if this system ends up getting implemented, it'd need to be enforced, just like any other server rule, we can't let players do what they want to do.

I'd just like to repeat what I said earlier: why not give it a try? It can be interesting and it can certainly give players an idea of what a roll-based roleplaying combat system can do.

I honestly love this idea and it could literal be implemented by making a server announcement. This would add depth to the schools and such and it would fix a lot of the cop-out weaknesses

Honestly, perhaps this is just me but. I like to decide the courses of my actions without rolls, because there are constantly different modifiers and things altering the situation. At the risk of being narcissistic, I'd like to think that I rp fairly without rolls or anything. @Streako can testify that I rarely dodge anything in combat, and while I do admit to occasionally forgetting about the occasional weakness because I'm human and people make mistakes, I'm fairly content with my characters getting absolutely destroyed for the sake of character development. And I can say the same for him. I can say the same for most people that I know. I actually hate rolling unless it's for projectiles or something that is completely random. Quite frankly, if a rolling system was announced, I'd probably be the first one to stick a middle finger up at my computer and say "Hell naw, Ima still decide the results of my own actions." I don't doubt that others would do the same.
You bring up a valid point about the people that godrp, dodge everything, etc but. Honestly. I just ignore those people. I've been known to poof from combat before, for example, there was a situation where someone kept dodging everything and managed to keep attacking and casting while someone was casting hemocurse on them, so everyone else involved sorta just. Poofed away. And honestly. Doing stuff like that has gotten me out of /so many/ arguments about powergaming and stuff. I mean, yes, the issue with that is when people have a fit when someone attacks their char and they're told that they can't immediately poof away via shadow meld or dodge everything, and then they ignore people, etc. Trust me, I've seen winrpers do stuff like that and it typically causes a good rp to turn into a half-hour long argument. But honestly, no one is required to roleplay with people that're being unfair.
TL;DR- It's possible to crp fairly without rolls, most people dislike rolling from what I've seen, and you can just ignore godrpers.

Last edited:
As I said before, this is not about powergamers and how we can ignore them, because I'm pretty sure when everyone ignores a powergamer when they notice one, it's about how the combat system we have right now doesn't allow us to go further. What exactly do I mean by this? Take for example: two expert level warriors are fighting in a 1v1 duel using the current combat system (which just consists of emoting and letting the other player do what seems "best" for the fight), these expert warriors are not powergamers, they're not godrpers, but they obviously don't want to lose. Alright, maybe you like your characters to be "absolutely destroyed" for the sake of RP, but not everyone would like their characters to be absolutely destroyed just for the sake of RP, as you said. If two warriors of the same level are fighting, why should one get completely destroyed by the other? Just to continue rp, for the sake of it? That isn't how combat roleplay works, and a fair way to decide the outcome is using rolls (WITH expansions).

It has come to my attention that combat roleplay can often result in a disastrous cluster of players and a huge wall of text that can be hard to read and follow as well. I've also noticed that the /roll plugin, whilst increasingly used, is not terribly accurate or helpful.

My suggestion here is simple. Improve the roll plugin and make it a more sophisticated and formal way of combat roleplaying. What do I mean by this? That instead of just roleplaying the actions without any sort of outcome, we start using the roll plugin. It would go something along these lines:

Player 1 attempts to punch Player 2 in the stomach. /roll 20
Player 2 attempts to avoid Player 1's punch. /roll 20
Here, it is obvious that the highest outcome would be the winner, and after this particular pair of actions, it is now Player 2's turn to attempt to punch Player 1. It would keep going like that until a knockout or defeating punch is rolled. For example, if Player 1 attempted to punch Player 1 in the head and rolled a 20, and Player 2 attempted to avoid Player 1's punch and rolled a 2, it can be almost certain that Player 2 is now K.O'd.

However, there are some negative aspect to the current roll plugin. For example:

Let's say a Viridian Paladin (the highest rank of the Viridian Order) is fighting an unskilled and untrained person. It's pretty obvious that one paladin by itself can defeat a normal untrained citizen with ease, and I know what you're asking: "but what if the citizen rolls a higher number than the paladin?" Well, that's when these things called die extensions, which are applied by doing 20+(bonus), come to handy.

Now, let's say the same Viridian Paladin is fighting the same untrained peasant, but this time with a +15 bonus because he's an expert in his school. Now it would be pretty hard for the peasant to defeat the paladin using rolls, because now that he has a +15 bonus on his die, he can easily defeat the peasant (which he is supposed to do no matter what, he's a peasant.) This means that, when the paladin rolls, he automatically has a +15 bonus, so if he rolls a 3, he should have an 18 as the outcome.

These extensions are what make turn-based/roll combat roleplay so unique. Because they actually define what your character is able to do. For schools, the extension/bonus system can be something like this:

Student: No bonus.
Fighter: +5
Warrior: +10
Expert: +15

The same thing could go for the magic ranking system as well.

It's a simple idea that has the potential to make CRP more streamlined and less clunky - It might also help players hold a more neutral view of their opponents in CRP and keep everyone relatively happy with each other. However, this extension plugin, is not implemented (To my belief) in the roll plugin we currently have, and thus, my suggestion is to add it. To restate, it can be hard to decide the outcome out of a fight without using rolls, and it often results in long OOC arguments.

Of course injuries sustained during the fight and the effects of injuries are down to player interpretation and rely on cooperation still.
reminds me of a more DnD-esque roll system, which I'm all for

If two warriors of the same level are fighting, why should one get completely destroyed by the other? Just to continue rp, for the sake of it? That isn't how combat roleplay works, and a fair way to decide the outcome is using rolls (WITH expansions).
I do sorta agree. I typically only use rolls in situations like that, when the playing field is completely even and that's the only way to decide it.
But as @Streako said, I doubt that the whole server could get behind a single system of rolling.

I really like this idea, and it's good to see ideas to do with improving crp - there are certainly improvements to be made. And, theoretically, if you set up your rolls properly it will make crp completely fair, and much more streamlined.
Theoretically.
And this is a good system you've got. It would perhaps make crp a lot more fair and cut down on the number and length of arguments based around crp. However, like @SpamanoTomato I think that it will be very difficult to get the majority of the server to agree to use rolls. A lot of RPers have turned against combat rolls, because most commonly the systems used are either really bad, really complicated, or nonexistent.

Yes, it may help create a proper endpoint for fights. And yes, it would certainly help shorten them. This doesn't mean anything, however, if you can't get people to use the system.

There are one or two lesser problems that could be more easily worked around, but this is the main one. I don't think the staff will be willing to put time into coding this, putting it on the wiki and making an announcement if a decent fraction of role players are likely to reject it.

Honestly, I've always thought rolls could be a good addition to CRP. But not like this. Any Jo Schmo could just say "Oh yeah I'm warrior level +10" instead of actually looking up medieval combat techniques and all that sort of stuff like most CRPers do, or so I believe. I would prefer people getting meticulous and into detail into their technique in combat rather than rely on the RNG.

Yes, maybe it would be hard to make all the players agree with it, but then again, it can be enforced, just like any other server rule. Additionally, I personally don't know anything about coding, but I really don't think it would be that hard to code (I really don't know anything, so if I'm wrong, you're free to call me out.)

Honestly, I've always thought rolls could be a good addition to CRP. But not like this. Any Jo Schmo could just say "Oh yeah I'm warrior level +10" instead of actually looking up medieval combat techniques and all that sort of stuff like most CRPers do, or so I believe. I would prefer people getting meticulous and into detail into their technique in combat rather than rely on the RNG.
Same, if it ends up getting implemented, you can't let someone say exactly what you're quoting, because the system would need to be enforced and announced publicly. The "Oh yeah I'm warrior level +10" still can happen with or without the roll system, it doesn't make a difference. With the plugin, we can make the extension roll thing for accepted characters. Again, that's just an idea to get rid of those players and like SpamanoTomato said, you can always ignore said players. The point is, there will always be players that exaggerate their character's ability, so it doesn't make any difference.

Now, about "getting meticulous and into detail in your combat roleplaying": you still can, no one is saying you can't. This combat system is not only rolling and rolling. It'd consist of roleplaying/emoting your action and THEN rolling. So I believe you're freely to expand and detail your emotes as long as you want them to be.

I am not out of lunch money yet so here's my 5c:
I think this system is needed especially with the recent battles. I rolled a 20 and he rolled a 7 and nothing happened. it is hard to get away from a crp in a large battle like that. also, lots of people put weaknesses on their apps that are combat rp based that never come up and aaren' taken into effect because the odds are always equal. So on an app, someone could say "weak- -5 on all melee attacks" or something. I also agree it would fix combat with the new system as a high level fighter would most never be beaten by a low level fighter. I hhonetly love this idea but I think it should be a recognized as an official system by staff to help it grow but I don't think it should be enforced on all.

Yes, maybe it would be hard to make all the players agree with it, but then again, it can be enforced, just like any other server rule. Additionally, I personally don't know anything about coding, but I really don't think it would be that hard to code (I really don't know anything, so if I'm wrong, you're free to call me out.)
You mean to force a system that a good amount of people are absolutely against? Sure, that seems fair. While we are at it, let's also force RPers to go and PvP when they don't want to. Or demand that PvPers have approved applications even if they don't roleplay. If they refuse, they get kicked!
Do you see my point?

I for one am very much against any sort of roll system, as it takes a lot of the fun out of Crp. If two people with equal power fight each other, then the person with better OOC knowledge wins. Why? Because that's how combat rp works. No one wants to lose in Crp, but a mature Rper knows when his character is outmatched. That's one of the greatest signs that the person behind the screen isn't some angry child or immature teen who needs to be better than you. In my opinion, rolls are used for situations where it can really go either way. If you want to use a roll system, that's totally fine. But please don't say that we need to use a roll system, or else. People have had Crp without rolls for years at this point, if it was that big of a problem, staff would have come out with an official guide on the wiki at this point. People will get by and enjoy themselves without some overbearing, convoluted, and confusing system that effectively forces the outcome of your Rp out of your hands.

Im just going to chip in my two cents, for a possible system and how it could actually effectively be used:

Add a forum section, mentioned and linked in the Read Me, where players can submit to work something out with Staff, to assign "Stats" for set skills or categories. An entirely separate section, with a form, where players can not edit their own post after approval.

IE:

Strength -
Endurance -
Charisma -
Dexterity -
Intelligence -

These stats would be based on your character's listed strengths and weaknesses, Combat Schools and Magic, and can be positives and negatives.

These stats would ONLY come into play during Player Quests, or other special similarly formatted / handled events by Staff. These stats would be nonapplicable during active Roleplay with the exclusion of occasional In-Game Events, at the Staff's disclosure.

You mean to force a system that a good amount of people are absolutely against? Sure, that seems fair. While we are at it, let's also force RPers to go and PvP when they don't want to. Or demand that PvPers have approved applications even if they don't roleplay. If they refuse, they get kicked!
Do you see my point?

I for one am very much against any sort of roll system, as it takes a lot of the fun out of Crp. If two people with equal power fight each other, then the person with better OOC knowledge wins. Why? Because that's how combat rp works. No one wants to lose in Crp, but a mature Rper knows when his character is outmatched. That's one of the greatest signs that the person behind the screen isn't some angry child or immature teen who needs to be better than you. In my opinion, rolls are used for situations where it can really go either way. If you want to use a roll system, that's totally fine. But please don't say that we need to use a roll system, or else. People have had Crp without rolls for years at this point, if it was that big of a problem, staff would have come out with an official guide on the wiki at this point. People will get by and enjoy themselves without some overbearing, convoluted, and confusing system that effectively forces the outcome of your Rp out of your hands.
But that isn't exactly right either, because the chump with zero knowledge is gonna make bs up and try his hardest to win anyway, and the one with the knowledge is gonna have to sit down in a corner and give up eventually.

Tho there was this one guy that kept trying to make slash wounds with a dagger on a metal cuirass, he was power gamey to say the least. It ended fine when my character overpowered his mage character and kicked him in the head way too many times to be reasonable.

Point is, some people are reasonable, some aren't, a roll system that is used sometimes that we can all agree upon would be nice.

Seems a lot of the issue here are powergamers. You do realize that powergamers can just be punished, right? Just report them, or make a ticket. No need to punish the actually reasonable people.

Yea.. If someone wanted to try and cut me through metal armor then then there are ways to deal with that. The final resort being to just leave. If he is trying to do some anime BS during crp, you know he is prolly just another naruto with a backstory that has more dead parents then it has actual content. There is no reason to force a a system upon people who clearly don't need it.

Let me say, that i don't have immense experience with roleplay.

I like the system you came up with, I like that it removes a lot of problems, I like that it's simple too understand.

But leaving everything up to luck is kind of disorienting. This basically means, by a very small margin, a civilian could beat a highly trained warrior. Which, if it happened, would be pretty terrible for the warrior character where in reality itwould never happen, atleast not without help or setting up and planning before hand.

Your idea does force people to adhere to a rule set, which is wonderful, cause it is often difficult to moderate. But this is also, in a sense, a handicap. Just because there's always that slight chance. However, I am not against it. I am just not entirely sold on the fact that skill may not always be a factor with luck involved. Even with those extension rolls. Maybe if the at the 2nd/3rd level of weapon/magic skill level they surpassed the max roll a non-combat character could make.

But leaving everything up to luck is kind of disorienting. This basically means, by a very small margin, a civilian could beat a highly trained warrior. Which, if it happened, would be pretty terrible for the warrior character where in reality itwould never happen, atleast not without help or setting up and planning before hand.
That's exactly the problem we're trying to fix. With our current roll system, anyone can beat anyone using rolls. But with the one I'm suggesting (which has extensions [basically, if you're a warrior you should have a +5 on a roll, meaning that when you roll, you automatically get a +5 bonus because of your rank, meaning you could beat anyone that doesn't have a roll extension [[a civilian]] with ease.]) the roll combat system would be regulated.

I think most of the posters in this thread are forgetting that I'm not suggesting the roll system to be enforced. I'm suggesting an addition to the plugin that would balance combat and actually make it realistic. Like I said above, extensions would work based on a character's rank, not actual RPG statistics like stamina, endurance, etc. Even though character stats would be nice and could work as well, they are harder to regulate and that's why I'm proposing this new combat system to be based on ranks (warrior, trainee, expert, etc.)

You're saying things no one has mentioned in this thread. Who says the whole server is against it? Who's saying they will get kicked? Who's saying we're forcing rpers to PvP? You're just making things up, pal. We're just politely discussing this combat system I'm proposing and how it would affect our current combat roleplay system.

Last edited:
I honestly think that we need a staff approved crp system to keep any more conflicts and such because It can get pretty annoying when you roll 20/20 to shove a stick through the eye whole on somebody's armor and they just say- I am wearing armor, that didn't affect me.

I think most of the posters in this thread are forgetting that I'm not suggesting the roll system to be enforced.

yes, maybe it would be hard to make all the players agree with it, but then again, it can be enforced, just like any other server rule.

That's a pretty clear suggestion that this ought to be enforced.

Who's saying they will get kicked?
That kinda falls under the "this ought to be enforced by Staff" thing.

You're saying things no one has mentioned in this thread. Who says the whole server is against it?

I never said the whole server was against it, that would be a bad move on my part. I am speaking about the people who are against the idea of an enforced roll system. Your idea is a great one, but there are many of us that would rather keep things the way they are. If there are people who want to utilize such a system, I am not stopping them.

Who's saying we're forcing rpers to PvP? You're just making things up, pal.

There have been a plethora of discussions talking about this exact thing. Forcing RPers to go to the survival world and do things they clearly don't want to do. I am referencing those many threads.
Anyhow, it was an example. You can take it or leave it.

The roll system was never implemented as a definite "you have to use this" for CRP situations, and from my understanding different people use /roll in different ways as is most comfortable for them. For instance, the roll system you described is not how I use /roll when I CRP. I never pit my rolls against another person's rolls, I simply apply them to my character and my character alone based on a range for if they will or will not be struck, and the extent to which they may be harmed if they are. The /roll was implemented as a simple system which people can use, only if they want to use it.

I will mark this as "Under Review" but I, personally, do not see a strong enough benefit for this to be coded by Tech staff.

Tagging @LumosJared or @MonMarty for review on this for their experience in the roleplay community.

We implement the "5 per level" /dice system as a suggestion, it will never be enforced, and we have plenty of reasons to believe that roleplay should remain organic if possible.